North at Boulders Golf Club & Resort

Type Resort/Semi-Private
Nestled among 12-million-year-old boulders in the scenic desert foothills near Scottsdale, Arizona, Boulders Golf Club & Resort is one of the country's most prestigious resort destinations. The North golf course at Boulders plays big brother to the South Course, and offers bentgrass and marvelous views of the Black Mountain, as the course winds through the community of Boulders. Both golf courses spring from the desert foothills and feature take-your-breath-away panoramic vistas -- among those of spectacular formations of boulders, stunning Sonora sunsets and indigenous terrain.
The Boulders Golf Club
Blue/White 72 6489 yards 71.1 134
White/Copper 72 6003 yards 69.0 126
Copper (W) 72 5864 yards 73.5 135
Cooper 72 5864 yards 68.3 123
Scorecard for North
Blue M: 72.6/137 513 195 548 404 425 142 347 356 347 3277 451 445 525 404 183 483 424 195 424 3534 6811
Blue/White M: 71.1/134 481 150 517 404 400 142 347 356 347 3144 425 395 479 404 183 483 357 195 424 3345 6489
White M: 70.1/131 481 150 517 375 400 133 338 350 347 3091 425 395 479 375 127 468 357 176 400 3202 6293
Copper M: 68.3/124 412 143 473 364 375 118 320 330 340 2875 403 365 438 370 122 458 324 145 379 3004 5879
Gold M: 71.1/126 W: 71.1/123 412 125 465 329 317 118 294 300 340 2700 400 310 378 272 80 340 255 110 352 2497 5197
Red W: 68.5/115 331 120 415 323 317 93 294 252 258 2403 400 310 378 272 80 340 255 110 352 2497 4900

Year Built 1985
Architect Jay Morrish (1985) Wadsworth Golf Construction (1983)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Very good resort course

Cart path only but course was in surprisingly good shape considering recent overseed and heavy rains. Should be amazing by November 1st. Staff were very personable and helpful. Definite recommendation.

best desert experience

The Boulders separates itself from the crowd of desert golf venues first by the sheer magic of its surroundings. Mature desert vegetation, birds and animals of all kinds, and of course the understated grandeur of the eponymous "boulders" themselves add up to a desert outing that is worth a trip from anywhere. Add to this a top notch golf course in perfect condition, challenging to the expert yet fair to the average player, winding its way through the magical landscape like an emerald sea and you have the Boulders, a golf experience like no other!

Top Notch Service and Excellent Course

So happy to have played here. There was a small self inflicted hiccup with my 4 someone and our reservation however Zack/ Zach was very accommodating. He took care of us in a very fair and professional way. All 4 of us will be returning. Thanks again to the staff!

Expense way out of line for poor conditions

16 of us drove from the the west valley to to play a “premium” course during our annual golf week. We we’re greeted by a closed driving range which wasn’t explained to me when when i set up the times several weeks ago. Chad was very dismissive of my questions about policy notifying customers about such inconveniences.

Our $139 greens fees gave us play on many bare spots in fairways and muddy areas as well. The greens were soft and furry enough to show footprints throughout. In the second cut around many greens, there were large tufts of foreign grass which interferred with chip shots.

The outdoor temps were around 105 and the water stations were extremely hard to find. One of our players had to be taken off the course because of dehydration which was exacerbated by that inability to find the water on a regular basis. The player was treated well and felt much better at the end of the day but the problem could have been avoided with simple signage. Another signage issue was with tee markers. We often had to get off the carts to look for the markers to determine where to play.

Bottom line is that in years past, this course deserved the cost it now charges. With the current conditions, however, the fees should be fully $100 less. As group leader, I was embarrassed to have to make my guys pay what they did for this course. Fortunately, all the other courses around the Valley that we played we’re much better and much less expensive. We won’t be returning to The Boulders.

Just OK

For the money, the course was not in great shape. Fairways not consistent with many thin areas. Play was slow and there was no marshal in sight. We had a reduced price through the net, but the normal rate to play this course was way to steep. Staff was pleasant but not overly friendly.

Soft, Soft Greens

Beautiful setting. The greens were the softest I've ever played in Arizona. Guaranteed ball mark for any well struck iron shot. Rolled true and fast. The staff were all relaxed and friendly

Nice but could be better

Course was great, in fantastic shape! The only thing that could be improved upon is the beverage cart was never around, we played the South course and never saw her, finally on the 8th hole we called to have her come to us and she did 20 mins later. We asked if we would see her again and she said Yes, We Never did!!! 102 degrees out lots of golfers on the course and no beverage cart. We were not very impressed.

Beautiful course

South course scenery was beautiful. The greens were very niice but a little tricky if you did not hit the hole with some speed. The fairways were awful but you could find good grass by moving it a few club lengths. If you are not a purist then you want to play here because the layout and scenery is worth the trip.

Where to play in August in Scottsdale

Course was in excellent condition for August. Tee time was 10:40 and we were off a few minutes early. Just a wonderful experience.

Can’t wait to play it again

I’ve been wanting to play this course for many years. We finally got around to it as an anniversary celebration. The course is challenging. The course is in great shape, enduring sizzling hot Arizona summer weather. Greens are in excellent condition and not overly undulating. I’m ready to make my next tee time!

Staff is excellent

This is a resort course. The staff here is excellent. Every staff member I spoke to was happy, friendly and helpful. They treat you right here. I played the North course. 10-18, then 1-9. The greens were in good shape. Some of the fairways are still in transition and were a little thin. I got grouped with a twosome who donated a large amount of balls to the desert areas. Very scenic views near the rocks or towards the hills.

North did not match with South

Had high expectations, and course conditions filled them. Honestly waited a bit more from course layout. Played South on our previous Phoenix trip, and liked that more.

I should have used scoresaver a bit more.

Arizona Advisor

Boulders North

Have now played the North course 3 times and it has always been very enjoyable. Course is in great shape from tee to green with greens being smooth and medium fast. Staff was very accommodating as the got me and another gentleman off before a group of 12 was to tee off. Nice facilities with a great pro shop. Got a great deal on Golf Now.

Excellent experience at the Boulders

Played the South course yesterday for the first time. What a great golf course! The layout is excellent and the greens were in immaculate shape! You cannot find better greens in the summer months in the Phoenix area! Staff and practice area were great as well. Will definitely be coming back!

Good value yet challenging enough

Always enjoy the Boulders, be it the North or South course

Despite extremely hot weather they were enough water stations with Ice

Pace of play overall good, were let through twice by twosomes as we were also a twosome.

Just OK

Greens are good fairways were average nothing memorable about any of the holes except for large boulders. Played the back nine of the north and the front of the south the south seemed better. Not really anything special to draw me back.

Wow!

What a beautiful course. Great holes, great challenge and great views.

The condition was excellent.

A must for any golfer to play here

Starter major mistake!!!

Starter forgot to give us a map of the course, and we didn’t have a clue which way the fairway went after our tee shots on several of the holes !!!!. Cost me at least 3 strokes

Carefree, Arizona