Style Traditional

Nestled at the base of the Superstition Mountains, Mountainbrook Golf Club offers a player-friendly course with beautiful views of mountains and desert hills. Given its location, the golf course is mostly flat, making it a nice walk. The layout combines that of a desert course and a mountain course for an interesting variety of holes and challenges. The fairways are relatively wide and some are lined with trees and the fairly large greens are sloped and fast. Sand bunkers are situated throughout the course and two lakes create water hazards that come into play on the back nine. Mountainbrook Golf Club's signature hole is the par-5 16th, which has a dogleg left fairway and a green that is well guarded by bunkers and mounding.

Mountain Brook Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Brian Whitcomb

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2018 #9)

Best value in the East Valley

The course has made a terrific recovery under the guidance of the new owners. The fairways are green and weed- free, the bunkers have sand in them, the greens are well maintained and receptive and all dead or dying trees and other landscaping have been removed and/or replaced. Even the clubhouse and restaurant have been given a long overdue face-lift. Our foursome completed our 18-hole round in 3 1/2 hours and enjoyed an overcast and relatively cool morning in Gold Canyon. We'll be back next week !

Nice

Not sure why the girl helping at the start watched me lugging my clubs and then the next person drive out and get them and there clubs
Other than that all good

GREAT COURSE!

This is my go to full size course to see where my game is at. Classy well maintained and more amenities than most east valley courses. Starter guy and gal working today both AWESOME! Doing there best to pace the play and very friendly even learned something about my putter today from the starter guy i wish i was better at names but they no who they are i think the gals name was Lisa but if mistaken you know who you are :)

Anyway it's summer so course is really nice for august in AZ. I read reviews before i play a new course and i hope you do too so you can believe me when i say you will have a great experience this was my third time here and even better than the last two. One warning if you play here and hit just off the fairway to the gravel or natural desert edging DO NOT USE A GOOD club to hit out of it because it's like GLASS shards to a club will even scratch steel clubs i used an oldie the first time so no prob but I would have been in tears if i hit my new callaway out of it. It's just the desert out there not the course just trying to warn so you know and can just take a beater club for any edge shots in the gravel.

All great

Friendly staff, tee off on time, pace was good
No negatives here.
Will play again

Not even summer rates made it worth it

During the summer you can find much better courses to play than Mountain Brook. Just really disappointing conditions. Between muddy areas, hard dirt and weeds (tons of spurge), the fairways are in poor shape. Yeah, I know, it's summer, but there are better courses you can play for about the same amount. Plus, there were some hole locations that were just laughable-set on down slopes and crazy grades. The guy who sets them either doesn't like golfers or doesn't know what he is doing. Cheap golf - yes. Worth it? No way.

Beuatiful

Beatutiful views. I'm not a "take a picture while I'm playing " guy, but I took a couple unbelievable pictures with my group. And we are not even tourists, lol. Forgiving, but fun. You will use all of your clubs. Course was in fantastic shape for the time of year.greens were punched a few weeks back but you couldn't tell. Perfect.sand was perfect. I can't compliment the staff enough. This is a well thought out, playable, fun course with majestic views and condition was top notch. We are locals and play regularly. Rough conditions are forgivable and expected this time of year. Not at MB, though. Great job on the excellent conditions. Cart service excellent. Carmen is the best. ( retrieved my wedge for me from the previous hole!). Can't say enough. Great day and a great price.

Hidden gem

Very playablchallenge but forgiving. Unbelievable views

overall In good condition just the greens need to recover from being punched

Plays Once a year

From Midwest, first play in west

Everything seemed standard when I booked tee time online. Figured since they offer tee times all the way up to 4:45pm and advertise the booking as 18 holes, that we’d be good at 3:30pm. We got there and was more expensive than what online booking said. Ranger was friendly, but made a point to say we need to be quick because they like to get out of there. We were found on the 3rd hole and told then that they require carts back by 6:30pm. Yet, charged us for 18, mentioned nothing about closing down early online or in person while paying? We played 15 holes in 3 hours, so quick and still didn’t finish. They were pulling flags behind us each hole and waiting. Pro shop worker I think knew what was up so tried to defuse the fact the course was just aerated and they were rushing us, by giving 5 bucks off a round tickets and drink tickets. Just felt it was very stuffy (not the weather) and just left a bad taste. Glad we played but the price and customer service wouldn’t give us any reason to come back.

What is the yardage?

50 yard markers hard to see from the fairway, no guiding signage made it pretty dicey, fortunately the course was very forgiving.

4th of july fun

Nice layout. Greens kind of thin and also probably shouldn't water so close to first tee. Other than that good course had alot of fun. Thank you

Family outing

Played with my son, grandson and son-in-law. Had a great time , course was in great shape. It was over 105 degrees when we hit the back nine but there was plenty of water on the course and the beer lady was always close.

Mountain Brook

The course is in great shape for this time of year but starting to really dry out. Played here many times and always enjoy the round.

Brook mtn

Always love this course. It is in pretty good shape for this time of year.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.