Type Public/Resort
Style Traditional

If you come to Arizona to play desert golf, forget about Ocotillo. Ocotillo is a refreshing change of pace from most of the Valley's courses precisely because it isn't surrounded by desert.

The White Course is the most unique of the three. It has only one par 5, and the water is a factor on just five of the holes. But it also has the best hole on the property -- the 479-yard, par-4 ninth, which used to be an easy par 5 but is now a treacherous finishing touch.

The Gold nine is a devilish test and not just because water comes into play on six of the holes. The greens have a lot of slope in them and are difficult to read. And some pin placements are brutal; hit a downhill putt two feet past the
hole, and it might roll down into a swale and 30 feet by. Uphill putts, on the other hand, are extremely difficult to get to the hole, if for no other reason than Ocotillo's greens aren't as fast as some of the Valley's marquee desert courses.

Ocotillo Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1986)

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Arizona (2014 #13)

Playing Multiple Courses 82

No value for price

I have played this coarse pre and post pandemic. Same poor conditions. Nice club house, views of homes and water features. Coarse and amenities not worth the price, ground conditions are some the worst I have seen. Most likely will not play here again.

Water

Water on ever hole, Over blind hills and around blind doglegs. No course map available, not really worth playing compared to the other courses in the valley. There’s a difference between a challenging course and this ridiculous setup.

Ocotillo Golf

Layout is very nice; if you are comfortable playing with water hazards on almost every hole, you are good as it is not very difficult. The fair way condition is another matter as many holes have raw patches around the green. For this price, I would go elsewhere until ground condition improves significantly. Finally pace of play was slow even on mid Friday morning.

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT

I have played Ocotillo many times thru the years and for what we paid was way overpriced for the condition of this golf course. I took a friend who never played it before and hyped it up quite a bit and once we got playing and seen the condition I was quite shocked and disappointed especially on the Gold course. Then the grille had 2 choices for sandwiches a hot dog, a ham or turkey sandwich ….we both got turkey and it looked like something you get at Circle K EXCEPT FOR THE 16.00 PRICE. IT WILL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE I SPEND MY MONEY THERE AGAIN

What happened

My friends and I used to play here all the time and never had any issues with conditions of course and service in grill. Something has changed and I realize its June so I will give the course condition a pass but the service and menu options in the grill are non existent. The server stood behind the bar on her phone the whole time and seemed to be ok with that. The menu consisted of a few over priced sandwiches and hot dog. I realize the management company focuses their efforts on banquets and wedding but they may as well put a self service cooler in the grill because it would provide better service and cost less on labor!

Bad review

Trying to figure out why my review last week didn't show up? But others have. This course is not worth the posted money. Beware.

Good course

The course was in good shape. The greens rolled nicely. There is a lot of water in play throughout the course so accuracy is paramount. I was a bit disappointed that there was a junior tournament in progress but I didn’t see that advertised when booking my round. This made things pretty congested at the start even though the tournament utilized a different course. Also, the beverage cart service was really not happening. We saw her once during our entire round. Overall, a pretty course and in good shape.

I should have stayed home

Course was going thru grass season changes and it didn’t help that I played like shi@ I should have stayed home that day

Great courses

I played all three nines and they are all awesome, the course is in great condition for this time of year and I will be back many more times, super nice and helpful beverage lady

Best in the East Valley

I have played a ton of golf lately. Trilogy, Lone Tree, Bear Creek, Superstition and Kokopelli - this course is heads up all of them. Great layout, chipping and putting green, good range, awesome cart girl, good staff, and beautiful green well cared for holes. Loved it.

Great golf course

Personnel where friendly and professional. The course is in excellent condition. We played in 3.5 hours. Great day.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ocotillo Golf Club - Blue/White!

Good time

Had a good time, head scratcher as to why we had 2 singles and a twosome right behind us. As we were a foursome seemed like we were pulling over to let someone play through every other hole for the first 5 holes.

Canadian golfer

Course was in really good shape, tee boxes, fairways and sand traps where great, greens had some dead patches but didn’t effect the roll on the ball! I was happy with course and would definitely play there again thanks

We had a good time

The course was in good condition. The cart girl was great. Have always like this place. We will be going back

In need of attitude adjustment

I love this course. Love the layout. I live on the course. I am an Oasis card holder. But after defending it for years I have to say it. Aside from the food and beverage service staff, and the guys at the bag drop, the attitude around here needs help. In the pro shop that attitude varies from arrogant, to downright grumpy (yesterday afternoon). They are doing nothing to make a customer feel special. It saddens me to say, but yesterday, after playing here together dozens and dozens and dozens of times, my wife said she didn’t want to play here any more.

Please fix this Ocotillo!

Public/Resort