Style Desert

SunRidge Canyon Golf Club provides adventure amid natural terrain over 6,823 yards of par-71 golf. The golf course was laid out by the golf course architect Keith Foster, who hid the golf course in the ridges and canyons of the foothills of the McDowell Mountains, one of the last untouched bastions of the Southwestern United States.

The SunRidge Canyon Golf Club's signature hole is the 17th, and it is unique, giving golfers the option of shooting a 209-yard, par 3 over a box canyon today and then going for a 152-yard par 3 from an elevated tee tomorrow. Foster discovered the elevated-tee opportunity during a tour of the golf course while it was being constructed and added the Canyon set of tees right then. The vistas he knew golfers would get were enough to convince Foster to set up the second set of tees.

After a round of golf at the SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, head back to the Ridge Room, which attracts visitors and locals for the great view and Southwestern cuisine.

SunRidge Canyon Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Greens Champion ultradwarf Bermudagrass
Architect Keith Foster (1995)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 32

Poor conditions

Burnt up fairways and rough ! Nothing to hit off of , bring a turf mat !

Fun round

Staff was friendly and helpful. Happy to have beverage cooler on golf cart. Only saw beverage cart once on each nine. Ladies bathroom was locked so had to use men's but it was clean.

Great design

Burnt grass or no grass all over course , slow greens and pro shop staff that couldn’t care less of issues . GM called me after I complained to Staff then I send a email to voice my concerns. GM blames me for not properly addressing his Staff or course issues ! Don’t waste your time or money to be treated like I was , I guess I should be happy we played in unsatisfactory conditions and not voice my displeasure of course issues !

A target golf course

The course was in great shape except greens a Little slow.

BE AWARE THEY CHARGE AND EXTRA $6.00/GOLFER RECLAIMED WATER FEE!!!!

So awesome

Super lucky to be able play to play by myself. Course is spectacular in all categories. Great fairways, great greens,..if you miss, well your fault. Fantastic views, fantastic course! Don't hesitate to play here!! I'm coming back, I think it owes me a cpl.

Great course in Fountain Hills

Great course, fun holes, many with elevation changes, and challenging. Course conditions are always very good to excellent. Price for what you get can’t be beat. Staff is always super friendly. Would highly recommend.

Nice Course but Scott in the pro shop is rude and arrogant....he lost one good customer with his negativity and lack if a customer service skill

The course scenery is beautiful and the conditions are better than average. Pace of play is slow but is a beautiful place. The restaurant has great food and I spent a lot of money there! I will miss it.

Marcus, Brandy and the the golf club attendants and wait staff Are good people. And I wish them the best.

I was a member and joined with excitement and anticipation of playing a lot of golf, making some new friends and enjoying some relaxing and fun Golf. I signed my son up on Friday the 28th and paid in full to join me as a member and set a tee time for Sunday March 1 anticipating an amazing day of golf and a dinner to follow! I went to check in with my Son on Sunday and was told by Scott, not only was he not welcome but they are not accepting any new members and his membership was revoked and would be refunded! Oh and if he wanted to play he needed to pay the full price.

I was in shock! I can understand how his name might not be in the books yet but to create such a negative environment with a full paying member is totally unacceptable to me. He could have simply let us play and we could have figured out the details sometime during this week. I choose not to be treated like some lying idiot for trying to play golf with my son on a beautiful Sunday.

This sounds like drama and a vent which partially it is but the drama and loss of a customer is all due to Scott’s approach in handling this situation.

I want Sun Ridge management and ownership to understand that poor customer service will lead to poor reviews and poor word of mouth. I belong to a major men’s league that plays at lookout mountain, we were looking for a course to try one month and I WAS going to work a deal with Sun Ridge Canyon...no more...oh and do you think any of the 80 members of my men’s league are going to ever play sun ridge canyon, no way!

I have many friends who play goals regularly and have never been to Sun ridge...needless to say they will never play there now...

