Golf Club of Estrella

Golf Club of Estrella is the very first golf course on a daily-fee basis to be designed by Jack Nicklaus II in Phoenix, where it makes its home in the master-planned community Estrella, and offers 18 holes of par-72 championship golf over 7,102 unique yards. The many tests of the golf course will impress every level of golfer - though a choice of tee sets ensures no one will get in over his or her head. Desert and wash spaces require golfers to vary their shots while they take in vistas from the fairways shaped to the contour of the land and framed in the Sierra Estrella Mountains. A round of golf at the Golf Club Estrella kicks off on Morning Star, a par 4 that measures 359 yards from the black tees. If you stick to the black tees, you'll need to conserve your energy for The Arroyo, the 16th hole, a par 5 that measures 605 yards. After that, Evening Star, the 18th hole, will be a relative breeze, at par 4 and just 437 yards from the black teees. Once the round of golf at the Golf Club of Estrella is over, head back to the Player's Grill Restaurant for American pub fare and Southwestern snacks.
Silver 72 6249 yards 68.4 123
Silver (W) 72 6249 yards 75.1 138
Copper (W) 72 5695 yards 72.1 124
Copper 72 5695 yards 65.9 116
Jade (W) 72 5124 yards 68.5 116
Jade 72 5124 yards 63.0 104
Scorecard for Golf Club of Estrella
Black M: 73.1/139 359 416 174 571 386 424 206 557 435 3528 414 434 372 545 215 395 605 194 437 3611 7139
Gold M: 71.0/129 W: 77.5/142 333 390 157 548 364 402 186 530 420 3330 394 412 349 518 203 371 580 176 400 3403 6733
Silver M: 68.4/123 W: 75.1/138 309 366 141 527 328 382 155 505 397 3110 348 381 326 501 192 349 511 157 374 3139 6249
Copper M: 65.9/116 W: 72.1/124 309 302 141 527 328 302 128 505 308 2850 348 319 326 501 161 285 436 113 356 2845 5695
Jade M: 63.0/104 W: 68.5/116 292 302 115 417 287 302 128 400 308 2551 291 319 264 415 161 285 436 113 289 2573 5124

Year Built 1999
Fairways TiffDwarf Grass
Greens TiffDwarf Grass
Architect Jack Nicklaus, Jr.

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

19th Hole Specials 16

We got an unexpectedly low price thru golf now and when we arrived at the course we learned that a tournament was just finishing so the pace would be slow. Several staff gave us the warning, and it was much appreciated. Pace did not pick up after tournament ended. a foursome was taking multiple selfiies on the tee boxes. While I agree that it is a beautiful course with some particularly scenic holes, the intervention of a narshall would have been appreciated.

Golf club of Estrella

Course was in good condition, greens were fair, but ok for this time of year. Course was in good condition overall, pace of play was a little slow and the guy in pro shop was kind of rude, rushing me to the tee, then I get out and have to wait to hit first shot

Course was in great shape as always. Really is one of the best layouts in the west valley. Bunkers have decent sized rocks in them, could use a little TLC.

Didn't know I was doing a shotgun start but got put with 3 great guys, Joe, Dave and Mike some quick players! Had a great time course was in solid shape.

DO NOT START BEFORE 6:30 AM!!!!!

This is a course I want to try again. We were newbies, and was basically yelled at about being at the tee box before 6:30 am! Excuse us for wanting to play. Then they paired me and my friend with a guy who plays there five days a week and wants to finish the round in about three hours. We felt rushed all day, It was not that fun.

A Little Wet.

The start was understandably confusing, we had an 8:13 am tee time, the rain was coming down by 6:45 am and that really backed everyone up. Everyone that was out on the course had to be called back in due to lightning. We got out about 9 am, things were a little hectic trying to sort everyone out, but they did a great job getting us finally going. It's a challenging course for a just returning player like me (just came back 7 weeks ago after a 30 year hiatus), but it's not so hard that I would avoid playing here, plus, I'm moving in 6 months and will end up two miles from this course, so it will be my home course. All in all, I really like this course, and it will certainly help me learn my game and improve me as a player, so that is a really good thing from where I stand. I will play again many times!

Golf Club of Estrella

Course, staff, amenities all made this round work.

The only thing causing delays was early showers of rain with t-storms and lightning. What was to be a beautiful early morning tee time turned to delays that the staff controlled correctly and kept everyone from.getting caught in a bad situation. Thanks to the golf course for their hospitality and keeping its course above in playable conditions even after aerification is happening for all or most courses at this time of year.

First time I’ve played. Great layout, challenging but fair. Can’t wait to play again.

Horrible Fairway conditions

I've played this course many times and it was always one of my favorites in the Phoenix area. I bragged about the course and took a friend golfing on July 4, 2018. Greens were in pretty good shape but the fairways were AWFUL! There were so many dead patches mud spots. They were recently watered so it was a combination of mud and grass. We left after 9 holes because it was so awful! I am very disappointed in the Golf Club of Estrella since it's always been in such wonderful shape.

fabulous

this is such a terrific course, there is nothing else to say. to be fair, the bunkers are not fluffy, and there are dead grass spots. the greens roll a little peculiar with the mountains and such, so takes a little getting used to. but it is 110 in June, so this course really is in good shape. cant wait to play here again

Estrella

Course was in great shape especially the greens. they were fast but true. Fairways in great shape but watch out for the desert.

the course

I was impressed that the course was still in good shape with all the hot weather we"v had. I plan on playing again by next week. If you can take the heat

go out an play the course.

Plays Twice a year
Plays Twice a year

Great greens

Great greens. I hope they can keep them that good all summer because they were the perfect speed and receptiveness to spin.

Fun course

This course was a bit of a drive for me. Which was why I hadn't played it previously. Everyone said I should go because I would like it. They were right. This is a fun layout. The course is coming out of transition to summer grasses. Nothing drastic and it is expected this time of year. I got some great tips from the pro shop about where to place the ball. Very friendly and helpful. Vic the starter joked with me while I waited to tee off. Nice Guy. I got paired with a local who helped me navigate the course. This is a true desert course. If you miss the fairway you will be in the desert. There are a few forced carries, but nothing too difficult. There are reasonable landing areas just avoid the bunkers. The views were nice. Some holes up against the hills were the best. If you keep the ball in play you can score well here. I know I did.

The only problem was pace of play. We started a bit slow but it stayed even up to the 8th hole. After that we waited. At the turn it got much worse. We had up to three groups waiting from there on out. At times it was only two groups waiting. We played the front 9 around 2 hours. The back 9 took almost 3 hours.

Buckeye, Arizona