Kiskiack Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Mark Houston Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Championship 72 6775 yards 72.5 134
Back 72 6405 yards 70.8 131
Middle 72 5595 yards 67.1 123
Forward (W) 71 4902 yards 67.8 112

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Always a great experience"

Irishlad62's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

We play this course every time we are in the Williamsburg area. This year the weather has not been the best. However, this course was in better shape than we thought it would be. The staff are always pleasant and accommodating.

The course has a very nice layout and is suited to players of all abilities.

"Great Staff, I showed up on the wrong day.they worked me in. Great time."

jwwelsh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

I was impressed ! They were extremely helpful, in getting me out there on time.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience with us. Thank you for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club and we can't wait to have you back for another round soon!

"Need work"

Speedblade54's avatar
Virginia Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Love this course and the people. Always accommodating from pro shop to starter to the Grill. Our pair has been paired with others numerous times of variety of handicaps, but have never played here without a pairing we did not enjoy. Today was no difference. The layout is unique, a lot of elevation changes , and no houses. So many courses around here you feel like your playing in someone’s backyard. Now for the bad news , conditions are not great. Tees sandy, fairways sandy in numerous locations , greens aerated not long ago and little hard , sandy and a variety of shades of green and yellow. Good news the traps are sandy and are in very good condition. Example played very high gap wedge from around 120 , hit held and never found my mark. Hope to be back in about a month and really hoping we get some nice spring weather to give them a chance to get this course back in shape. Pace of play, yes can be slow here. Beautiful layout and people love coming here and as a result it does get crowded. Usually play 18 in about 3 1/2 hours and a full 5 today. Hope to be back in area in about a month and will give it a try and see if getting back in shape as am accustomed to here.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and course. Your comments regarding some of the course conditions will be passed along to our staff for any possible improvements, but we appreciate your patience as we are still coming out of winter and hope for warmer weather to bring us back to our great conditions soon. Thank you for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club and we can't wait to have you back soon!

Pinkney048's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

We appreciate the 4-star review! On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we hope you enjoyed your recent round with us. We look forward to seeing you for another one again soon!

"Great Course"

itom212's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

This was a great challenging course. We played three times during the week in early April. The first two days were cold, the third later in the week was warm, but quite windy. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The greens had been recently aerated and had not grown in, but were inconsistent. The layout is very challenging hilly, with water in play in many places. I would say that it is challenging but fair. The bermuda was dormant as were all the courses in the area, but fairways, greens and rough were all in good shape. We really enjoyed ourselves. Also the restaurant it tip top. Be sure to grab a bite at the end of your round, you'll be glad you did.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, as well as 4-stars. Your comments will be shared with our staff for any potential improvements, but we're glad to hear you enjoyed your round and meal! We look forward to welcoming you back to Kiskiack Golf Club again soon.

"East coast gem"

ussstanley's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

I really enjoyed playing this course on vacation it is in great shape and a very interesting short course,challenging.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us at Kiskiack Golf Club, and hope we can have you back for another round soon.

"Great day for Golf"

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

The greens were great. COurse in excellent condition even though some rain had been in the area. Overall great course

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

We appreciate the kind review and 5-stars! Thank you for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club and we can't wait to see you again soon.

"WIlliamsburg, VA area gem"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Kiskiak Golf Club is my "go to" place, because of the relaxing environment and friendly staff. It's also one of few courses in the Williamsburg, VA area, with no houses on the course, making for lots of peace and tranquility. The course is in very good shape year-round. Kiskiak really is a Williamsburg area gem.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the kind review, and 5-stars! We truly appreciate your feedback on behalf of all of our staff here at Kiskiack Golf Club. We look forward to welcoming you back in for another round soon!

"Great course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

I have played this course many times this fall and winter. Can't wait to play it when everything is nice and green.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 4-stars! We value your dedication to playing at Kiskiack Golf Club and can't wait to have you back out during the summer.

"Bouncy greens"

uCXDO1834CX's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018

The only thing was the holes left in the greens from aeration

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We truly appreciate your feedback so we may forward your comments to the appropriate staff and hope to have you back for another great round soon. Thank you for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club!

