Style Traditional

The East Valley's Superstition Springs Golf Club offers one of Arizona's most testing layouts, measuring over 7,000 yards, with a slope rating of 130. Golf course architect Greg H. Nash designed the course and worked with the landscape already in place to provide the abundant mounding, wide bunkers and good-looking but tough-playing water features.

By the time he had finished with the Superstition Springs Golf Club, Nash had created a golf course that Golfweek called one of America's Best Golf Courses.

After - or before - a round of golf at the Superstition Springs Golf Club, hit up the restaurant for breakfast, lunch or drinks either inside or on the patio, which overlooks the golf course's signature hole, the ninth.

Superstition Springs Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Architect Greg Nash (1986) Jeff Hardin

Pull-carts No

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Like a ghost town

This course must me cutting back on EVERYTHING. I saw one person, the gal in the golf shop. Nobody else. They were prepping for overseeing but heavy thick grass clippings were everywhere which impacted playability. No notice about course conditions was provided when I booked the tee times. The course doesn’t even provide scorecards, you have to download a copy on your cell phone.

Anonymous

112 degree round

This course was in good shape for the weather we're having at this time.
My only complaint was the greens were really slower than normal at this course. I forgot , I have 2 complaints, the bunkers were terrible. I don't think they've been groomed all summer.
For the price I paid, it was still a great course. I like the layout.

Course in serious decline

I have played this course 15-20 times the past 10 years. It used to be a treat. It now appears as if no one (owners, maintenance staff) cares about it. Keeping a long story short....I paid $19 for a deal time. If I had paid a penny more I would have been irate. Zero upkeep, trash around all the near empty lakes, huge globs of goose poop on and around greens, weeds over growing everything.... This course is now a NINETEEN DOLLAR COURSE. So sad.....

Good Golf

Course played tough, greens excellent. Tee boxes needed some landscaping. Many traps had water pooling in them.. No golf beverage cart or snacks, this should be improved.

Amazing what a little Mother Nature can do

This past week monsoons has greatly improved the course conditions. Greens were great and fairways have had much improvement over two weeks ago. The course management may have even taken some criticisms from these reviews to improve the sand traps and clean the trash up around the lakes. The lakes are filled by rain run off and with that run off comes lots of trash from careless people. This course is an excellent lay out and challenges the average golfer. Also spotted a bald eagle on the fairway while playing, but I didn’t shot any eagles today.

Very challenging layout!

For 11 dollars with Hot Deals and considering some bad reviews, was not expecting a whole lot from the course. True, the course is lacking some up keep and the many sand traps around the course are in bad condition but the lay-out in my mind is one of the toughest I have played. Many visually tough driving holes especially considering it being my first time. Most approach shots are not a walk in the park either. Greens were rounding into shape and the rough was tough. The course kicked my butt and looking forward to my next time playing it to get to know the course a little bit more. For 11 dollars it will probably be today.

I'd rather play in my backyard around all the dog poop

we did a lightning deal for $17 which was still $17 too much. I dont need to know anything about this course to know they dont give one s*** about it. Weeds in sand traps, tee boxes are curved, greens have ravines thru them, fairways had weeds all over, rough looks like it hasn't been cut in weeks, garbage all over course and it really does smell like poop. I'm almost willing to pay people not to go here. On a side note. We got a tan playing with our shirts off.

Fun Round, very thirsty!

You don't operate a golf course in Arizona in the summer and close your beverage cart and your restaurant. I won't go back because they genuinely didn't seem to think it was a big deal that both options were closed and even better zero water options on the course. They know this, we are in a pandemic so I get liquids aren't available in the water coolers on the course, but then to not have a bev cart and your restaurant/bar/grill closed as well. Notify people if you are lazy or have staffing issues that encourages them to bring a cooler with their own non-alcoholic beverages. You'd be a lot better than appearing non-caring, empathetic to no beverage services in the middle of the desert.

Such a shame

Loved this course - but the condition is horrendous. It's such a shame to see it this way. The front 9 is worse than the back. For the $25 round there are much nicer courses nearby. I'm so sorry Superstition Springs - I won't be back.

Curse was fun

i enjoyed this course. I will be playing it again.

Has always been a great course but...

the conditions have definitely deteriorated over the past few years. Today, the starter told us to treat all the bunkers as ground under repair and take a drop outside the bunker. For what used to be a top level course, that is pretty sad. Most of the bunkers had virtually no sand and a lot of rocks. The lakes are mostly empty and smell. The beverage cart came around once and then we were told that it broke down. Pace was exceedingly slow, 2 hours front 9 and over 2.5 on the back and no ranger in site to get the group 2 ahead of us moving as they were at least 4 holes behind by the end. Waiting 10 minutes on every shot does not lend to any rhythm and tends to ruin the round. For an average price, what used to be a great course, is now just average.

Last visit to SSGC...

I have played this course for 20 years. Each and every time is has been overpriced and poor conditioned. Tee boxes like turtle shells, fairways worse than rough, and I didn’t even try to putt. Today was the worst I had played it. Fairway to green needs an overhaul. And the few staff that I talked to were far more interested in getting the extra $ than providing service. Too many other courses in good shape to come back here.

Course in horrible shape

This course is close to my house and I have played it often over the years. I have always loved the layout. My only complaint, until recently, was the course seemed overpriced for what it is. It had been a few months since I last played the course but I thought the course was in decent shape early in the summer so I booked another round. I don't think I have ever seen a course go down hill so fast. The course is in roughest shape I have ever seen it, worse than any course I have ever played. It is apparent the greens were aerated at some point but they are also pitted and inconsistent causing balls to bounce sideways. Some greens have trench like lines running through the green. Crabgrass grew in clumps on the edges of many greens and some holes had more dirt than grass on them. I did not see one maintenance worker the entire round. I am not sure this course can be saved at this point. It is sad to see a once great course die.

3.19445