I have a PGA and LPGA Golf pro who are my friends and live in my neighborhood. Needless to say , we will not be singing the praises of Sun Ridge Canyon...I am sorry but with the supply ru nice Golf courses in the Scottsdale area, I am choosing to find another place to play. I am a member at Golf a tech and they will also hear about the treatment received at Sun Ridge.

I suggest if you are looking for a place to play, there are better options for you to spend your time and money....
If you do play Sunridge to be fair, it is beautiful and they have good food. For me, I prefer places that make you feel like a valued customer and welcome.

Thanks for listening!

Interesting layout , declining conditions

We play Sun Ridge canyon once per year. We were disappointed in the declining conditions of the course versus past seasons. The greens were not in the best of shape ( could see all the remnants of the old holes), the tees were overgrown, and the desert washes were unkempt. It looks like the course has funding issues.

A few tough holes

Great staff, good selection of pro shop merchandise. Few difficult holes with target shooting. Interesting and fun!

Sunny Sunday on SunRidge

Beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon on SunRidge golf course with very good pace of play. Golf course in great shape although greens were bumpy. As advertised a challenging final 6 holes. Staff were friendly. We will definitely play here again.

Quebec Advisor

A must play in Fountain Hills

SunRidge has a fantastic layout set in an actual canyon, with spectacular views. Nearby houses are setup higher on the mountain flanks, meaning even errant shots won't reach them.

Course conditions were great and the setting itself is very peaceful. The sandtraps looked like they were undergoing a transformation with grass setup on the sides; they still had great sand and were playable, so that did not deter us from having a good time at all.

Some minor gripes: no ball washers to be found anywhere, and the back 9 could use a few more elevated teeboxes so the uphill layout feels less daunting and... prettier.

Green fee rates seem to vary a lot, if you find it under $100, it's a great bang for your buck.

To top it all off, when you're almost done, you'll be rewarded with perhaps the best golf hole view in the valley on #17, riding a spectacular land bridge on your way to the green.

All in all, an absolute must-play!

Fun course with friendly, helpful staff

Wicked bar and grill servers should pay attention when folks enter and also double check the orders or accuracy prior to bringing them to the table. Food quality could be improved.

would play again

very enjoyable . played with my wife . we were a twosome following a foursome, somewhat slow but not too bad . 4.5 hour round . given the course is fairly challenging it was expected . great service right from the start and the course was in excellent shape.

Challenging

Good golf course. Many opportunities for par or birdie, but plenty of holes where you can make a big number. Need to be careful!

Great course...a wonderful secret in the desert

I played and it was fantastic. Some good risk vs reward holes. Beautiful scenery, staff is fantastic.
Pace of play is ok. If you play in afternoon the sun is in your eyes on some of the back nine. Not a bad problem to have, too much sun. Greens are fast, some are a bit bumpy only because it is early in season and have been sanded.
Bunkers are in great condition with lots of fresh sand and pot belly so they are tough.

Lots of difficult lies in the fairway with uphill and down hill ball strikes which adds to the challenge. This
Is not a resort course but a real combination between a traditional desert and links style corse.

It is a wonderful experience and I recommend it. Ohm on weekends they have live music too! So plan to stay for the 19th hole...

Great value

We had a beautiful day at Sunridge. Clubhouse and staff were great. Course was in very good conditions with the greens rolling fast and true. The course is scenic with lots of desert trouble. The last 6 holes are the toughest and most scenic.

Late October afternoon golf

Great service from bag drop to departure! Ice cold water in coolers for you, golf range with unlimited balls, Marshal was informative and friendly Lots of water and washrooms on course. Views... words and pictures do not do justice. Had supper on patio after. Food was great. Had the shrimp pasta and burger and all were fantastic.

Pace of play was great. felt like we had the whole course to ourselves. Well groomed and greens were receptive. It was cart path only but still worth the play. Can’t wait to return!

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020