View from the 11th green at Red Mountain Ranch Country Club

Type Private
Style Desert

The golf course at Red Mountain Ranch & Country Club is a beautifully designed layout set against a desert landscape with rock formations, mesquite trees, and cacti. Pete and Perry Dye designed the course, combining both beauty and challenge. This championship course was built on rolling terrain and has large, sharply contoured greens and extensive mounding that is reinforced with railroad ties. There are not only deep sand bunkers but also grass bunkers protecting the greens. There are also four ponds on the course at Red Mountain Ranch & Country Club, but only three create water hazards that come into play on four holes. A notable hole on the course in which water comes into play is the sixth, a hole that has a peninsula green with water surrounding it along three sides.

Red Mountain Ranch Country Club

Year Built 1986
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Pete Dye (1986) Perry Dye (1986)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Ready for a Challenge?

Course was in good shape, though starting to show some dry patches as the Phoenix area has started to warm up, and we haven’t had rain for months. That said the greens were excellent.

Speaking of the greens. “Diabolical Dye” was definitely living up to the nick name when he designed this course and the greens. Nearly every green is Elevated. Most are narrow too. They were very firm today so, you absolutely couldn’t miss left or right. I’m better than average hitting flop shots. That was my saving grace. As Today, I was a flopping fool.

You are definitely challenged really to hit quality shots into the greens.

Tough as it can be if you’re not striking your irons well, it’s still a course to enjoy. Great scenic views of the nearby mountains and even all the way into the valley on a couple holes.

Enjoy.

Great place to play. Tough and fun. Keep it in play

Red Mountain Ranch

Typical difficult Dye course made even more difficult by the very poor condition of all bunkers.

Bring your A game

This course is hard. You need to hit the fairway and then you need to hit a great second to hit greens that are either really small landing strips, or really big but with a hill / valley to putt through. The whole time you are trying to stay out of the sand or away from fairway hills that line some of the fairways. Also you Need to not hit the occasional cactus.

But it’s a great course, really challenging and fun to play. My only gripe is the great unwashed public can only make a tee time one week in advance.

Great. Course.

Greens great

Course is a little chopped up right now but the greens are in great shape so it makes it a good value!

Short but tough

Great Pete Dye design. Target golf. Relatively short but plays tough. One of the best values in the Phoenix area. Great condition.

Nice course, tough layout, tiny greens, needs attention

It was a good round. A few holes had bare areas for grass. Several traps needed to be groomed and add sand.

First time

Standing on the first tee I immediately knew this was going to be a challenging course. Pete Dye does well with hiding bunkers and fairways with blind tee shots. I do like the challenge they bring. That’s what i wanted when I booked this tee time. I guess my game wasn’t where it should be to play this course. I struggled around the heavily undulated greens. I didn’t experience any bunkers today but they seemed decent. Could use some sand in some spots. Greens were fast and firm. Full wedge shots would take a big bounce then spin/check. Putting was a test with all the slopes. This course i know will bring out the best in any regular. The service staff was helpful and the shop attendant was very informative of where to go and what to do to make it around the golf course. BYO Water. They have removed the water jugs due to COVID 19.

World class Par 3 ‘s

Back 9’s three par 3 holes are world class. I have never played any course with better par 3’s

Course layout challenge

Sand traps need work. Cut traps to original layout will test the best

Nice tucked away gem

Starter was very engaging and suggested what tee combo to play...which lead to a very enjoying round....shotmakers course with greens guarded by typical Pete Dye traps, swales, and wooden ties.Fun course great rolling greens

Teetimes taken without being booked

Teetimes taken without being booked. I had a 1230 teatime on our red hot teatime special with Golfnow as I went to their site I noticed that they were not busy at all in fact there was hardly anybody even booked so I thought we’ll maybe I’ll just go a little early and see if they’ll let me play alone and play early and just get through and have a great time because I do like the course . I teed off on number one I passed a twosome at two at five there was five playing at six there was four playing at seven there was a foursome playing I end up playing six of the first nine holes I played number 10 then found out 11 through 18 were completely full so here is my conclusion it is a very nice course if you’re a member other than that the public is treated more than poorly I will probably never play this again I will probably never recommend this anybody unless you’re planning on joining you’re making a big mistake

Red Mountain Country Club

Course was in great shape but challenging for not playing there before. There is a great deal of fairways that slope down to one side and a great straight shot down the middle of the fairway may not be there when you find your ball. Overall very pleased.

Red mountain

Great course and beautiful scenery everywhere u looked. Fun but difficult course. Not a good course for high handicaps.

No info at the holes

No signs? No maps? No idea where some of the holes were... But I have to say the course was beautiful and challenging and the weather was perfect.

Challenging at times but a great course for all levels. I enjoyed my time. Good pace of play. Greens rolled nice and fairways were in good shape.

Difficult but fun

First of all this is one of the nicer public courses in maricopa . The course was in great shape. This track is fun, difficult and challenging. Lots of fairways curve left and are quite narrow . The greens have sections to them which means its easy to get into a position where you have to guard against the 3 putt . Slope from the back is 145 . If you arent a single digit handicap ( i’m a 12) playing dont feel bad about moving up a tee box, you will need all the help you can get.

Rmg

We were started a half hour late even though were there early. The league golfers that were started ahead of us were late getting to the tee and slow the entire round. The Marshall told us that we were 20 minutes behind as we waited on every hole for the group in front of us. The Marshall never sped up the group in front of us.

Good Day

We enjoyed playing this golf course. Golf course was in good shape. Bunkers needed more sand. Play was a little slow. Overall, we would definitely play this course again

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020