A view from tee #2 at Kiskiack Golf Club.

Kiskiack Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect John LaFoy (1997)

Golf Simulator Yes

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Beautiful course terrible sand traps.

Lay out, greens and fairways are great. Challenging course over all. The staff are incredibly nice. However, The sand traps are just rocks and dirt which really takes away from the experience, especially with how often I end up in traps.

Great golf course

Wonderful conditions but played very slow on back 9

Kiskiack - - Great shape!

Had some light showers after 3 holes, then they faded away. Course is in great shape! Really enjoy playing here. Greens are pretty quick, fairways are beautiful!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback, uPMOQ6188PM! We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Beautiful course!!!!!

Played there today. Course was in great shape. Fast play, 18 holes in just over 3 hours.

Beautiful layout

Very forgiving layout and beautiful views. I had a great round and played with 3 locals who helped guide me around the course. Mike probably saved me a couple strokes on his pointers from the black teens. I will play again for sure

Commented on 07/07/2020

dave0909, thank you for your 5-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Very nice

Nice course, good layout, not extremely difficult. COVID changes things of course, there was no Marshall - a golfer was blaring hip-hop music from his cart, an older guy in front of us hit 5 balls off the tee on 18 trying to get it over the water (note - he could have hit 100 balls, and he never would have hit it over). Traps weren’t.raked (again COVID), but for a low key round, it was a nice course.

Beautiful course

Great challenging course. Played the tips and got every dollars worth.

Only complaint is not about the course but the people that play it. Please have common courtesy to repair divots and ball marks on the greens. Don’t be lazy.

Commented on 06/29/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Kiskiack Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Sand traps

Course is in nice condition but the traps/bunkers are terrible. Looks like they haven’t been tractor raked in a long time. Mostly like dirt with deep ruts and crevices all around.

Commented on 06/29/2020

Hi Rob99, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're sorry to see that your overall golf experience was anything short of 5 stars. Your feedback on our bunkers is very important to us and has been escalated to our staff for potential improvements. We appreciate your patience & understanding during this time, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hi TrumanLMays, we're glad that you enjoyed your time at Kiskiack Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another great golf experience!

Excellent Williansburg GolfvCourse

Totally enjoyed playing golf today. Course is easily walked and in excellent condition. In my opinion dollar for dollar it’s the best course in Williamsburg.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback on your golf experience, u314159955967. We're so glad you enjoyed your round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club!

Lovely design in the woods of Virgina

Beautiful isolated setting. Great user friendly design...modest elevation changes. Only issue was traps full of water after heavy rainstorm the night before.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, georgedick! We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding our sand traps due to heavy rain the night before, but we're glad you still enjoyed your round with us. Please join us again soon and thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Lost Game and Driver Cover

Loved the course, beautiful elevations. Couple guys that play there often pushed us the whole first 9 so that was a little annoying. Only because I rarely get away from my wife and kids for golf and want to enjoy around not hurting my next shot or hurrying on the green so I don’t hold someone else up. But all in all great course. The one other thing that annoyed me is that I left a brand new driver cover in the cart and they can’t seem to find it. Now, I know it’s my fault for not taking care of my property, but it wasn’t like I lost it a month ago. I literally drove back to the course the next day and poof it had vanished.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Thanks for taking the time to review the course and leave us 4-stars. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your golf experience with us! However, we do apologize for any inconvenience regarding your driver cover but we believe this has already been resolved with you and our staff. If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to Nick Zanca, Director of Operations, at 757-566-2200. We hope to have you back at Kiskiack Golf Club again soon.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, bradnolin! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Course in great shape

Had not played this course in bout 6 weeks and was extremely surprised to see the great shape it was in from tee to green.

They just received new carts which were nice to have the ball and club washers on them.

Looking forward to plying this again.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback, tmban! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Moms day special

Took the family and had a wonderful time. Thanks!!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi u124067544, thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi uCXDO1834CX, thank you so much for the 4-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Kiskiack Golf Course

The staff are super friendly. It's been wet lately so it's not anyone's fault the course is a little rough. I think it's a great layout and challenges any level of golfer.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Thank you for your 4-star review and kind feedback on our staff, u308910598! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round despite the weather conditions. Please join us again soon and thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Virginia Advisor

Soggy Conditions Dampen An Otherwise Solid Experience

It had been a year or two since my last visit to Kiskiack. The GolfNow deal (and GolfPass perks) finally drew me in from Richmond to play.

The course layout is about as good as I remember. Aside from a few holes that feel like a repeat of the ones next to them there's a good mixture here of longer and shorter holes that offer different approach options (spoiler alert: I went for the driver on all of them).

My favorite hole remains the shorter par-4 10th, though I also have an affinity for the par-5 18th and the par-3 17th. Each of them are picturesque and offer a fair and rewarding challenge.

Conditions the day I played were a bit lacking. Yes, it had rained the day before but large puddles in every bunker is a disappointing sight (as is the large-grit sand in them) and it's clear that generally the course struggles to drain well. The greens appear to be recovering from aeration quite well and are generally smooth. I did struggle quite a bit with pace as the downhill putts can get away from you while the uphill putts never seem to have enough juice to get to the hole.

Staff and amenities are both satisfactory. Holes were converted with upside down cups and golfers were encouraged to single-person cart it or walk for everyone's safety. It did appear that ball washers were in use though I simply used a wet towel to wipe off my muddy ball after each hole.

For the price I struggle to find much to complain about here, but perhaps an investment in course drainage (and sand) would warrant a higher greens fee and make the course stand out a bit more.

All things considered, I'd still rather play Colonial Heritage which has nicer conditions and is rarely crowded. But if you are looking for a less daunting challenge, you may prefer it here instead and overall this remains a solid choice for any golfer.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi Back9Ben, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We aim for a 5-star experience, so our team always welcomes this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Thank you for playing Kiskiack Golf Club, and we hope to welcome you back for an even better golf experience soon!

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, shanesva! We're glad you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club.

Toano, Virginia