Stonecreek Golf Club

Middle 71 5937 yards 68.1 125
Middle (W) 71 5937 yards 73.1 132
Forward/Middle (W) 71 5453 yards 70.5 126
Forward (W) 71 5018 yards 68.4 119

The course at Stonecreek Golf Club has a traditional links-style layout that meanders through Paradise Valley, providing stunning mountain vistas to the south and west. The golf course has undergone several renovations since its opening and the result is superb round of golf in a beautiful setting. The hilly fairways and fast greens are immaculate and well manicured. Water hazards come into play on five holes. There are also bunkers strategically placed throughout the course. Stonecreek Golf Club also has convenient practice facilities including a putting green and chipping area. There is also a pro shop and professional golf instructors on the premises.

Location is convenient to the city near local attractions worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Is it a public park or a golf course?"

Johngoulett's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2018

The public is all over this course - walking dogs, jogging, bike riding. They were oblivious, for the most part, that they were in danger of being struck by a golf ball!!!

Our 2:28 tee time meant that it would be challenging to complete 18 holes. When we arrived we were told that they were running at least 20 minutes late because of an early morning frost delay. They gave us free range balls to compensate. No carts were available so we had to carry our clubs to the driving range.

We only managed to play 14 holes. The putting & chipping greens and the driving range were packed. I’ve never seen so many people on a golf course.

The course itself was interesting & challenging but the greens were filled with ball marks. Pace of play was really slow; 2.5 hours for the 1st 9 holes. We had to wait for the groups ahead of us at every tee and almost every other shot. I will not be playing that course again.

"Slow play poor marshalling"

2porsches's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

Front nine took over three hours we waited on group in front every shot. Group behind us hit into us numerous times. Bunkers were trashed with huge footprints and very little evidence of raking. Over all not a pleasant way to do tend a Sunday afternoon.

"Golf in a public park"

johnonealaz's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

I've literally played 100's of rounds of golf and yesterday when I played at Stone Creek I can honestly say this was my worst experience I've ever had playing golf. It was so bad that I felt compelled to write this. Here is a list of what my foursome experienced:

- waited on every single hole, round took just shy of 6 hours

- first tee, we had to wait for a guy on a bicycle to get off the cart path

- at the turn, we were the 3rd group in line to hit (usually it was only 2 groups)

- went to the 11th tee box and some how we now have a five some in front of us

- finally my turn to hit on 11 and some walker is coming up the path behind us and just before I hit he starts walking to the side of me and I'm wondering if I'm going to hit him so it messes up my swing. Oh, and part of that wait was another guy on a bicycle on the path.

- Next hole (of course we pull up and our five some hasn't yet tee'd off), when it's my turn to hit, another walker comes around some tree's/bushes and is directly in line of getting hit. He's about 30 yards away. So I have to back off and wait for him to walk past us. He couldn't have cared less.

- The next few holes are where it really gets great. There are people walking their dogs without leashes on the course, two guys had a remote control car just ripping it around the tee box, skate boarders on the cart path and of course people just walking on the path. My friend said, this isn't just playing golf, this is playing golf in a public park.

- So I get to watch all of this wonderful stuff because we're waiting. It became comical and the round was a joke by then. We're coming down the fairway on 15 and we had to go up a little hill to get back on the path and guess what, our cart ran out of juice. We had to push it up the hill and fortunately with some pushing from our other cart every now and then we limped the cart back in.

- I've played Stone Creek before and I knew they cram people in so I thought well let's try it again to see if it's better. Better? It was worse!

- I went in to the pro shop just to tell them the experience and he was apologetic but he said, why didn't you call us and let us know? We don't know this stuff is going on unless you call. I said, don't put this on me to make your place run ok. I said I never saw the ranger once, not once.

- He tried to give me a free round which was nice but I would never ever put myself or anyone I know through that nonsense again. And the best part is, I paid for all that fun. Never ever again will I play Stone Creek.

"Stonecreek GC"

cfrizzel's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

Played on a cool cloudy afternoon. Liked the wide fairways and they had good grass so it was easy to hit off. Once you’re off the fairway the ground is brown and hard there really isn’t any rough. The greens were hard and didn’t hold your approach shots. Once on there was lots of marks and had to move the ball sometimes to have a clear roll. There was a variety of shots you had to make and it did make the game challenging and enjoyable.

"Wet"

Kaluna51's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

Played on Friday 2/16. Teed off around 2:45pm Love the course layout but only got 16 holes in. Course was wet in areas and muddy. Lots of geese and their stuff on the course! Biggest aesthetic issue was the trash that had drained onto the course during the rains last week. Just filthy in some areas. No Marshall out on the course to do their jobs and move the pace of play forward.

