Shipyard Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5391 yards 71.5 119
Green/Red (W) 72 4984 yards 68.8 113
Scorecard for Clipper / Galleon
Gold M: 74.0/133 428 567 413 178 380 435 202 366 530 3499 393 477 428 407 179 517 384 184 410 3379 6878
Blue M: 72.3/129 380 540 400 155 372 415 185 345 510 3302 371 452 393 384 157 490 345 172 382 3146 6448
White M: 70.4/126 365 507 376 140 352 400 144 326 489 3099 349 440 375 367 136 470 328 146 363 2974 6073
Green M: 67.5/117 W: 71.5/119 307 466 335 134 300 348 114 307 422 2733 315 408 335 343 113 409 313 121 301 2658 5391
Red W: 68.8/113 307 390 310 110 300 310 114 307 390 2538 315 340 275 293 113 409 279 121 301 2446 4984

Year Built 1970
Greens Diamond Zoysia Grass
Architect George Cobb (1970)

Playing Multiple Courses 11

Resort and Beginner

The Shipyard Golf Club is in the best condition I probably have ever seen it. The greens are rolling smooth, and the farways/rough are lush. The re-bunkering project has turned out great. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. In my opinion it is a great spot for a family enjoying the outdoors, and for those beginners.

Lots of water

Great layout, fun to play and greens are excellent

Commented On 05/14/2019

Thanks for playing! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the greens.

Great golf track

Great experience from the bucket of practice balls to the 19th hole cold brew. Polite and accommodating starter. Course was in great condition from tees to greens. Pace of play was super and never had to wait for a shot, round of golf in approximately 3 1/2 hrs. Nice 19th hole was comfortably shaded overlooking the finishing hole with nice happy hour pricing. Definitely recommend this track to others !!!

Back mine slow play

Pace of play was very good on our first nine but at the turn players we never saw all day now in front of us . No ranger or starter seen on turn. . Ended with foursome of ladies about on 12 who were very slow. The twosome in front of us lottery just drove around them and skipped a hole. We were a twosome and and arrived on the tee while they hit several shots . Did not offer to allow us to play through. Waited on every shot tha rest of the day when nobody was in front of them. Perhaps they stopped for lunch or just were on the wtong nine. ?

Commented On 05/14/2019

I'm sorry that the pace of play on your second nine wasn't up to your expectation. If you would like to discuss that, I'm happy to listen and learn more so that we can serve you better in the future. The number to my office is (843) 681-1510.

Great Coarse

Open arrival the staff were extremely helpful in directing where everything was and what to do. As a result pace of play moved extremely fast. Never waiting or rushed from behind. Coarse way in great shape. Greens were left a little long and need some adjustment to get used to.

Commented On 05/10/2019

We appreciate you playing and your feedback! I'm glad to hear that your pace was great and your round was enjoyable.

Shipyard

Place was excellent even saw alligators and turtles

Commented On 05/10/2019

It's good to hear you enjoyed our wildlife friends around the golf course!

Very Good Experience

I played Shipyard a year ago and was disappointed in the condition of the course and had decided I would not play it this year. I played earlier in the week at another course and one of my playing partners commented on the good condition of the course so I decided to give it another try and am glad I did. The fairways had more grass than any other course I’ve played here. The greens were in excellent condition. The course was busy but the pace of play was great, finishing in under 4 hours. I’ll be returning soon.

Commented On 05/10/2019

Thank you very much for your feedback - I'm grateful you gave us another chance! Our team has been hard at work to provide that type of experience and I'm glad you enjoyed your round.

Shipyard

Played the Brigantine Course to start. Played the tips (gold tees). The slope is 138 and it felt it with water on every hole. Water comes into play twice on hole #2. I likes the layout of Brigantine. The conditions were good. One bunker had almost no sand. We payed the Galleon course for the second 9. Moved up to the blue tees. A much easier course. But the conditions were not as good. The back 9 were were stuck behind a VERY SLOW mixed foursome with no ranger in sight. Yet we finished the 18 in 4 hours! The greens on both courses rolled smooth and fast, however. The two bathrooms on the respective courses were not well maintained. One had the paper towel dispenser jammed. There was NO WATER on the course! The starter and the bag handler both neglected to tell us there was a water and ice dispenser right by the club house/putting green. They do have a good chipping, bunker and putting practice area. I would not give them high marks for customer service, however. This course is a good value at the $35 we paid on GolfNow but NOT the $80 they get for regular rates.

