Kiskiack Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Mark Houston Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Championship 72 6775 yards 72.5 134
Back 72 6405 yards 70.8 131
Middle 72 5595 yards 67.1 123
Forward (W) 71 4902 yards 67.8 112

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Great layout"

allen3531022's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2017

Enjoyed playing this beautiful course even on a cold winter day. Course was in great shape. Interesting holes

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 01/04/2018:

Thanks, Allen! We appreciate you teeing it up out here at Kiskiack Golf Club even in the colder weather. Come back again soon. Let's hope for some warmer weather ASAP!

"Beautiful Course"

jrobigolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

Kiskiack is a very visually appealing course and quite challenging as well. It was pretty busy for a Thursday and our round took 4:45. Greens were still healing from aeration but still putted quite well. Look forward to the next time we can play here.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 06/18/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. We hope you had a great first round with us, and we can't wait to welcome you back to Kiskiack Golf Club again soon!

"SLOW play"

Dandusko's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

5 and a quarter hours to play - ridiculous! Play was horribly slow.

For the most part - course was in good shape considering all the rain we have had.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018

It took 6 hours plus to play 18 holes in above 90 degree heat. The course is beautiful but the length of time required to play this course is ridiculous. For this reason I will not recommend this course nor will I play it again.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 06/06/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and are sorry to hear your first round with us was affected by a slow pace of play. As this has been a previous concern for us, we are very excited to say that we are getting ready to start our ranger program to help resolve this issue on the course moving forward. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us, and that this improvement will bring you back to the course again soon as we look forward to providing you with an even better golf experience.

"Terrific break from studying history"

BWSmith49's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

We were in the Colonial Willuamsburg area for a much needed vacation. There is a lot of information to absorb at the museums and historical sights. However, the brain needs a break from the intense history lesson from time to time. We found a great course nearby and booked on Golf Now. It was a terrific choice. We both enjoyed our time there. The conditions were great. The layout was fun and challenging. The people were very friendly. By the way, thanks Kenny (USMC) for your service. I wish that I was playing there again tomorrow.

richview506's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

The course was very nice they have had a lot of rain in the area and it was cart path only ,I expected that other than thar and the sand traps were all washed away it was a nice round

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/24/2018:

Hi Rich, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars. We appreciate your understanding regarding some of the recent weather conditions but are glad to hear you were still able to enjoy the day with us at Kiskiack Golf Club. We hope to have you back for an even better round soon!

"Course was wet"

uCXDO1834CX's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

Over all a pleasant experience...... players where very curtious

"Needs A lot of Work"

Josh3883273's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I played the course on May 18th. The course was very wet due to all the rain. The course handled the water well but the course was in terrible shape -- having nothing to do with the rain.

Pretty much every green collar had not grown in. Looks like had some sort of disease and the colors were either sand or loose sod. Some of the fairways were not in good shape either.

I played Kiskiack several years ago and it was tremendous. The layout is great. But, this time, it was in bad shape.

It was part of a golf trip. We had a group of 15. Had we been warned, we would not have played there -- maybe that is why they didn't warn us.

However, there was no offer of a discount or offer to buy a round of beers for the poor condition of the course. We were just told to stay off the collars prior to the round -- without realizing how bad of shape the course was in.

Bad winters happen, I get it. But, to not warn you prior and to still charge full price is the aggravating part and the reason why I won't go back.

"NO DISCLOSURE OF REPAIRS"

elpaso21's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Love the layout and the staff. The price is not right for the number one fact the website does not disclose the current condition of the course as of MAY 18 2018.

Once I checked in, the Pro Shop disclosed that many collars around the greens were under repair. And there was still a handful of greens that still needed the re-sod patches to be installed. As a courtesy to us golfers, the website/tee time page should have an ADVISORY stating this. IF NOT, THEN AT LEAST PROVIDE AN ON-SITE DISCOUNT FOR THE SURPRISE @ check-in as a gesture of goodwill . For the rate they are charging, I would not play right now. Okay, with that said, I liked the layout very much. On account the course was soaked from 3 straight days of monsoon type rain, I did not play from the tips and lost a few golf balls in sand traps that were now brown muddy lakes. I completely understand draining the traps was not the upmost priority when mother nature makes things difficult. If I ever play here again, i will be sure to call about repair conditions.

Did score at 82 with 3 mulligans and one do over putt and 3 judgement calls with sand traps as i did not have time to hit the driving range before hand. My scorecard was a keeper with a few *** next to a couple of holes early on in the round.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience.

