Kiskiack Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Mark Houston Golf Academy"

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Championship 72 6775 yards 72.5 134
Back 72 6405 yards 70.8 131
Middle 72 5595 yards 67.1 123
Forward (W) 71 4902 yards 67.8 112

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Course had a lot if winter wear"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

Many courses is this ares are showing wear from a rough winter. A lot of bare fairways and not so great greens. 2 months will mske a big difference.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 3-star review. On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, like many courses in the area, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to have you back for a much better round soon!<br/>

Yonandcin's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/18/2018:

Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to leave us a review. We value any additional feedback on your recent experience with us so we may share it with our staff for improvements. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Kiskiack Golf Club for an improved round soon.

"This course is a great value!"

jtbrown1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

Challenging yet playable. Efficient friendly staff. Good bang for your buck!

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review and great feedback. We truly value your comments and hope you join us for another round at Kiskiack Golf Club soon!

"Great Time"

20YardsByU's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Always in good shape, though they have lost a few tee boxes. But you can adjust your tees as you go. Nice fun layout it’s short but if you play from the black or the tips you’ll be challenged. We played 36 as the replay is only 25 bucks. Recommend to play!!

"Fun layout"

20YardsByU's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Fun course. Always in great shape. Does play short but from the black tees or tips it’s a nice challenge. Only negative is a few tee boxes were gone. If you adjust your tees as you go though you can account for it. Recommend playing, Specially if you can get one of deals for 33-36 bucks.

"Great place to play when in the Richmond or Williamsburg VA area."

LouisRodrigues's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Greens, fairways and rough were all in excellent condition. The course layout is great, challenging yet fair. A super deal for the price.

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/13/2018:

Thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback, Louis! Come back to Kiskiack Golf Club for another round soon.

cookie60's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/13/2018:

Thanks for the 5-star review! Come back to Kiskiack Golf Club for another great round soon.<br/>

tantenna's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review! We truly value your review and hope you join us for another round at Kiskiack Golf Club soon!

"Very Nice Greens"

Bombtech6316's avatar
Virginia Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Kiskiack is an all around solid golf course. Booked through GolfNow with no issues. I can see where pace of play is an issue here as others have stated. Teed off at 718 as the fourth group out and the foursome in front of us easily fell over a hole behind within the first 3 holes. That caused a large wait and backup behind us. Teeing of this early should not push a round of golf passed the 4.5 hour mark but it did on this day. Never saw a Marshall come out to try and control this issue.

They have a complete practice area with grass driving range and covered mats for the winter. There is a large practice putting green.

The course was in solid shape from tee to green. There were very few spots in the fairways that were still suffering some winter kill. No issues with the tee boxes. The greens were running smooth, true and they were receptive to approach shots. Only issues with the greens are other golfers not fixing their ball marks but it is that way almost everywhere these days. There are four sets of tee boxes on the scorecard but they do offer a mixed set of blue/white tees to have something a little closer to 6,000 yards.

The course layout is not overly long but it is somewhat challenging. I played the Black Tees and it suited my game well. The Par 4's and 5's are not long but they use the natural slopes of the land, water and bunkering to force you to hit the appropriate shots throughout. The par 3's are very fair, either playing uphill/downhill or over water on the 11th from the Gold and Black Tees. I liked the mix of dog leg left and right throughout. Really enjoyed the 18th hole. Par 5 uphill that the tee shot is either all carry over water or play out safely to the right of the water. Truly a risk/reward decision hole.

There was a decent selection on the beverage cart of snacks and drinks. The clubhouse food was tasty and fairly priced. The pro shop had a good variety of items if you needed anything or wanted a memento. No GPS on the carts but they have yardage books in the pro shop. I used the GPS on my phone to see landing areas with no issues.

I recommend this course if you are in the Williamsburg, VA area. I would rate it currently at 4.75 out of 5 stars overall.

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review and taking the time to share your feedback with us. On behalf of our staff, we truly value your review as it will be shared appropriately for any course improvements, and we hope you join us for another round at Kiskiack Golf Club soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review! We truly value your review and hope you join us for another round at Kiskiack Golf Club soon.

grhvolv's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Kiskiack is an all time favorite course; I have played it many timesover the years and have always enjoyed the rounds.

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/13/2018:

Thanks for the 5-stars and dedication to playing our course! Come back to Kiskiack Golf Club for another great round soon.

"Beautiful Course"

jrobigolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

Kiskiack is a very visually appealing course and quite challenging as well. It was pretty busy for a Thursday and our round took 4:45. Greens were still healing from aeration but still putted quite well. Look forward to the next time we can play here.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 06/18/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. We hope you had a great first round with us, and we can't wait to welcome you back to Kiskiack Golf Club again soon!

"SLOW play"

Dandusko's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

5 and a quarter hours to play - ridiculous! Play was horribly slow.

For the most part - course was in good shape considering all the rain we have had.

