Superstition Springs Golf Club

Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

The Tips 72 7005 yards 73.0 128
Championship 72 6700 yards 71.7 126
Middle 72 5921 yards 70.5 124
Front (W) 72 5296 yards 66.3 109

The East Valley's Superstition Springs Golf Club offers one of Arizona's most testing layouts, measuring over 7,000 yards, with a slope rating of 130. Golf course architect Greg H. Nash designed the course and worked with the landscape already in place to provide the abundant mounding, wide bunkers and good-looking but tough-playing water features.

By the time he had finished with the Superstition Springs Golf Club, Nash had created a golf course that Golfweek called one of America's Best Golf Courses.

After - or before - a round of golf at the Superstition Springs Golf Club, hit up the restaurant for breakfast, lunch or drinks either inside or on the patio, which overlooks the golf course's signature hole, the ninth.

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Summer's Here"

cid2phx's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

My first time playing this course. I found it very challenging. Fairways needed more grass, but greens were fine. Water levels in ponds were low, thank God, or I would have donated more balls. If you are a first timer like me, play with someone who knows the course. You need to know when to lay up.

"Wowww,What a Change"

desertgolfer2882's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

this used to be a very good golf course in fact once had P.G.A. Tour qualifying there,good news...greens ,"the"fairways in good shape,now the bad,bunkers on the front need help and raking all of the lakes on the front side are almost dry now in fact the lake on "9" is now covered in wild flowers,really takes away from the course,had a "HUGE" back up on the 15th hole,long par 3 had 5 groups waiting to play it,plus no marshall was seen at all that day,needless to say will not go back and play it again ever,unless the conditions change for the better

Commented on 05/07/2018

Sorry to hear about your experience. #9 is in the midst of a capital improvement project. The former lake was not restored due to enviromental and financial concerns. It was purely an aesthetic (non-irrigation) lake so we are turning it into a natural desert landscape. It was cleaned out, reshaped with added boulders and then hydroseeded with natural wildflowers and grasses. It is only about 20% grown in. We anticipate full growth towards the end of the year. You are correct that it is not the same but when it is complete it will still be a challenging hole with natural beauty. As for the other lakes, we are in a flood plain and those concerns are being addressed as well. Trust that we continue to work on the course (bunkers and more) and Arcis Golf is committed to improvement on every level. Pace of play is a top priority for us and we will continue to work on it. I am a golfer myself so I can understand how you feel.

"Pace of play was painfully slow."

d64schneider's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

The pace of play was over 5 hours and that is rough when it is 100 degrees. There were 2 fivesomes and no course rangers to move the pace along.

Commented on 05/06/2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We obviously missed the mark and would like to speak with you. Feel free to call the golf shop and speak with our General Manager any time. Thank you.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Commented on 04/16/2018

Thank you for coming out. We look forward to seeing you again!

"Pace"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

Pace of play good except 1 group who wouldn’t g let us play thru. Bunkers all dirt

Golf cart. Has not good. Park brake wouldn’t work

Commented on 04/13/2018

We apologize for your experience. Please give our GM a call to discuss.

"disappointment"

fredhegel's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

staff was frazzled. all pin flags were the same color, instead of usual red, white, blue. had gps but the pin position shown were wrong 30-40% of the time. course was in pretty bad shape, greens were ok though. would never come back.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 04/13/2018

We're sorry to hear of your experience. Please call our GM at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

"greens"

martyk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

greens were much better. held approach shots. some changes looked good on the course

Commented on 04/13/2018

Marty, thank you for spending your day with us. We've really been focusing on our greens and have many capital improvement projects in the works. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dean7706700's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

Course needs some love.

Greens are small.

Needs watering

Course Layout: Poor

Dean,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please give our GM a call at your convenience.

"Nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

Staff were very friendly. Course was in nice condition. Only complaint was no refreshment cart was on the course the day I played. I wish the starter would have told me this first so I could have prepared. I will play again.

Commented on 04/13/2018

We apologize for the miscommunication about the beverage cart. Give us a call and our GM can talk to you.

