Grey Rock Golf Club

Grey Rock Golf Club
Scorecard for Grey Rock Golf Club
Gold M: 74.6/139 423 509 193 446 380 445 542 187 317 3442 406 459 431 168 591 323 206 497 386 3467 6909
Blue M: 71.9/132 388 477 182 404 335 417 510 161 295 3169 381 433 410 148 537 301 191 447 361 3209 6378
White M: 69.4/127 W: 74.6/131 322 445 164 372 277 386 489 127 269 2851 340 379 379 121 505 251 175 413 318 2881 5732
Red M: 67.2/123 W: 72.2/123 280 422 154 348 264 319 439 98 244 2568 306 356 356 103 476 221 156 383 290 2647 5215

Year Built 1992
Greens Tiff Dwarf Bermuda
Architect Jay Morrish (1992)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Grey Rock Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover

Entertaining Clients 16

Good, could be great

I enjoy this golf course. Pretty much everything about this course is just as good or better than any other public course in the Austin area. Brand new putting green is huge and gorgeous. Course is always in good shape. The employees are always helpful and friendly. I would definitely come here 4-5 times per week as opposed to 1-2 times per week if they would simply allow to hit off the grass at the driving range instead of the fake turf mats. They only allow hitting off grass area on saturdays and sundays. When a round costs upward of $50-60, you would think they would be able to afford the labor/supplies to tend to repair of driving range divots. All other courses in the area you can hit practice balls off of real grass, 7 days a week. Kizer/Clay, Plum Creek, Onion Creek, Bluebonnet Hill are all examples and are less costly. Huge issue for me and probably many other golfers who try to improve their golf game on a regular basis.

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the feedback regarding our putting green and the condition of the course. We will definitely pass along these great compliments, thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Great Round

Course in great shape! Never had a bad lie in the fairway all day. Great price for a last AM tee time. Wouldn’t know we’re in drought conditions looking at the course.

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Formerly A Private Course

Grey Rock, an Austin public course, was formerly private and it shows in the layout and condition of the course.

I was a single and played as a single the entire 18 holes, so the pace was great. Now, getting to the first tee is a drive and would take 15 minutes to walk from the clubhouse, but once there, it was easy to follow the course direction back to the other side of the highway.

The course was in very good shape as the day before dumped a ton of rain on the course, but it had drained well by the next morning.

The staff was very helpful and courteous. In fact, one of the rangers notified me that the foursome that I ran into before the turn had gone into the clubhouse for food & drink and I could advance to the 10th tee and jump out well ahead of them.

So, I finished the course in less than 4 hours. I wish I had known more about the course layout. I probably would have saved a lot more strokes and balls.

I would definitely play this course again at the same or slightly higher price.

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that the pace of play was up to par on this particular day. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend!
Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.
Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Much improve and had a better experience

Had a bad experience a few months ago.. and gave it another try after my son play a STPGA event there. This time around, the course is in much better shape.. . especially the greens. The marshals were every friendly and helpful. Glad I gave it another try.

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad that you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon.

Best not play when staff joins in

Pace of play was terrible. Apparently if you play in the afternoon their staff just decides to jump in in front of you. Delay delay delay. And of course they thought they could hit every shot 300 yards. Not! Would not let faster players go ahead. Joke.

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate the feedback, and we have shared it with the appropriate staff. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Pleasantly suprised. I’ve played all around this course until iust recently. It is on the list now, for sure.

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed the course, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Really enjoyed this course. Wasn't too hard and the greens were in excellent shape

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We glad that you enjoyed the course conditions, and we hope you will book another round with us soon.

Course was in great shape. Beautiful layout and very fair for all abilities.

Response from Grey Rock Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we're are glad that you enjoyed the course conditions and layout. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018