"Usually a good course to play"

drmalone's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

I have played Kiskiack GC many times and have always enjoyed my round. I would usually recommend play here to anyone visiting the Williamsburg area, but my last two visits have turned me off. Last fall, I played a five hour run and only finished 15 holes. It was midday and chalked it up to a busy with lots of high handicappers. but yesterday I played a five hour round with temperatures in upper forties. Again, I wasn't in a hurry, but I am use to a four hour or less round while walking.The one thing thing that really irritated me was to pay for my round, hit some balls, putt, and be ready to play and then have a starter say cart path only with punched greens. That should have been told to me the minute I walked into the pro shop and went to pay the fees.That's the kind of treatment that tells me to warn others to be careful.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and truly apologize that your recent round with us did not live up to our usual expectations. On behalf of our staff, we value your comments so we may make any necessary improvements for your future experiences with us. We hope you were still able to enjoy the day, and that we can welcome you back for a much better round soon.

uCXDO1834CX's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2018

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 02/28/2018:

Thank you for the review and 4-stars. At Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly value your feedback as we are committed to providing you with a great golf experience. Play again soon!

"Beautiful course"

mchoi00's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in very good condition considering it was January. Beautiful layout with tall majestic trees and rolling hills. No homes to mar the beauty of natural surrounding. Interesting start with a par 5 followed by a par 3 on the next hole. Very fair test of golf and an excellent finishing par 5 . One of the top courses in the Williamsburg area.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 01/29/2018:

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We truly value your feedback and look forward to having you back again soon!

"Great layout"

allen3531022's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2017

Enjoyed playing this beautiful course even on a cold winter day. Course was in great shape. Interesting holes

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 01/04/2018:

Thanks, Allen! We appreciate you teeing it up out here at Kiskiack Golf Club even in the colder weather. Come back again soon. Let's hope for some warmer weather ASAP!

"Dreaming of a Golf Day Christmas"

streetman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2017

The fact that I'm from Iowa and I was able to play a round of golf 2 days before Christmas in a short sleeve shirt speaks volumes. The sun was shinning most of the day with temps right around 70. The course definitely reflects the time of year more so than the weather, the fairways were completely brown and the greens not so green. None of this affected the game the course played just like it did in the middle of summer. The tee boxes were clean and well maintained and considering the time of year most of the fallen leaves had been moved from the fairways. Since it was so unseasonably warm the pace of play was a little slow due to everyone taking advantage of what would be the fine weather golfers last outing.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 12/29/2017:

Perfect! Nothing better than playing golf in a short sleeve short 2 days before Christmas. We're glad to hear that you such a great day with us at Kiskiack Golf Club. Next time you're in the area be sure to visit us again.

deanbowen's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2017

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 12/26/2017:

Thanks, Dean! Come back again soon.

Sloppygolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/19/2017

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 12/21/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star overall rating! Come back to Kiskiack Golf Club again soon.

"Good Course"

Mooses76's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2017

The usual very good course. Greens were good. Wind was not near as strong as predicted so we really enjoyed another round at Kiskiack. Was cart path only, but could have been 90 degrees.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 12/21/2017:

Thank you for playing Kiskiack Golf Club! We apologize that it was cart path only during your round. Hopefully next time you play out here the conditions won't be as wet. See you again soon.

"Popular Course!"

syackel's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

Course conditions very good for late Fall. Track is interesting and challenging but playable for most players. Great staff!

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 12/07/2017:

Thank you for playing Kiskiack Golf Club again! We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions this time of year. Our maintenance crew has done a great job! Come back again soon.

"Enjoyable but too slow"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

2nd time playing course. 1st time was great with few on the course. Yesterday 12:15 tee time turned into 1:00 tee of due to frost delay, then a 5 minute delay on most tee boxes. Wasn't able to get 18 in which was dissapointing. Without a ranger play can get really slow here, not sure why no attempt is made to monitor a reasonable playing time. Like the course and it is a good value. Staff is pleasant.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 11/30/2017:

Thank you for playing Kiskiack Golf Club again. We apologize that the frost delay in the morning resulted in a slower than normal pace of play. We hope you'll give us another try soon!