Style Traditional

The Arizona Golf Resort is home to a golf school and a challenging 18-hole course. The golf course is known for its difficult and scenic par-3 holes. It is has a traditional layout that features large, subtly sloped greens that are guarded by bunkers. Stately cottonwood and eucalyptus trees line the generous fairways. Lakes form water hazards that come into play on five holes and there is also native rough throughout the course. With four sets of tee boxes, the course offers a suitable challenge for players of all skill levels. In addition to the course and the school, the Arizona Golf Resort has a putting green and chipping area as well.

Scorecard for Arizona Golf Resort & Conference Center
Blue M: 70.8/120 502 222 445 231 391 385 488 178 425 3267 488 210 496 384 177 437 252 409 481 3334 6601
White M: 69.0/116 W: 75.2/125 478 206 436 189 372 371 452 159 393 3056 458 185 479 370 150 422 229 396 466 3155 6211
Gold M: 66.6/112 W: 71.8/122 458 186 416 147 359 362 421 152 381 2882 436 172 469 359 136 373 212 383 452 2992 5874
Red W: 68.8/116 416 141 316 104 332 304 418 115 333 2479 417 128 428 304 88 331 203 340 405 2644 5123

Year Built 1960
Architect Jack Snyder

Pull-carts No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt required

Plays Long 53

Class of 72

Had a great golfing experience from hole 1 to hole 18.

What is important in a round of golf

I recently played Arizona Golf Club. It was my fourth and last round of golf during a five day vacation. I chose the course because of proximity to where I was staying and that the reviews were quit epositive.

I play in the mid 80's. That day I played in the low 80's. My one complaint was around a phone call that I made to the pro-shop. Pace of play is the most important issue to me (I hate 5 hour rounds of golf and had already experienced 2 of those while in Pheonix). This course is not well layed out (par five first hole is fine and then there is a par 3). When our group arrived at the 2nd hole par 3, there were two other groups already on the tee and a foursome that looked like every put had $10,000 bet on it. after 4 minutes of watching the group on the green putt, I phone the pro-shop and asked that they send a course marshal out to the hole to move people along.

What I recieved from the woman who answered the phone was 1) failure to listen; 2) excuses; and 3) condescension. She was the poster child for fire the course manager because she had no cutosmer service training. The front nine took us just under 3 hours and the back nine speeded up to under 2 hours (I assume people ran out of time and left).

I won't be back again. Be careful before you pay your good money to this place.

Commented On 2019-03-12T12:57:50.000+00:00

Hi David, thank you for the three stars. We hope that you had a good time with us the other day. Thanks for stopping by during your vacation!

Commented On 2019-03-05T14:17:36.000+00:00

Hi Doug, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had an enjoyable round of golf with us the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Poor condition and slow play

Last played here 2 years ago. Very disappointed today, slow play (nearly 5 hours), course in poor condition. Only good point was the greens which are excellent. Will not be playing here again. For what it is, far too expensive.

Commented On 2019-03-04T16:19:15.000+00:00

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great greens, poor condition off fairways.

The greens rolled true and were smooth. Fairways were solid but anything off fairway was in poor condition. Many wet spots so drainage was not very good.
Staff was friendly.

Commented On 2019-03-04T16:16:49.000+00:00

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you did not find us in great shape, but we are glad that you enjoyed our greens. Your feedback is important to us. We hope to see you again soon.

Better golfing experiences elsewhere

The set up of the course created a slow start as the second hole was a par 3 The course itself has no picturesque features and several holes were covered with bird droppings. The greens were true and fast The layout was average. In my opinion the green fee @$65 was too high for the experience

Commented On 2019-03-01T13:38:05.000+00:00

Hi, we are sorry that our course fell short of your expectations. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will return again soon.

Good value

Good value and the course was in good shape considering the amount of water that fell recently.

Commented On 2019-02-26T16:17:15.000+00:00

Hi Mark, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you found Arizona Golf Resort great value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon. #arizonagolfresortgc

Spring Time Maybe

I’m from out of state took my father here for both our first times booked a tee time on golf now rate was $55.After the first hole seen what the first cut was & automatically knew it wasn’t going to be a good course for the day actually just was just sickening after paying that price you would think a resort would be in better shape!!!!!So I went in to tell them how displeased I was talk to the pro ask how much the going rate was he said $75 I almost fell over I hope no one else goes threw this!!!!!

Commented On 2019-02-21T13:28:01.000+00:00

Hi Derrick, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your round of golf. Your feedback is important to us!

Commented On 2019-02-14T14:14:15.000+00:00

Hi Giovanni, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you enjoyed your round of golf at Arizona Golf Resort the other day. Come back again soon!

Overbooked

Used my golf pass, had a 12"40 tee time. they had a frost issue early and all was backed up. Lack of carts and so on. 45 min after tee time got going. Bust , with so many booked, it took 3 plus hours to play 8

Commented On 2019-02-13T14:49:05.000+00:00

Hi, we are sorry to hear that your golfing experience wasn't the best the other day. As much as we try to make it a smooth one, mother nature can sometimes get in the way. We hope next time will be better!