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/03/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we are sorry to hear your recent round with us did meet your expectations regarding pace of play. Your comments will be shared with our staff for any improvements, but we invite you to reach out to us so we may address any specific concerns with you. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for an improved experience at Kiskiack Golf Club soon.<br/>

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018

It took 6 hours plus to play 18 holes in above 90 degree heat. The course is beautiful but the length of time required to play this course is ridiculous. For this reason I will not recommend this course nor will I play it again.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 06/06/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and are sorry to hear your first round with us was affected by a slow pace of play. As this has been a previous concern for us, we are very excited to say that we are getting ready to start our ranger program to help resolve this issue on the course moving forward. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us, and that this improvement will bring you back to the course again soon as we look forward to providing you with an even better golf experience.

"Terrific break from studying history"

BWSmith49's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

We were in the Colonial Willuamsburg area for a much needed vacation. There is a lot of information to absorb at the museums and historical sights. However, the brain needs a break from the intense history lesson from time to time. We found a great course nearby and booked on Golf Now. It was a terrific choice. We both enjoyed our time there. The conditions were great. The layout was fun and challenging. The people were very friendly. By the way, thanks Kenny (USMC) for your service. I wish that I was playing there again tomorrow.

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/03/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review and sharing your kind feedback with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us at Kiskiack Golf Club, and we look forward to having you back for another round soon!<br/>

"A Great Course"

Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This was the second time I've been to Kiskiack while in the area and it's becoming a little bit of a tradition to go there. My game was better this time than before even though it was pretty sloppy out there due to some rain the previous week.

I was called days ahead and told about the possible conditions we would face and I really appreciated that level of service.

Lord willing, I'll be going back again within the next year.

Response from #KiskiackGC on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review and great feedback! We truly value your review and hope you join us for another round at Kiskiack Golf Club soon.

richview506's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

The course was very nice they have had a lot of rain in the area and it was cart path only ,I expected that other than thar and the sand traps were all washed away it was a nice round

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/24/2018:

Hi Rich, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars. We appreciate your understanding regarding some of the recent weather conditions but are glad to hear you were still able to enjoy the day with us at Kiskiack Golf Club. We hope to have you back for an even better round soon!

"Course was wet"

uCXDO1834CX's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

Over all a pleasant experience...... players where very curtious

"Needs A lot of Work"

Josh3883273's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I played the course on May 18th. The course was very wet due to all the rain. The course handled the water well but the course was in terrible shape -- having nothing to do with the rain.

Pretty much every green collar had not grown in. Looks like had some sort of disease and the colors were either sand or loose sod. Some of the fairways were not in good shape either.

I played Kiskiack several years ago and it was tremendous. The layout is great. But, this time, it was in bad shape.

It was part of a golf trip. We had a group of 15. Had we been warned, we would not have played there -- maybe that is why they didn't warn us.

However, there was no offer of a discount or offer to buy a round of beers for the poor condition of the course. We were just told to stay off the collars prior to the round -- without realizing how bad of shape the course was in.

Bad winters happen, I get it. But, to not warn you prior and to still charge full price is the aggravating part and the reason why I won't go back.

"NO DISCLOSURE OF REPAIRS"

elpaso21's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Love the layout and the staff. The price is not right for the number one fact the website does not disclose the current condition of the course as of MAY 18 2018.

Once I checked in, the Pro Shop disclosed that many collars around the greens were under repair. And there was still a handful of greens that still needed the re-sod patches to be installed. As a courtesy to us golfers, the website/tee time page should have an ADVISORY stating this. IF NOT, THEN AT LEAST PROVIDE AN ON-SITE DISCOUNT FOR THE SURPRISE @ check-in as a gesture of goodwill . For the rate they are charging, I would not play right now. Okay, with that said, I liked the layout very much. On account the course was soaked from 3 straight days of monsoon type rain, I did not play from the tips and lost a few golf balls in sand traps that were now brown muddy lakes. I completely understand draining the traps was not the upmost priority when mother nature makes things difficult. If I ever play here again, i will be sure to call about repair conditions.

Did score at 82 with 3 mulligans and one do over putt and 3 judgement calls with sand traps as i did not have time to hit the driving range before hand. My scorecard was a keeper with a few *** next to a couple of holes early on in the round.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience.

"ok shape"

Daniel3665506's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

course in ok shape, a lot of bare dirt and sod around greens, it kills your shot, cannot play out of it, edge is like a speed bump and will eject putt or chip, should of gotten discount to play, will not be back until fixed.

Response from Kiskiack Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Daniel, on behalf of our staff at Kiskiack Golf Club, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent experience did not meet our usual expectations. Due to the harsh winter this year, we have experienced more winter kill than usual and are still in the process of recovering. However, please know that we are working diligently and anticipate course conditions to be back to our normal standards in the coming weeks, but we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Pro Shop for day-to-day conditions or to address any further concerns as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.