Legend at Arrowhead, The

Located in the west valley, the Legend at Arrowhead Golf Club is an Arnold Palmer/Ed Seay-designed golf course with a traditional layout. The challenging course has six lakes creating water hazards on many of the holes and several doglegs. The difficult to read greens are undulating and in excellent condition. Each hole, except for one, has bunkering on the fairways or protecting the greens. Legend at Arrowhead Golf Club's signature hole is the par-4, 426-yard fifth hole. It calls for a shot off an elevated tee with water running along the right side of the fairway as well as next to the green.
The Legend at Arrowhead Golf Course
Palmer/Green 72 7005 yards 73.1 131
Back/Yellow 72 6509 yards 70.7 125
Middle/Black 72 6013 yards 68.4 117
Forward/Silver (W) 72 5233 yards 70.1 120
Scorecard for The Legend at Arrowhead
Palmer M: 73.1/131 396 511 429 161 431 529 392 206 413 3468 552 398 414 441 185 441 169 407 530 3537 7005
Back M: 70.7/125 W: 74.1/125 371 476 393 143 401 507 361 197 390 3239 517 352 399 418 162 405 153 370 494 3270 6509
Middle M: 68.4/117 W: 74.6/130 330 452 359 124 382 457 337 168 373 2982 487 321 370 388 148 362 139 346 470 3031 6013
Forward M: 64.3/108 W: 70.5/120 298 415 337 109 312 387 286 138 317 2599 414 280 323 340 126 338 112 297 404 2634 5233

Year Built 1986
Fairways Bermuda/Rye Grass
Greens Bermuda/Rye Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1986) Ed Seay (1986)

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Legend Golf Academy"

Bunkers require sand

The par 3’s really need some softer sand to make the course playable and respectable.

Conditions are soft...

First time I have played this course where the pace was great. Did not have to contend with cart paths only navigation. Very disappointed with fellow golfers because of all the fairway divots and ball marks on the greens. Just about every time I filled in my divot, I also filled in 2 or 3 that were around it. The same was true on the greens, lots of unfixed ball marks. One item regarding their equipment, the sand fill bottle on the cart was placed at the back of the cart near the overhang of the roof. Pulling the bottle out, I often banged my hand, very annoying. It would be nice if they upgraded their carts....

Cart Path Only for a good reason

Yes there is lots of water at the Legend and with their overseed in full swing.....there is lots on the course itself and the traps...and you get the idea. And the geese love all this wetness and new growth so they are eating and fertilizing. Anyway, if you get the right price then this is tolerable. We golfed 6 holes in 1 hour and then spend 3 hours on the next 12....too bad.

Slow play

Overbooked due to Golf now computer problem booking 8 tee times at 11:00ish plus tournament played at 8:00 am during overseed cart path only. Three groups on ever hole and could not finish the round.

Looking forward to Next round.

The course is being over seeded so fairways and greens are a little rough at the moment. Cart path only slowed things down a little but not bad. Enjoyed the course. Looking forward to a round when the over seeding is complete and course is groomed properly. I will definitely play this course again.

Really Nice Course, Pace or Play is an issue

This is my second time playing the course and the course itself has been nice both times. It has some dead patches of grass but for this time of year that is normal and it is in better shape than most.

Both times I have played I have had the same issue, pace of play. I teed off as a 4some the first time, no one on hole 1 in front of us that we could see. By the 5th we were standing on the tee box waiting for the group in front of us to even tee off. That group picked up a 5th person at the turn and didn’t get their group broken up until the 17th hole. Turned it into a 5 hour round.

2nd time I teed off on my own with a 3 some ahead of me but no one ahead of them. I caught them on 2 where they lost a club, parked their carts in the fairway and started walking around looking for it, drove back to the tee box with 1 cart and 1 person still in the middle of the fairway looking back waiting. Course Marshall drove right by them and said nothing. Front 9 took 2.5 hours as they kept parking their carts together and walking 3 different directions to their balls. They finally let me pass them at the turn but again no help from the staff out on the course.

Great Sunday round with friends!

Sunday check-in was a breeze. Friendly pro shop staff and starter. Before the round hit balls and got a sandwich in the restaurant, (A plus service and very nice). Teed off at 835 am no wait! There was a couple of groups in front but we finished in 4.5 hours! That is a great pace, 5 stars. Saw the cart lady 4-6 times, very nice! Greens are perfect rolling fast and firm. Course is in great shape. Enjoyed the day! Thank you. Underrated layout and great value!

Great design, but course needs some work

I have always enjoyed playing this course. The layout is fun and challenging. I was told as I checked in that they were punching the fairways (which should have been noted on Golf Now at the time I made the reservation). The fairways were also wet and you got very little roll. The greens were inconsistent. Most of the greens were very good (and fast), but a few were extremely bumpy. I don't like the sand traps at this course, but fortunately I was able to avoid them on this day. I hope the fairways recover well from being punched. There were too many bare spots in the fairways. I played as a single in about 3 hours (only having to play through one group in front of me).

HOT

Golfed with a great couple great day cooler would have been better

Up to play

Lots of sand traps and water had a great day playing again

Good course, good price

Despite the higher slope rating on this course, every time I go here I have lots of fun and I don't think of the course as particularly difficult, probably because it's just well designed. Pair that with the low summer rates and this has become my summer 'home course'.

Most fairways here in Phoenix get a little patchy this time of year, though I think this grounds team does an adequate job keeping it playable. Depending on the week the rough can get a little wild. I've lost a few balls to the weeds just off the fairway, and with the heat I often opt to just drop instead of trying to search for the ball if I can't find it in a couple minutes. The bunkers tend to get 'crusty', but that's what happens when sand gets watered then baked. Greens are usually in pretty good condition and play fast.

Maybe decent

Pace of play was ok because coarse was empty. This coarse is becoming the new Villa De Paz. I know it's hot outside but the coarse is deteriorating. It's really to bad.

GGreat Course

For a Hot Deal from GolfNow $13, Cart, Cooler with ICE ready & played by myself. Course had a fairly straight forward layout to manage.

The Legend at Arrowhead is a great Course. The layout is challenging especially for the back tees and all the greens have some different slopes making putting on them difficult.

Amazing home course

This course is awesome. I can show up, get checked in, get a cart and go in 3 minutes. Pace is awesome. Course layout is good, challenging, and scenic. Elevated greens and tees, up to date carts and markers. Workers are extremely friendly and welcoming. Love going to this course.

4.2058