For what we paid, we expected much more.. When we reviewed this course through Golfnow, there were very few pictures of the golf course itself compared to all the pictures of the resort, restaurant etc. While playing the course, I commented to my wife that I could see why. We were not totally impressed with the overall condition. With the big emphasis on pace of play, why do courses allow twosome to play by themselves? We were paired up with a single golfer and had an enjoyable round with him. As a result of the twosome in front of us, the pace of play was horrible. We waited on a lot of our shots, particularly on the tees. Also, why do the cart girls serve the golfers their beverages right beside the greens? As a result of this, we had to wait until they were finished while a foursome were coming off the green behind us. I even had had to ask her to move the cart as it was between my ball and the green. Not impressed.

Commented On 2019-02-04T13:43:54.000+00:00

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with us the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Commented On 2019-02-01T13:43:17.000+00:00

Hi, we are sorry to see that you did not have a good experience the other day. We hope if you provide more detail, we can address your concern.

Mistaken Identity

Unfortunately, this was not the course we thought it was when we booked our tee times but we decided to give it a try.

The greens were very nice stemping at an 11+ but the tee boxes and fairways were in rough condition. I realize that it is early and the grass is slow in coming up but dying the sod to make it look better only makes my rating go down. Pace of play was very slow.

On the postive the staff were very helpful and freindly.

Overall not worth the money in my mind.

Commented On 2019-01-30T20:30:42.000+00:00

Hi Fred, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our course. If you provide more detail, hopefully we can address your concern.

Pleasent day

It was a slow round but beautiful weather. The course is flat with some water and a few sand traps. There had been a frost delay so things were backed up when we got there and didn’t improve much during the round. They were short of carts for some of the afternoon tee times. It’s a good track for med to high handicappers.

Commented On 2019-01-28T15:43:43.000+00:00

Hi Gary, thank you for the three stars. We hope that you enjoyed your round of golf out there! See you again soon.

Just barely ok

Horrible pace of play. Greens in good shape, fairways passable, rough sparce. Layout good for a flat course. Marshall did respond when the fivesome in front of us was to slow. Checkin rather dowdy looking. Would not play again and cannot recommend this course.

Commented On 2019-01-30T20:20:15.000+00:00

Hi, we are so sorry that you had a bad experience with us the other day. We hope that you will reconsider for the future!

Commented On 2019-01-25T13:51:38.000+00:00

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to see that you had a good round of golf out there. Hope to see you again soon.

Not Worth the $60.00 They ask for

The course was a good value for the $33.00 we paid but would not pay the $60.00 they advertise for.

Commented On 2019-01-25T13:50:53.000+00:00

Hi, thank you for the feedback regarding the price. We hope that you had a good time out there, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good price but paid in other ways

About 4-5 years ago you could count on Arizona Golf Resort for poor customer service and an okay golf experience. Then it seemed that things changed, staff started greeting guests a smile and a really positive attitude, I have now been twice this season and stood in the golf area with no greeting at all while the staff joked among themselves. At the golf counter the staff actually walked away and left me standing alone. Ok for a cheap golf and customer service experience.

Commented On 2019-01-23T20:32:04.000+00:00

Hi Charles, we are so sorry that you had a poor experience with our staff. We hope that you will come back again soon.

A pretty average day

Headlines: Some staff completely indifferent; cart path in play way too much; average course conditions, slow play.

We arrived at 9am for a 9.48 start. The bag crew and pro shop could not have been more indifferent "Oh you want a cart - sure help yourself". I'm not sure what the point of the bag drop is - unless you have trouble remembering where you left your clubs, it certainly wasn't used by any of the cart crew. To be fair there was a different crew when we finished and they were fine - cleaning clubs and offering to return them to the car. The beverage cart lady was really nice too - we saw at least 4 times during the round.

Course was in average condition ie tees ok but not flat, fairway ok but thin in places; greens running at 9 and a bit thin in places. Big borrows on the greens which is fine for the speed. Bunkers had sand but not uniform, resulting in mud lies. My particular hate was the cart path which is way too close to the fairway and is effectively in play on about 14 of the holes - you did not have to be wayward to hit the path. Layout was ok with good variation of hole shapes and good variation in par 3 length.

Play was a bit slow for my tastes - 4.5hours.

We were paired with a nice couple of snowbirds.

Did not visit the clubhouse.

There are better budget courses in the Scottsdale area. I won't bother with AGR again.

Commented On 2019-01-23T20:30:17.000+00:00

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a good time the other day. Your feedback is important to us and we hope to see you again soon.

Haven’t played here in a few years. Was impressed with the condition and pace of play. Greens played tough and looking forward to getting back here. Staff was very friendly and had fun in the restaurant for dinner and karaoke .

Commented On 2019-01-14T16:27:13.000+00:00

Hi Tony, thank you for the four stars! We are so glad that you had an awesome time both on and off the golf course. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!