Style Desert

Designed by Scott Miller, this course is located in the southeastern foothills of the McDowell Mountains and is an innovative departure from the “target” style courses constructed in the desert in the recent past. Its layout takes advantage of a variety of land features: rolling hills, ridgelines, lush valley and washes, with a backdrop of prominent mountain outcroppings. In many instances, long extended views into untouched desert landscapes and area landmarks, such as Camelback Mountain, will be afforded. It is a strategic design, which asks the player to make choices relative to skill level.

Eagle Mountain Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Greens TIffDwarf Grass
Architect Scott Miller

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Eagle Mountain Golf Academy"

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Love this place

This was my second time out, and I think it’s my new “go to” course. Can’t wait to go again....

Excellent course/ Difficult greens

Eagle Mtn is a tremendous layout. If you like plenty of elevation changes, lots of bunkering around the greens and beautiful vistas, this is the place for you! It appears like they have kept the course very well watered. Fairly generous off the tees but challenging second shots to huge, highly contoured greens that are in excellent shape.
My only beef was that the range was closed today so zero warm-up except for the putting green.
I’ll most likely be back

Great Experience!

From check in, pro shop to starter a seamless smooth transition. Course is in excellent condition.

A+ All Around

AMAZING course. 1-18. Great layout. Extremely friendly on the fairways. Tough but fun greens. Staff was very friendly. I never leave reviews. But for this course, I had to. Play this course. You won’t be disappointed!

Excellent Value for Summer

Have played the course the past two Sundays. Course in very good condition. Pace of play is 4 hours. Greens roll true and sand bottles are now back on the carts. Dan the starter is a pro! Very friendly and helpful. Range, chipping area and practice green also in excellent condition. Cart gal comes by 3 times per round. Can’t beat it for under $60.

Solid course but that marshal...

Our 4-some overall enjoyed this challenging layout with nice views of the valley and surrounding terrain. At the turn, we were 15 minutes AHEAD of our projected time and going into the 12th, we were still well ahead of our projected pace. We even said how nice it was that no group was behind us since we feed off and the group ahead was moving pretty good as well. After the 13th, we picked up snake and drinks from the cart girl and made our way to the 14th where the marshal was waiting. After one of our guys hit his driver, the marshal said something like “pick up the pace” passive-aggressively as he drove away. We all looked at each other in disbelief and one of our guys told him “sir, we’re actually on pace and actually just bought snacks and drinks”. We were thinking he’d say “enjoy the rest of your round” but instead got poked. There was no group behind pushing us! We tried to get past this and finished our round, each of us thinking to ourselves how unprofessional the marshal was. I don’t know if he was just having a bad day. We all have bad days. Don’t take it out on the players. One of our guys went in after the round to share what happened but the dudes behind the cash register dismissed him like he’s some schmuck. It had been 8 years since I last played here and probably will be another 8 next time I play. We get more respect from the local munis.

Commented on 06/21/2020

To the guy who responded to my review who says he’s not affiliated with the course but then later says he taught us a lesson about pace of play because we’re “ignorant”...you got to be kidding! We were 15-20 minutes ahead of pace; the group ahead was still on the tee box when we were finishing up 13 and went to buy drinks and snacks from the cart girl. When we got on the tee box, the group ahead were just getting on the green. Thanks but no thanks for the tip.

Commented on 06/21/2020

Ok so I am not affiliated with the club in ANY WAY AT ALL. When you play golf it is your job to keep up with the group in front of you. That is all that matters on a Sunday with a busy tee sheet as it has been EVERYWHERE lately. If everyone paid attention to the group behind them all day? The pace would progressively get slower and slower with each Group that falls behind if they were only concerned with groups behind them.
So I took my time to respectfully teach you and your playing partners a little lesson which is never easy to deliver with diplomacy because your ignorant. And that’s ok we are all ignorant at times.
The Ranger sounds as if his delivery was poor, but it’s not an easy job. Keep up with group in front of you. This is your pace setter.

VTB

Nice Round

Course was in great shape. Pace was a little slow but it was a holiday. My shoelace broke right as we were going out and even though they didn’t sell laces, the course manager pulled his out of his shoes for me. We’d recommend to anyone and we’ll be back.

On the must play again list

Fantastic layout and well worth the price of admission!

One of the best in metro PHX

Excellent design, very good conditions, incredible views

Fantastic Golf Club

I have played alot of golf places and Eagle Mountains layout and staff is fantastic. Great warm up range and chipping area. Elevation and tiered greens were fun to play. This course came well recommend and it held up to its promise. Thank you for having me!

Eagle Mountain

First time playing here s d the course layout was incredible and the views were spectacular! I would recommend this course is a must play in the scottsdale area !

Great Golf Course

This is one of my favorite layouts in all of the Phoenix / Scottsdale area! Staff is always great and I highly recommend!

Eagle Mountain Good Track

Played eagle mountain on day 2 of a 4 day trip in the east valley. The course was in good shape, not excellent, but good. Greens rolled smooth and fairways and tee boxes were in nice shape. Lots of elevation changes on this course with some amazing views. I would easily recommend this course a must play in the east valley.

One of my favorite courses in AZ

Course was in perfect condition. Played another 9 we liked it so much. Staff was great and friendly. Course played tough and was unique throughout with some challenging bunkers. Scenery was beautiful. We’ll be back

Great course with beautiful views

Had a great time playing this course. Definitely one of my new favorite courses, was in pretty good shape for summer time.

Really Nice!

Awesome layout, great views, challenging but not aggressive. It’s dry and a little brown in some spots but it’s June in Arizona. For $44 it was well worth it.

Public/Resort