Style Desert

The Palms Course at the Palm Valley Golf Club is one of two 18-hole courses offered at the facility. Located only a short distance from downtown Phoenix, the course is not only conveniently located but also accessible by any skill level of golfer. It provides adequate challenge for advanced players while offering a chance for less experienced golfers to hone their game. The golf course has a links-style design with a desert landscape that ranges between hilly and flat. Bunkers protect both the fairways and greens. There is also a lake that forms water hazards for two holes. Beginning in February, wind usually becomes at Palm Valley Golf Club's Palms Course.

Palm Valley Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Fairways Common Bermuda
Greens Tiff Dwarf
Architect Arthur Hills (1993)

Dress code Collared shirt required. Golf shoes or tennis shoes are required.

Plays Long 11

Fun and like the openness and green challenges!

Will be back and have played your course the last 3 weekends coming from Chandler. As a former Sun Devil hiw can I not play Phil's courses!

Enjoyable round.

There are three nine hole courses to play. We got the West and the North courses. The West is new and a little far from the club house having to go through a construction area and the path os gravel. Once you get to the first tee, it is very well manicured and in great shape. A good layout and can offer you some challenge. We were lucky to play with a local golfer who knew the strategy and where to land away from trouble. Large and undulating greens with good pace. A very beautiful course among a residential area. The practice facilities are great! Balls not included in green fees. Very friendly staff. As a threesome, we completed our round in 3 and half hours. Very enjoyable!

Sunday Round

Course was in good shape. We played the South and West nines. The west being the new nine. We played four of us in just under four hours so that was awesome. Only drawback was the rough on the South nine was will over a foot deep and it was tough just to find your ball at times but then should have been in the fairway. I would play there again as seemed to be a good value.

Christmas trip

Great conditions played the front nine with a club member, what a wonderful chat we had with him,
Pace of ply was excellent

Great Mickelson design

This course is incredible for the price! Great greens & pace of play (4 hrs or less easily) is fantastic! Highly recommended!

Palm Valley

Like the layout. Greens were way to slow
Course was wet and ball got little roll

Great Value Round

The cost of the round and the conditions of the course made this a great value. The pace of play was under four hours, the over seeding of the entire course from tee to green makes for great course conditions. And I forgot a range finder and had to get back to walking off distances from the 100,150, 200 markers. Very enjoyable change.

Palm Valley great shape

Palm Valley Golf course is in great shape after the over seed. Tee to greens all in great shape..The course rates are reasonable with the OB sports Palm card. Palm Valley has three courses three nines and north south and west the north and south are 90° carts in the West course is at the West nine is cartpath only

Late October round

Mid afternoon golf, great value for money. Course was well groomed, North course was 90 degree while South was cart path only. No GPS but the courses earlier in the week spoiled us for those.

No Marshall to be seen and things backed up a bit around 7/8 and we found out at turn from the group ahead that it was due to a group of 4 that skipped holes and moved ahead causing the group ahead of us to quit after nine and we soon quit after 13/14.

Incredible Service and Great Golf Club

First off my rating for Course Conditions was average because it was preparing/coming out of over-seeding. I have played last year and the conditions were excellent.
Now the service at Palm Valley is the very best in the entire valley bar none. We were greeting by Ole Berinobis in the Pro Shop who was very friendly and polite. At the end of the round he came out to see us to see if we (4 players) had enjoyed our time that day, which we absolutely did have a great time. Again, he was just one of the nicest people I've ever met in the golf industry. By the way I work in the golf industry in Kelowna, B.C. Canada. It doesn't end here for the great service. My wife dropped her golf towel somewhere between the driving range and hole #2 on the West Course. The guest service gentleman drove around to see if he could find the towel, which he did not at the time. We came back to play another round and on Wednesday and they had found our towel. Again in the Pro Shop on Wed. the service was great for I believe his name was Craig. I can't say enough good things about the Golf Club and the great staff. we encountered this week.
Thanks for such a great experience, we will be back for years to come.

Cheers
Chuck

Long distance to the 1st and 5th tees

We started on the West course and finished on the North course. The distance to the first tee must be a mile on a gravel road from the club house to the 1st tee; ridiculous when walking. The same goes from the 4th green to the 5th tees, ridiculous.
The North course is great, nicely maintained and will marked yardage posts unlike the West course.

Way overpriced for the conditions

Kinda a tale of 2 9’s today. The front 9 is in horrible condition. Appears they’re getting ready to overseed, so they’ve just completely let it go. Fairways are rock hard and the “greens” are bad. The back 9 was in much better condition. The greens were very slow though. Once overseeding is complete, I’d like to think it’ll be better. I don’t think it’s worth $40 right now. Wait a few weeks.

Great course layout nice greens and fairways would love to play here again we played the north and south course very friendly and helpful staff

Worst layout

The newly remodeled West course is a disaster. The reconfigured layout is poor and is almost impossible to follow if you haven't played there before. With all the other courses around for equal price, I will never play this one again.

Greens better than Fairways

Summer in the desert beats up a golf course. But when ur claiming to be and above average establishment, the fairways should not be as brown as they were today. My recommendation is based on price. If u can get the price < $25, I recommend.

Pro Shop man was a good dude. Give him a raise.

Great experience

We are in town visiting and used golf now to find a course near our vicinity... The course was absolutely fabulous even though a little challenging..the staff was extremely friendly and attentive!

The gallery

on hole number 6 South there were these two nesting Birds cheering us on they were our gallery or they were trying to get us to go to away LOL

Goodyear, Arizona
Avondale, Arizona
Goodyear, Arizona
Waddell, Arizona
Peoria, Arizona

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.