Commented On 05/10/2019

I'm sorry to hear that we fell short in some areas of your experience! Thank you very much though for your feedback, as it's very helpful for us to improve.

Marshal saves the day

The course was in excellent condition and the greens the fastest we played which was a nice change from other courses in the area ... well worth the very reasonable price. Still the day could of gone downhill if the marshal had not shunted us to another of the 3 nines due to a pre-wedding golf tournament on our scheduled course. We finished in 3 hours ... fantastic!

Commented On 05/06/2019

Thanks for playing and your feedback - I'm happy to hear that our team helped make your day a great one!

Nice courses

We played the Galleon and Clipper courses this time. Nice courses, but dry conditions.

Commented On 04/30/2019

Thank you for coming out and playing! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time.

Enjoyable experience

The course was in really good shape. The greens were holding and smooth. It’s definitely a shot makers course as I hit 4 iron off a lot of tees to avoid trouble . I think sprinkler heads could be better marked to help with yardages. Rental clubs were brand new Titleist ts2 Woods and AP irons. Really had a good time playing on this layout . Great GOLF Now deal.

Commented On 04/30/2019

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the layout, conditions, and new rental sets! Hope your travels have been well and we see you the next time you're in Hilton Head.

Ben

I find golf course on Hilton Head well worth the money spent

Commented On 04/30/2019

We appreciate you playing Shipyard, thanks for your feedback!

Brigantine - great day

Was third player with a couple. I’m a beginner and they were great. I found the staff very friendly. They were organized and professional. Lots of gators on the banks sunning themselves. Highly recommend shipyard

Commented On 04/20/2019

I'm glad to hear you had a great day, thanks for playing!

Played all 27

Really enjoyed the course. Played all 27. Challenging yet playable. Loved it. Greens were perfect

Commented On 04/20/2019

Thank you for playing and your feedback - I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the team's work in maintaining great greens!

Ben

Nice layout, good greens but conditioning needs some work

We enjoyed our round on the Galleon/Clipper because the layout is interesting and the greens are in very good shape. However, the rough and fairways are in quite poor condition and need quite a bit of work to improve them to a state of good playability. We adopted a Winter Rules attitude as a result. The hot dogs at the half way hit were great!!!

Commented On 04/10/2019

Thanks for playing and your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the greens and the great hot dogs at the Pub!

We've recently mown out our fairways to widen them, and that turf is transitioning to better playability. I'm sorry it detracted from your day but it should improve soon!

Brigantine to Galleon - Had a Good Day

The staff is good here. Talked to the Marshall when we arrived 45 min early and he switched us so we could play Brigantine. We were great full as we have played here 3 times on Clipper and Galleon already. Although it was a slow round at about 4-1/2 hrs, it was a beautiful day. Fairways and greens in pretty good shape, but the sand traps on several holes were extremely hard with minimal sand, except for the edges. Like the design, complete with lots of water hazards, which makes this course challenging from all tee blocks. I enjoy playing from either the blue or golds.

Commented On 04/10/2019

Thank you for playing and your feedback! I'm glad to hear that our team took good care of you and got you switched over so you could play them all.

Ben

Pace of play was horrible

After we checked in my husband greeted the starter Peter and asked him how he was today. The response was 'I'll be doing a lot better after 4' which is when he goes home. Not a very friendly response to a customer. We teed off on time and after 40 minutes had only played 2 holes! Yikes. Had to call the pro shop and get the ranger out to move a very slow group along. Pace was ok until the back nine when there were 4 groups on one par 4. Called again. Ranger, told us that we were on tract to play 18 in just under 5 hours. Which was pretty silly. Said he didn't have to speed anyone along but mysteriously the speed of play improved. I thought the pace of play at a course was about 4 hours. It was busy but there was a complete lack of proactiveness on the part of the course to have a ranger out and manage speed of play.
The course was in reasonable shape.

Commented On 04/08/2019

I'm sorry to hear that our pace of play was not up to our standard and detracted from your experience. If you would like to share more about your experience, I would be happy to speak with you so that we can improve our operation. My phone number is (843) 681-1510.

Great beach course

This has a challenging layout, important that you play from the tee box that matches your abilities. Greens are very fast and in terrific condition. Lots of water so important to hit it to the right areas for your set up to the green. Love this course!

Commented On 04/01/2019

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your round at Shipyard! Thanks for coming to play and hope to see you again soon.

Request A Vacation Quote From Heritage Golf Group
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Heritage Golf Group will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club