Club West Golf Club

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Championship 72 7142 yards 73.1 129
Middle 72 6537 yards 70.0 118
Other 72 6200 yards 68.6 115
Forward (W) 72 4985 yards 67.0 107

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"The course is dry"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Currently, the course conditions are very dry. The fairways and greens are extremely patchy at this time.

I talked to the staff and they stated that they will be overseeding soon. I look forward to playing this again.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 06/05/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We appreciate your patience during this transition period and we look forward to seeing you back again very soon!

"Extremely dissappointing!"

4588forever's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2017

Have played course for many years but it is now in terrible condition. The fairways are dirt, hardly any signers of grass. The greens are most all rutted & bumpy. The course is not being maintained at all! Such a shame....it used to be a beautiful course. Now it is NOT!!

Response from Club West Golf Club on 06/02/2017:

Thank you 4588forever for your review. Club West is closing for season and we hope to see you back when we open with all the new changes in place.

"Sad to see it closing"

boomer4141's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2017

I really like Club West. Sad to see it closing for the summer. I like the course layout and the staff is friendly and professional. The first 4 greens were in not that great of shape but I'm sure it had to do with the fact they are shutting down for the summer in a week. In the winter it is usually in great shape and the price is right. The pace pf place has always been decent for me.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 06/09/2017:

Thank you boomer4141 for your review and 4-stars of Club West Golf Club. We appreciate the kind words and your patience during this transition period as we work to make Club West Golf Club a better golf course for you. Please come back and see us again very soon with all the great changes!

"greens are rough"

judgemark's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This is a desert course. If you go off the fairway, you are in nasty stuff. Some nice elevated tees. Some of the greens were rough and patchy. Some of the holes should be easy pars and birdie opportunities. Some are difficult.

"needs tlc"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Too bad the group that operates this course has no idea how to operate a golf facility. They would be better off closing. Selling the property to some one who will put an honest effort into operating this great layout.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/26/2017:

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for the conditions as we are shutting down down for the summer months. We hope you will come back and see us once we reopen as you are sure to be pleasantly surprised!

odis3867949's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/26/2017:

Thank you odis for your review and feedback of our golf course. We hope to see you back again very soon!

"Played in 3.5 hours"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Fast pace of play was great. Course has seen better days but definitely playable. Staff extremely friendly

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/26/2017:

Thank you so much for your 5-star review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a good time and our staff took such good care of you . Please come back and see us again very soon!

"They paint the fairways and there s a fungus on the greens"

mckmik1963's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2017

As we drove through the housing addition you could see the fairways had been painted. Green. The Greens had also been sprayed green and had a lot of bare spots with no grass on the greens. This reminded me of the Foothills golf course a few years back when their greens also had a fungus.

I would not recommend playing the club west golf course for any price . The caddy told me the course was not being watered and they were letting it die because they had no money. The course is going to close for summer play in June.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/23/2017:

Thank you mckmik1963 for your review. We appreciate you taking the time and yes we are shutting down for the summer months. We hope to see you back again once we have put in all the wonderful changes!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017

What a shame. The greens were all ripped up and dry. The whole course was dry. So many holes and patches they sprayed it green. This used to be my favorite course. Don't think I'll be back until the water rights issue is taken care of. I got a great hot deal and even that was to much to pay for this course.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/26/2017:

Thank you for your review and we apologize for the course conditions. We are closing for the summer months and we hope to see you back again very soon once all the new changes have been implemented.

None's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you BobNygaard for your review and feedback of our golf course. We hope you had a good time on the course and please come back and see us again very soon!

"Course Needs Help!"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

While easy to play, this course needs serious help. Almost all greens were were like cement and showed various dead "dirt" patches. As for management or the owner, you need to seriously look in to either putting out the money for renovation or just shut the doors.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you so much for your review. We are currently going through some changes at the course and we appreciate your patience during this transition period. We hope you will come back and see us again very soon once all the new changes have been made!

