Wigwam Resort - Red Course

Style Traditional
The Red Course (formerly known as Heritage Course) at the Wigwam Resort, which has received acclaim from Golf Magazine, is one of three 18-hole courses at the resort. Built on rolling terrain, the course features elevation changes that can affect shots. Mature trees are also scattered throughout to add beauty and another challenging element. Winding creeks form water hazards that come into play on a few holes. The Red Course is popular among locals familiar with the Wigwam Resort because it is considered to have the three best finishing holes in the area. Although walking is allowed on the other two courses, carts are required on the Red Course.
Wigwam Golf Resort - Red Course
Championship 72 6852 yards 71.9 124
Club 72 6291 yards 69.3 117
Club (W) 72 6291 yards 74.9 128
Forward (W) 72 5806 yards 71.7 122
Scorecard for Heritage
Champions M: 72.4/126 387 201 402 499 171 568 386 338 408 3360 373 378 135 511 382 414 454 254 591 3492 6852
Club M: 69.4/118 359 151 377 471 149 541 346 327 369 3090 341 358 115 483 361 399 416 179 549 3201 6291
Forward M: 71.8/118 W: 71.8/118 344 125 338 453 140 511 290 316 349 2866 309 319 100 464 340 356 392 144 516 2940 5806

Year Built 1972
Fairways TiffDwarf Grass
Greens TiffDwarf Grass

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Playing Multiple Courses 30

DIsappointing

Our expectations were crushed when the food shack on the Red course had no sandwiches, no buns for the hot dogs and virtually no food. Obviously the greens keeper must have been in a terrible mood as we had about 6 greens with impossible pin placements. The only thing missing was the clown face and wind mill. The weather was great as was the company which made the day more bearable.

muni at resort prices

This was my first and last time playing Wigwam Red.

No sand in the bunkers no grass on the greens pin placements where ridiculous every hole was cut on a side slope.

Good facilities

This resort has very nice facilities and 3 golf courses to choose from. The staff is friendly and helpful. The courses offer a challenging experience for all. The greens are usually fast and true. The course condition this time was not as good as we have experienced in the past, but still very playable.

Great friendly Staff

Course was nice...but the club house pros & staff & cart guys was way beyond nice. I had hard time finding course & got there late. 45 mins driving in circles.

Felt like a fire cracker ready to explode. The pro in

Inside said no worries, change my tee time to hit

Balls free to warm up. Than there is the supervisor of

The carts, This young man took shirt off for me. Been playing golf 50 years all over the states & internationally,

He settled me down, through 10 buckets of water on the

Fire Cracker & l ended in 1 of the best times playing golf

JUST A LOT OF CLASS!!! U don’t get people like this

At a lot of resorts like Kyle, Can’t wait to go back!!!

Wigwam Resorts should be real lucky to find such a class employee like this young man pray he never leaves! I really don’t do these rating things. But this was different. Again can’t wait to go play this course again.

Thanks Wigwam & KYLE!!!

Out of 5 stars, I give u a1000 Gary

We had a good day...

First time at Wigwam and did not know what to expect. It was good but I think we thought it would be better.

The course was flatter than I had thought it would be. Conditions were good. Greens mostly excellent. Starter/Rangers were all good. But I just wanted a little more from the layout. I thought it was a bit boring.

Anyway, we had a fun day and so all was good.

Love this course!

This course is so nice! Well manicured with lush carpet like fairways and large smooth rolling greens.. if you have not played this one yet, it should be on your list. The large trees lining up the fairways and some water features make the scenery so gorgeous! It is not too long for the average club golfers yet hold many challenges for the more accomplished players.

Best of the Bunch

I've played all three of the Wigwam courses once now, and this is my favorite. The layout was the most interesting and from the tips it's a comfortable distance for someone of my skill level (mid 80s). The greens have a lot of subtle breaks and the bunkers are well placed. That being said, the bunkers have zero and I mean zero sand in them, which was a bit of a shock considering the fluffy white sand bunkers on the other two courses. There was also a lot of standing water in the fairways, and it hasn't rained in a while. If I play the wigwam again this will be the course I'll play, but there's better courses in the west valley for the same money.

Demanding yet playable

Combined course of demanding holes and some friendly and forgiving fairways the area is good for golf and you are able to do to the climate play year around. Top experience

Wigwam-Red or Heritage

One of my favorite golf courses in the valley. Usually in good condition. Good test of your game if you pick right tees. The practice facility comes with the green fee. Only complaint is their rakes. Plastic handles which splinter. I picked one up and it cut me pretty badly. I reported it but they seemed unconcerned. Good thing I wasn’t on blood thinner or they would have had a problem.

Great Course But...

So we played the red course which was great and difficult which made thing very interesting. The only down side to playing at wigwam was there was a tournament that was teeing off right after us and to make matters worse there was an older couple in front of us which slowed the pace down. To me the group infront of us wasn’t the problem it was the tournament players behinds us. They’re rude and played into where we were. All in all great course. My recommendation would be to find out if there’s a tournament and pick a tee time far away from it.

Red Course was Nice, Like to Play Others at Wigwam

Our foursome played the Red Course the Friday after Thanksgiving and given the popularity of golf on this day the course played really well. The pace of play was right on pace, the greens were in great condition, and the staff was friendly. Although we did not use anything other than the driving range and putting green the other amenities looked nice. Red's, their 19th hole, looked like it was a popular place to hang out. I will definitely be back to play this course again and I'd recommend it if your in the area looking for a nice course to play at decent price.

It’s a great course the only thing was the snack shack was closed when we made the turn I needed some food for the second 9 but other then that it was great

Food

Wish breakfast or any food would have been served. Only drinks were served. Played the Red Course and was hoping the main snack shop would be open but it was closed all day. Cart girl came around and had no food what so ever

Faminished

No edible food on course... half way house closed all day.

The food cart had no food, terrible selection of chocolate bars.

Too many other courses for our hard earned dollars.

Great rental clubs, newer Titleist. Good course nice layout. Course is a little tough to find.

You need all day

Of course they say nothing till after you pay. But they will be sending a tournament out after you start your round but you should not see them. Well we seen many of them there were times we had three foursomes waiting on a Teebox. Two guys in our group left On the 11th hole. And talking to a member this seems to happen every weekend on one of the three courses you guess which one. With Verrado and Estrela mountain I won’t be coming back to this resort that is run like a struggling city coarse.

Red’s ok

This is a park style course not a desert one. Fairways were a little heavy so my ball picked up a lot of mad/dirt—so not a lot of roll. Rough was quite long in some areas and patchy looking. Greens were holding ok but a little bumpy and slow. This is all to be expected at this time of year. Loud music blasted by some groups.

Good course but TOO SLOW

Almost 5 hours... on a Tuesday... where are the marshalls???

Overseed

This course was just recently over seeded and they were letting the ruff grow a little longer then normal.

Goodyear, Arizona