Style Links

Formerly known as The Tradition Golf Club At Royal New Kent

Royal New Kent Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Mike Strantz (1996)

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 14

Great first round!

First time playing, heard the layout is tough. Course is in great shape First time thru was awesome, enjoyed the layout, tough but playable. greens were fast but fair, you do get some rollout on down hill putts took a few greens to get used too really enjoyed the round and look forward to coming back.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, 20YardsByU! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Track!

My son and I played this course as we wanted to play somewhere different for fathers day but close as we are from Williamsburg and the course didn't disappoint. Excellent layout..difficult but fair with beautiful scenery. Loved the elevation. Met Chris the GM after and he gave us some hsitory of the course and couldn't have been nicer. Can't wait to get out again!

New favorite

Definitely one of my new favorite courses after playing for the first time. The condition of the course was perfect, and was amazed at how well the course had drained after a week of rain. The layout is fun and challenging, unlike any layout of a course I had seen before. You truly feel like you are playing a course you'd see in the British Open. Anyone living in or passing by the Richmond/Williamsburg area needs to add this course to their go-to list. Looking forward to my second round here coming up soon!

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hello! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Royal New Kent Golf Club!

Best Public Course in Virginia

My dad and I played here on a weekday afternoon for an early father's day round. We went in very excited from what we had already heard about it, and it still exceeded our expectations. The layout was unlike any course I had played before - lots of hills, blind shots, and ravine areas. It truly makes you feel like you are playing a course you'd see in the British Open. The condition of the course was great - it had rained all week prior and we were shocked by how well it had already drained. As challenging as the course is, it is still very fair, and you are rewarded for safe/good shots. Can not wait to play here again now that I have already seen the layout, as it is a very fun challenge. Anyone living in or passing by the Richmond/Williamsburg area needs to add Royal New Kent to their go-to course list.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Ryan5799050. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We are glad you chose us to tee off with your dad for Father's Day. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Royal New Kent Golf Club.

This course is amazing in many ways, beautiful and hard but fun!

This course is amazing in many ways, now that being said it’s beautiful and hard. It’s the only course when I got done playing, I said it kicked my butt and I was smiling, I can’t wait to play it again.

5 Star all the way and great people who run the course and club house!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Your feedback is important to us, OagEFGdX14ueL1ie0H4s. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Royal New Kent Golf Club.

Grandson’s first round of golf

Introduced my grandson to golf. Couldn’t think of any other course to do so. The staff is great, the course is absolutely the best, and the food and beverages were fantastic.

A must play course. You won’t be disappointed.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you and your grandson enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you and your grandson. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Royal New Kent Golf Club

A CHALLENGING COURSE IN GREAT CONDITION

An extremely tough test of golf for a senior golfer, the course is very fair and in tip-top shape,

Commented on 06/16/2020

RGBF5938A96AD22464F, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Royal New Kent Golf Club.

Links style course in great shape

First 9 holes very reminiscent of toughest Irish links courses. Back nine much friendlier. Smooth putting, fine fairways and great design make this a real value.

Commented on 06/12/2020

georgedick, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Royal New Kent Golf Club.

Virginia Advisor

The Best Keeps Improving

It's only been a month since my last review of this course, one of my all-time favorites, but I thought I'd update on a couple things.

The conditions continue to get even better with the greens rolling really well and the bunker sand now plays perfectly firm and not too fluffy.

The service is top-notch, some of the friendliest group of folks I've encountered in the state so props to them all.

The food there is also excellent. One of the best golf course burgers I've ever had so be sure to eat while you are there, it's totally worth it!

If this course has been on your list to play for a while, GO PLAY IT! You'll be glad you finally did it!

Commented on 06/23/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Back9Ben. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Royal New Kent Golf Club.

I had a really great time playing at this course. Next time I come I will be bringing friends to enjoy the same experience. The 19th hole restaurant has a really nice view of hole 18 to keep you entertained.

Commented on 06/29/2020

Hi, JonMonge. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Royal New Kent Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

One for the bucket list!

Great from start to finish. Extra friendly and accommodating team managing this course, beautiful and clean facilities, and a difficult but rewarding course to fully test you for all you are worth.

Awesome!

Commented on 06/08/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, duquettd! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Greens were in excellent shape and running true. Fairways were in good shape and there were quite a few blind shots. We did not have a hole layout which made it difficult to determine layout of the hole.

Would like to return to play this course again now that we have a better idea of where the trouble is on the holes.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Hi tmban. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Royal New Kent Golf Club.

Fun!!

What a course! Tough but a lot of fun. No two shots are the same. Leave your frustrations at home and enjoy!

Commented on 06/01/2020

Thank you for your review, braley26. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Royal New Kent Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great round

Had a great time on a great, not easy, course. Tee to green in great shape. Great deal on GolfNow...
Would play again in a heartbeat.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi, u314160080040. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Royal New Kent Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

New favorite

Just played here for the second time, and I’ve gotta say that it’s now my favorite course in the RVA area. First trip here is daunting as the holes have obstacles and turns, and you don’t know the course. But coming back for a second time is a blast. The obstacles make for creative golf, and the conditions will challenge you (had a 337yd drive with wind on #1, 270yd (well-hit) drive against wind and light rain several holes later). Impeccable fairways and greens right now. Management and staff are cool good people, the best around. Will be returning as frequently as possible.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Your feedback is important to us, lggammon10. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Royal New Kent Golf Club.

Golf Royal New Kent and be transported to a far-off place

Treat yourself to a delightful and beautiful, challenging round of golf. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Many holes feature rambling stone walls, meandering brooks, blind approaches obscured by daisy-and gorse-covered hills and spectacular vistas. To play here in Tidewater Virginia, you may feel as if transported to western Ireland. A thoroughly enjoyable experience, especially if you remain in the fairways.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, 5ay5d3E7WD64YTZoMXc0! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lovely, challenging course

We thoroughly enjoyed playing Royal New Kent conveniently located between Richmond and Williamsburg. The staff was friendly and helpful and the carts were equipped with ball washers, club cleaners and, even amidst the Covid health measures, had bottled water which was a welcome and thoughtful touch.

The course was in very good shape and, though the land is generally flat in the Tidewater region, was hilly—we were glad to have taken carts. Many of the holes are reminiscent of ones we’ve played in Ireland, featuring rambling stone walls, uneven topography with blind shots, punitive rough, abundant wildlife and scenic views. A challenging, beautiful course that we will eagerly play again.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello, 5ay5d3E7WD64YTZoMXc0. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Royal New Kent Golf Club!

tommymikel

One of the best courses I have played in my fifty years of golf. Great course conditions, friendly staff and great food at the pub!

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, 6wsMG6ZFQXmbo2FkkW3m! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Royal New Kent Golf Club!

Providence Forge, Virginia