"Club West"

beastwoo's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2017

I have played this course once before and it was in great condition about 4 or 5 years ago. I figured because the condition last time that it would be pretty close to that but the greens and a lot of the fairways were in horrible condition. I got a hot deal of 12.00 but didn't think anything of it because the other tee times were regular price. I wish they would have put a warning that there course was having issues because it's a bit of a drive to get out to this course in the Phoenix area. The staff was very friendly and the pace of play was perfect with nobody in front of us, but now I know why.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you beastwoo for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are apologize for the conditions of the course as we are under going some changes. Please come back and see us again once all the new changes have had some time to settle in.

"Not enough water"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2017

Have been a regular at Club West on a periodic basis for last 14 years. Big disappointment! Clearly, the course has had it's challenges with ownership that has translated into poor management and lack of water; however, it is at an all-time low. Feel very sorry for the homeowners in the Club West area and remain grateful that I did not purchase a home on the course. It was like hitting on concrete. Water is a real problem here and frankly it should not be. This course has so much potential (could be an amazing track)

Response from Club West Golf Club on 05/18/2017:

Thank you so much for your regiewnadn of our golf course. We apologize for the course conditions as our staff is working tirelessly to get everything back up to par. We hope you will come back and see us again very soon!

"Great coarse just needs some love"

Andy6843274's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

My title says it all . Just needs a little love. I know it has issues with water in the past but I thought it was resolved. and a Cart girl wouldn't hurt .

Response from Club West Tee Times on 05/11/2017:

We appreciate your valuable feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may had had during your round with our course conditions and off course amenities. However, we are happy to see that you had a great experience with pace of play, staff friendliness, and our course layout. We hope to see you again soon for another round.

"This course Sucks!"

NinerDyHard's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

I usely don't write bad reviews......Can't help it this time. 39.00 to play and we should of wondered why there was nobody on the tee, in the fairway.

The course is down right awful, from tee boxes to no grass in the fairways to awful greens....if that weren't enough no yardage markers and the fairways were sprayed green to give the impression of a green grassy course......I will not play that course ever again and if anyone asks I will not be nice to the course. Do not waste your money.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Club West Tee Times on 05/09/2017:

We apologize for the poor experience you had with Club West Golf Club. We assure you this is not the level we strive to achieve and will address the course conditions, and off course amenities at the course. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon to make up for this experience.

"Once again, the Foothills group is a disappointment."

SkeezyWeezle's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2017

First, let me say that I have never been a big fan of this course to begin with. The layout is not that good. The driving range has always been kind of a joke. You hit balls down into what amounts to an open desert pit. You could mostly count on decent playing surfaces on the course. This is no longer the case. The whole course is no pretty dried and hard. The fairway is still there, but is already starting to go. The greens are TORCHED.......what good is it to play a shot into the green, only to watch the putts hop around like a jumping bean? The Foothills group seems to keep all their courses in this " barely playable " condition. Enough for me.....there are too many other courses at that price that are just better.......

Response from Club West Tee Times on 05/08/2017:

"SkeezyWeezle" we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your round. We will be sure to address the course conditions and fix things accordingly. We hope to see you again for another round to make up for this experience!

"Nice staff! Poor course conditions!"

calvinspero's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2017

The staff were friendly and helpful. The greens were in terrible shape! Fairways were pretty dry. Not worth the drive out there.

Response from Club West Tee Times on 05/03/2017:

We regret to hear that the greens were not in ideal shape for your round. However, we are excited to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful for you! We hope to see you again soon for another round to make up for this experience.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

Response from Club West Tee Times on 05/03/2017:

We apologize for any poor course conditions you may have experienced. However, we are happy to see that you enjoyed the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout! We hope to see you again soon for another round.

"course is in terrible condition again."

BillToby's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2017

The course is having water issues once again. This could mean they may be shutting down play once again during the summer

Response from Club West Tee Times on 05/03/2017:

We regret to hear of the course conditions you may have experienced. We hope to see you again soon to make up for this experience.

"Ground like hitting off concrete."

jgracey5's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2017

Very slow foursome in front of us. No Ranger to keep them moving. We stopped after 3+ hour front nine.

Response from Club West Golf Club on 04/25/2017:

Thank you so much for the review and feedback of our golf course. We apologize for not having the ranger out there to keep things moving as we assure you this is not the norm. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and come back and see us again very soon!