Kiskiack Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Mark Houston Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Championship 72 6775 yards 72.5 134
Back 72 6405 yards 70.8 131
Middle 72 5595 yards 67.1 123
Forward (W) 71 4902 yards 67.8 112

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"One of my favourite course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

Beautiful greens and a beautiful layout a course that you have to play in Williamsburg

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 11/21/2017:

Thank you for playing Kiskiack Golf Club! We appreciate you recommending our golf course to others. Be sure to check out our online gift store for some great holiday gifts!

"NO DISCLOSURE OF REPAIRS"

elpaso21's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Love the layout and the staff. The price is not right for the number one fact the website does not disclose the current condition of the course as of MAY 18 2018.

Once I checked in, the Pro Shop disclosed that many collars around the greens were under repair. And there was still a handful of greens that still needed the re-sod patches to be installed. As a courtesy to us golfers, the website/tee time page should have an ADVISORY stating this. IF NOT, THEN AT LEAST PROVIDE AN ON-SITE DISCOUNT FOR THE SURPRISE @ check-in as a gesture of goodwill . For the rate they are charging, I would not play right now. Okay, with that said, I liked the layout very much. On account the course was soaked from 3 straight days of monsoon type rain, I did not play from the tips and lost a few golf balls in sand traps that were now brown muddy lakes. I completely understand draining the traps was not the upmost priority when mother nature makes things difficult. If I ever play here again, i will be sure to call about repair conditions.

Did score at 82 with 3 mulligans and one do over putt and 3 judgement calls with sand traps as i did not have time to hit the driving range before hand. My scorecard was a keeper with a few *** next to a couple of holes early on in the round.

"ok shape"

Daniel3665506's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

course in ok shape, a lot of bare dirt and sod around greens, it kills your shot, cannot play out of it, edge is like a speed bump and will eject putt or chip, should of gotten discount to play, will not be back until fixed.

"One of my favorites in Williamsburg"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018

As a local, I've played all of the local public courses, and we keep going back to Kiskiack. It's challenging enough without beating you up too much. The layout mixes things up, and the conditions are consistently terrific.

The new upgrades to the outdoor patio make it a top pick for local outings, and you can always find some interesting local brews on tap at the bar.

The driving range is one of the best in the area.

Top it off with a friendly staff, and you just can't go wrong at Kiskiack.

"old favorite"

eman1148's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

we play this course several times a year ,good value ,,greens are usually very good, right now they are repairing a lot of winter damage , resoding the edge of the greens and plugging dead spots in the fairways. poanna is all over the greens but they putt just fine. place should be primo the first part of June.great place to play to boost your morale if you are playing bad..pace of play was very slow for a tuesday morning 5 plus hours but that is not the usual norm. usally can play in 31/2 to 4 hours,

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/17/2018:

On behalf of our staff, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as well as the 4-stars. Your comments will be shared and we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding some of our course maintenance as we prepare for a great golf season ahead. We can't wait to have you back at Kiskiack Golf Club again soon!

"Could be great"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

My only gripe about this course is course conditions, espeically the sand traps. They are @#$& at best. Lack of sand, poor drainage, collapsing walls and shortage of rakes. If you end up in one, better to remove. Pace of play can be turttle pace when busy. I’left on two occacions. I’ve Never seen a course marshall helping with speed of play. Pro shop staff always helpful, but seem limited in what their authorized to enforce. Lots of golf to choose from here, very competitive for players. Im going to play elsewhere until I hear of improvments.

""A Gem to Be Discovered""

donaldganderson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Kiskiack Golf Course is a beautiful course near Williamsburg VA. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The course is fair but challenging, especially to a "flat-lander" like me. The greens were superb. I didn't test the sand.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Hi Donald, we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a kind review, as well as the 4-stars. We hope you had a great first experience with us at Kiskaick Golf Club, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

"Needs maintenance"

maugsdorfer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

This could be a very good course, except that a) the greens need to be more consistent (too many weed grasses) and b) the areas around the greens need repair (many of them were bare dirt). Staff is very welcoming

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Great course, play this course every time when visiting Williamsburg

"Not up to par"

pcm3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

This course must have suffered winter damage. A lot of bad areas which are usually not there.