"ok shape"

Daniel3665506's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

course in ok shape, a lot of bare dirt and sod around greens, it kills your shot, cannot play out of it, edge is like a speed bump and will eject putt or chip, should of gotten discount to play, will not be back until fixed.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Daniel, on behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"One of my favorites in Williamsburg"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018

As a local, I've played all of the local public courses, and we keep going back to Kiskiack. It's challenging enough without beating you up too much. The layout mixes things up, and the conditions are consistently terrific.

The new upgrades to the outdoor patio make it a top pick for local outings, and you can always find some interesting local brews on tap at the bar.

The driving range is one of the best in the area.

Top it off with a friendly staff, and you just can't go wrong at Kiskiack.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate your kind review, recommendation, and 5-stars! Your feedback is truly valued by us as we are committed to providing our customers with a valuable customer experience. Thank you for choosing us, and we can't wait to welcome you back for another round soon!

"old favorite"

eman1148's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

we play this course several times a year ,good value ,,greens are usually very good, right now they are repairing a lot of winter damage , resoding the edge of the greens and plugging dead spots in the fairways. poanna is all over the greens but they putt just fine. place should be primo the first part of June.great place to play to boost your morale if you are playing bad..pace of play was very slow for a tuesday morning 5 plus hours but that is not the usual norm. usally can play in 31/2 to 4 hours,

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/17/2018:

On behalf of our staff, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as well as the 4-stars. Your comments will be shared and we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding some of our course maintenance as we prepare for a great golf season ahead. We can't wait to have you back at Kiskiack Golf Club again soon!

"Could be great"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

My only gripe about this course is course conditions, espeically the sand traps. They are @#$& at best. Lack of sand, poor drainage, collapsing walls and shortage of rakes. If you end up in one, better to remove. Pace of play can be turttle pace when busy. I’left on two occacions. I’ve Never seen a course marshall helping with speed of play. Pro shop staff always helpful, but seem limited in what their authorized to enforce. Lots of golf to choose from here, very competitive for players. Im going to play elsewhere until I hear of improvments.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. All of your comments will be shared with our staff but in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience.

""A Gem to Be Discovered""

donaldganderson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Kiskiack Golf Course is a beautiful course near Williamsburg VA. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The course is fair but challenging, especially to a "flat-lander" like me. The greens were superb. I didn't test the sand.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Hi Donald, we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a kind review, as well as the 4-stars. We hope you had a great first experience with us at Kiskaick Golf Club, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

"Needs maintenance"

maugsdorfer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

This could be a very good course, except that a) the greens need to be more consistent (too many weed grasses) and b) the areas around the greens need repair (many of them were bare dirt). Staff is very welcoming

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.<br/>

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Great course, play this course every time when visiting Williamsburg

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/23/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your dedication to playing at Kiskiack Golf Club during your visits to the area. We're glad we can provide you with a great golf experience, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

"Not up to par"

pcm3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

This course must have suffered winter damage. A lot of bad areas which are usually not there.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to have you back for an improved round soon! <br/>

"Needs work."

lluessen's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Course was not in good shape. Bermuda still dormant on fairways. Greens looked like something invasive was growing. Not enjoyable.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 3-star review. On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to have you back for a much better round soon!<br/>

"Course had a lot if winter wear"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

Many courses is this ares are showing wear from a rough winter. A lot of bare fairways and not so great greens. 2 months will mske a big difference.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 3-star review. On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, like many courses in the area, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to have you back for a much better round soon!<br/>

"Unfit to play"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Booked this round on GN hot deal for $37. I would rather have played elsewhere at full pop. This track was in such poor condition it was I cart path only. They used the term "so it would heal quicker". The starter tried to rush us off the driving range which really bothered us. We had just driven 11 hours from Canada and this was our first round and we just dropped $30 in the club house on lunch and paid for range balls and he wants us to tee off before our tee time. Then, when we collect at the starters house a 'member' sitting on the deck whistles at us like dogs to get out of the way of some opposing carts just coming off the course. Miserable start to say the least to an otherwise fantastic vacay in Williamsburg. The course was I'd say 60% either winter kill or dried out. Great layout - poor presentation.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your first experience did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be shared appropriately and we do apologize for any poor customer experience. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that our staff has been working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope we can welcome you back for a much better visit soon. <br/>

"Golfing day"

Beauzon's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Awsome. Layout, staff, pace. Good pro shop , good deals.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

We appreciate the 4-stars and great review! Thanks for leaving us with your feedback as we will be sure to share it with our staff. Visit Kiskiack Golf Club again soon!