"Stonecreek phx"

golfinsunJT's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018

Liked this course.definately will play again nice setting Park like. Played on a "deal" hence good value course in vg shape.

pkeck's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Course has deteriorated a bit since I played there the last time which was 3 years ago. The areas that are not over-seeded, anything off the fairway, are hard as rock and barren in many places. The fairways were fine although a little wet in places (must be from over watering as there has not been rain in several months). The price at $59 plus tax is ok during peak season but not worth any more. Don't like the fact their smallest bucket of balls is $6 for 40 balls I believe. Need a smaller bucket for warm up before a round.

christine3166224's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018

"Disappointing round"

rathke's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018

Have played this course several times like the course layout but the conditions are poor at this point in time. Bumpy greens with lots of ball marks, fairways average with cart path only on numbers 1 and 2. Then to top it all off the pace of play was dreadful at 5+ hours. Saw the Marshall on the front nine but never again after that. Pricing is high given the above items and it will be awhile before I attempt to play this course again.

"Worst experience ever"

Jeff4565428's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

Did not get a chance to play. Stonecreek and Golfnow overbooked our tee time. But yet I still got charged a fee. And since Golfnow doesn’t answer the phone and Stonecreek says it’s not there problem. So I’m hoping a negative review would get someone’s attention.

Course Layout: Poor

"great expereince"

alexxu98's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2018

Staff are very friendly. The layout of the courses are interesting. Good Value.

"Pace of play sucked!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2018
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Can't recommend a course that takes 5.5 hrs to play. The ranger was useless. We ended up quitting and the course wasnt even that crowded. This slow pace has happened before at this course.

"Lousy conditions"

Leigh2269705's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

Bring a pick ax and shovel. The “fairways” are like concrete. The greens barely have any grass on them. It’s almost impossible to read putts because you have no idea where the balls going on these bare greens. Pace of play was awful, sometimes with three groups on a par four. Ridiculous conditions. It was relatively cheap, but still not worth it because there are other courses with good deals that are in much better shape.

Course Layout: Poor

"Skip it...."

bara550's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018

Checked in as a single and asked if any earlier openings as course was crowded..."No..we are full" is what i was told...as they sent out 3somes...so they lied. pace of play horrible...2 hrs. 25 mins to complete 9 holes and i quit...every hole was backed up. No ranger on the course....many wet watered/muddy spots and they were doing construction on one hole with a backhoe near cartpath....many good courses in Phx area so skip this place.....1:50 pm tee time and 4:30 after 9 holes????? totally ridiculous and staff is not concerned....3 some they paired me with stated they would never play here again!!!

"Afternoon round."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

Love the layout. The greens were pitted with ball marks all over. The pace of play was bad. Teed off at 1:50pm and only finished 16 by dark at 6:15pm. Spoke to Marshall, but nothing was ever done to speed up play. Had 4 foursomes on a par 4 one hole.

"Recommeded but pace of play was slow"

gnrside's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

The course layout and fairways were good. The greens were of a moderate pace. Generally, I liked the course but the pace of play was slow. I was joined up to make a foursome. After 9 holes two left due to the pace of place. The third left after the 10th hole. That left me a single on a slow course between 2 foursomes.

"Stoneceek"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2018

Played at 2pm course was pretty much empty until I got to 12 then ran into a back up. Drove back to hole 1 and played front again.

Paulgroverfong's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2017

Course itself isn’t bad. Pro shop staff continues to be unfriendly and unpleasant.

When we played on 12/24, we notice the garbage situation has gotten worse( in the bushes and under the trees, some hole visible from the fairways). I wouldn’t have booked another round but unfortunately I had one more round play on 12/31.

Hole#8 right side of the fairway (halfway between tee and the green) is a giant garbage dump. Too bad , it is fun and challenging enough course. We do not recommend Stonecreek

"Oblivious golfers - You are not alone on the course"

trogersaz1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in good shape overall. The geese had their way with a few spots, but what are you going to do. That's what geese do.<br/> My only real issue was golfers who play slow and kill the round for everyone else. If you look at the score card it says quite clearly which tee you should use based on your handicap. It also clearly states how long each hole should take. So, no matter what tee you chose it should not take 5 hours to play this course. I played on a holiday so the course was short handed and there was no Ranger. But, if golfers had some courtesy or etiquette they would not forget that they are not the only people on the course. We had to skip a hole just to get past the apathetic and obliviously slow people so that we could finish before dark. Even a single who got stuck in their group bailed on them.<br/> Everything else about the course was fine. I was greeted warmly when I showed up and checked in. The fairways were in nice shape. The carts ran smooth. Greens putted nicely. I was even teamed up with some pleasant people. The issue is tourists who are indiffernt to others who are trying to enjoy their day too.

Darryl3570597's avatar