Thanks

"Course was a challenge,"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Overall was a good course to play, challenging, slow, a foursome did not let a twosome play through and should not have been playing off the tees they were playing. Time ran out and did not finish the 18th hole due to darkness, and slow play. Needed a Ranger to move things along. Would come back and play again.

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thanks for the feedback. We love to hear the good stuff but need to hear the tough stuff. Etiquette and Egos are our biggest battles in golf. We'll keep working on our pace of play.

"nice course, greenskeeper is keeping us from returning"

simmons7080's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

My 3 golf pals and I are all locals, all between 45-65 yrs old, all between 4-7 handicap. We have played here 5 times total and today was the final time.

We play the green tees and have never played here in less than 4.75 hours. Today was 5 hours. The course is very pretty with some interesting holes. Notoriously small greens , which slows play because a missed greens is often an absurd chip. The greenskeeper places pins in the most ridiculous places this slowing play even further. Greens are ok speed/condition wise but when you have people playing that can't break 100 at Western Skies and you stick pins 2-3 paces off every corner you have a 5+ hour round.

The staff has always been very pleasant but waiting on every single shot as groups like up on tee boxes and then having 5-6 pins in a row that require a your pros best shot it sucks the fun out of the day.

As I said we are locals and when the summer hits and revenue is needed we will not return here. Sorry folks, your greens keeper and his pin cutting decisions have single handedly taken future revenue out of your pockets from us.

Commented on 04/13/2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our General Manager would love to speak with you and discuss your comments and concerns.

"Superstitious Springs....."

cvsingle1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Staff very friendly.....Starter Larry a true gentleman....course very dry due to weather....a little rough around the edges....greens are smaller and difficult to hit as most are elevated and narrow....didn't get off on time in the afternoon due to the lack of carts.....as a result finished 18 in the near dark....course worth a play for the price.....

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thank you for your time and comments. We will continue to work on those areas. We look forward to seeing you again.

"40 golfers put out in front of us"

golfiggy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

They decided to put out a 40 person scramble tournament in front of us. 2:40 to play the front, 1hr to play 10-12 and we quit after that. Decided to try and get a drink and bite to eat after our 12 holes (paid for 18 of course) and at 5:30 all the restaurants were closed. Really!!!!!!

"Great track"

lgress1982's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018

The layout is great, no 2 holes are alike except mayby 2 & 16. Each hole has it's own character. The course could be top notch except for the ponds and traps could use some TLC. Pace of play is always a question due to the amount of traffic the course gets on a daily basis.

"Greens played slow . Course in fair to good shape."

mikx3x3x3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/22/2018

Overall good course. Greens were a little on the slow side . Crush burger was yummy. Will return

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thanks for coming out. I agree on the crushburger. I need to limit myself to one per week otherwise it'll get out of hand. See you soon

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thanks for coming out. We look forward to seeing you again!

"Rough"

Shypoke55's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Course is really dry ponds are nearly dry dirty bridge going to green on hole 17 is in bad shape very disappointed in the course conditions greens were good bunkers were good also. The staff was awesome in the clubland in the restaurant and lounge beverage cart was cheerful and friendly also!!

Commented on 04/13/2018

We appreciate your comments. We would love to discuss our current and future list of capital improvement projects with you. Give our GM a call. 480-985-5622

"Great Course"

TIMOTHY9140523's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Superstition Springs is a great course. It's unfortunate that the day I played there was a tournament that made the pace of play 5 hours. I was paired with a gentleman who plays the course regularly. It was great having a "caddie" the first time I played the course. The greens were thick and green, a little bumpy. Some fairways were dry, but enjoyed the roll. The drink cart girl was very friendly and the pro shop staff was very helpful. I will play this course again.

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thank you for spending your day with us and the feedback you provided. It will help us improve without a doubt.

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thank you for spending your day with us. Pace of play is always a priority and we continue to work at it. Look forward to seeing you again.

"Superstition springs golf course"

Victor9960566's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2018

Superstition springs golf course.We enjoyed it the first time, then we decide to play it again. What’s great about this facility is you can play the first round in the real round is only $25. One of the best bargains for golfers in the Phoenix area.

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thank you so much for spending your day with us. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you soon. Take care