Style Desert

Designed by Scott Miller, this course is located in the southeastern foothills of the McDowell Mountains and is an innovative departure from the “target” style courses constructed in the desert in the recent past. Its layout takes advantage of a variety of land features: rolling hills, ridgelines, lush valley and washes, with a backdrop of prominent mountain outcroppings. In many instances, long extended views into untouched desert landscapes and area landmarks, such as Camelback Mountain, will be afforded. It is a strategic design, which asks the player to make choices relative to skill level.

Eagle Mountain Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Greens TIffDwarf Grass
Architect Scott Miller

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Eagle Mountain Golf Academy"

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

J. Bourne

played this course for the first time and I was very impressed with every hole. The course is in good condition considering the weather and challenging. I will definitely be back soon

Very hilly, but forgiving. Great condition this time of year. Excellent staff and good attention to pace of play. Will definitely be back.

Beautiful Course

This was my first time playing this course and it amazingly beautiful. The views from the tee's is why you want to play here. Every hole is a signature hole, the views are spectacular and the course is challenging yet plays fair as long as you keep it in the fairway. Make this your next choice to play, you won't regret it!

Great time on the course

The fairways were pretty well taken care of and in good condition, This time of year it is hard to have them pristine. Greens were pretty consistent and rolling (I am guessing) around a 9.5 to 10 and holding approach shots well. The practice range tee area was not a good indication of the fairways (hint they needed to move the tee boxes). Always enjoy Eagle MT. Nice place to play in the summer. It is out of my price range in the winter.

Summertime!

Course was in fair condition. Fairways were watered nicely in early AM to hold up for early afternoon play. Greens held up to fast pace, sanded lightly.
Marshall Dan was on a bender about pace of play. 10 minutes in front of time for pace thru 6 holes, group was 1 hole behind and nobody in front for 3 holes... speed up was not called for on a 110 degree day at noon.
Enjoyed round with friends and Cat beverage cart ladie was spot on for 3 visits during 18 holes.

Rotten customer service

I couldn’t wear a mask due to health reasons. Cashier jumped all over me. These people are rude and insensitive. Will never go back.

Commented on 07/26/2020

You have no health reason not to wear a mask. There isnt one. I have asthma, a lung disease, a different pulmonary disease, and an immune deficiency, and I wear one with no issues whatsoever.

Darren

I found this course to be challenging off the tips my only drawback was the slow greens couldn’t get accurate putting speed other wise I would definitely recommend this course to play for every one.

Love this place

This was my second time out, and I think it’s my new “go to” course. Can’t wait to go again....

Excellent course/ Difficult greens

Eagle Mtn is a tremendous layout. If you like plenty of elevation changes, lots of bunkering around the greens and beautiful vistas, this is the place for you! It appears like they have kept the course very well watered. Fairly generous off the tees but challenging second shots to huge, highly contoured greens that are in excellent shape.
My only beef was that the range was closed today so zero warm-up except for the putting green.
I’ll most likely be back

Great Experience!

From check in, pro shop to starter a seamless smooth transition. Course is in excellent condition.

A+ All Around

AMAZING course. 1-18. Great layout. Extremely friendly on the fairways. Tough but fun greens. Staff was very friendly. I never leave reviews. But for this course, I had to. Play this course. You won’t be disappointed!

Excellent Value for Summer

Have played the course the past two Sundays. Course in very good condition. Pace of play is 4 hours. Greens roll true and sand bottles are now back on the carts. Dan the starter is a pro! Very friendly and helpful. Range, chipping area and practice green also in excellent condition. Cart gal comes by 3 times per round. Can’t beat it for under $60.

Solid course but that marshal...

Our 4-some overall enjoyed this challenging layout with nice views of the valley and surrounding terrain. At the turn, we were 15 minutes AHEAD of our projected time and going into the 12th, we were still well ahead of our projected pace. We even said how nice it was that no group was behind us since we feed off and the group ahead was moving pretty good as well. After the 13th, we picked up snake and drinks from the cart girl and made our way to the 14th where the marshal was waiting. After one of our guys hit his driver, the marshal said something like “pick up the pace” passive-aggressively as he drove away. We all looked at each other in disbelief and one of our guys told him “sir, we’re actually on pace and actually just bought snacks and drinks”. We were thinking he’d say “enjoy the rest of your round” but instead got poked. There was no group behind pushing us! We tried to get past this and finished our round, each of us thinking to ourselves how unprofessional the marshal was. I don’t know if he was just having a bad day. We all have bad days. Don’t take it out on the players. One of our guys went in after the round to share what happened but the dudes behind the cash register dismissed him like he’s some schmuck. It had been 8 years since I last played here and probably will be another 8 next time I play. We get more respect from the local munis.

Commented on 06/21/2020

To the guy who responded to my review who says he’s not affiliated with the course but then later says he taught us a lesson about pace of play because we’re “ignorant”...you got to be kidding! We were 15-20 minutes ahead of pace; the group ahead was still on the tee box when we were finishing up 13 and went to buy drinks and snacks from the cart girl. When we got on the tee box, the group ahead were just getting on the green. Thanks but no thanks for the tip.

Commented on 06/21/2020

Ok so I am not affiliated with the club in ANY WAY AT ALL. When you play golf it is your job to keep up with the group in front of you. That is all that matters on a Sunday with a busy tee sheet as it has been EVERYWHERE lately. If everyone paid attention to the group behind them all day? The pace would progressively get slower and slower with each Group that falls behind if they were only concerned with groups behind them.
So I took my time to respectfully teach you and your playing partners a little lesson which is never easy to deliver with diplomacy because your ignorant. And that’s ok we are all ignorant at times.
The Ranger sounds as if his delivery was poor, but it’s not an easy job. Keep up with group in front of you. This is your pace setter.

VTB

Nice Round

Course was in great shape. Pace was a little slow but it was a holiday. My shoelace broke right as we were going out and even though they didn’t sell laces, the course manager pulled his out of his shoes for me. We’d recommend to anyone and we’ll be back.

On the must play again list

Fantastic layout and well worth the price of admission!

Public/Resort