"Needs work."

lluessen's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Course was not in good shape. Bermuda still dormant on fairways. Greens looked like something invasive was growing. Not enjoyable.

"Course had a lot if winter wear"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

Many courses is this ares are showing wear from a rough winter. A lot of bare fairways and not so great greens. 2 months will mske a big difference.

"Unfit to play"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Booked this round on GN hot deal for $37. I would rather have played elsewhere at full pop. This track was in such poor condition it was I cart path only. They used the term "so it would heal quicker". The starter tried to rush us off the driving range which really bothered us. We had just driven 11 hours from Canada and this was our first round and we just dropped $30 in the club house on lunch and paid for range balls and he wants us to tee off before our tee time. Then, when we collect at the starters house a 'member' sitting on the deck whistles at us like dogs to get out of the way of some opposing carts just coming off the course. Miserable start to say the least to an otherwise fantastic vacay in Williamsburg. The course was I'd say 60% either winter kill or dried out. Great layout - poor presentation.

"Golfing day"

Beauzon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Awsome. Layout, staff, pace. Good pro shop , good deals.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

We appreciate the 4-stars and great review! Thanks for leaving us with your feedback as we will be sure to share it with our staff. Visit Kiskiack Golf Club again soon!

coreynicotera's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hi Corey, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the 5-stars. On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we can't wait to welcome you back for another round soon!

U002cjc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

"Always a great experience"

Irishlad62's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

We play this course every time we are in the Williamsburg area. This year the weather has not been the best. However, this course was in better shape than we thought it would be. The staff are always pleasant and accommodating.

The course has a very nice layout and is suited to players of all abilities.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/20/2018:

Thank you for the kind words and 4-star review! We appreciate your dedication to playing at Kiskiack Golf Club, and hope you had a great round with us. Come back soon!

"Great Staff, I showed up on the wrong day.they worked me in. Great time."

jwwelsh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

I was impressed ! They were extremely helpful, in getting me out there on time.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience with us. Thank you for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club and we can't wait to have you back for another round soon!

"Need work"

Speedblade54's avatar
Virginia Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Love this course and the people. Always accommodating from pro shop to starter to the Grill. Our pair has been paired with others numerous times of variety of handicaps, but have never played here without a pairing we did not enjoy. Today was no difference. The layout is unique, a lot of elevation changes , and no houses. So many courses around here you feel like your playing in someone’s backyard. Now for the bad news , conditions are not great. Tees sandy, fairways sandy in numerous locations , greens aerated not long ago and little hard , sandy and a variety of shades of green and yellow. Good news the traps are sandy and are in very good condition. Example played very high gap wedge from around 120 , hit held and never found my mark. Hope to be back in about a month and really hoping we get some nice spring weather to give them a chance to get this course back in shape. Pace of play, yes can be slow here. Beautiful layout and people love coming here and as a result it does get crowded. Usually play 18 in about 3 1/2 hours and a full 5 today. Hope to be back in area in about a month and will give it a try and see if getting back in shape as am accustomed to here.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and course. Your comments regarding some of the course conditions will be passed along to our staff for any possible improvements, but we appreciate your patience as we are still coming out of winter and hope for warmer weather to bring us back to our great conditions soon. Thank you for choosing Kiskiack Golf Club and we can't wait to have you back soon!

Pinkney048's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

We appreciate the 4-star review! On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we hope you enjoyed your recent round with us. We look forward to seeing you for another one again soon!

"Great Course"

itom212's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

This was a great challenging course. We played three times during the week in early April. The first two days were cold, the third later in the week was warm, but quite windy. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The greens had been recently aerated and had not grown in, but were inconsistent. The layout is very challenging hilly, with water in play in many places. I would say that it is challenging but fair. The bermuda was dormant as were all the courses in the area, but fairways, greens and rough were all in good shape. We really enjoyed ourselves. Also the restaurant it tip top. Be sure to grab a bite at the end of your round, you'll be glad you did.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, as well as 4-stars. Your comments will be shared with our staff for any potential improvements, but we're glad to hear you enjoyed your round and meal! We look forward to welcoming you back to Kiskiack Golf Club again soon.