Style Links

Foothills Golf Club offers 18 holes of golf on a golf course designed by Jay Morrish and Tom Weiskopf and built in 1988. The par-72 golf course measures 6,968 yards. Foothills Golf Club sits among the South Mountains, and features a contrast of challenge and forgiveness on a links-style course that allows golfers to play a target layout that has more than 65 bunkers that daunt, fairways that roll and desert that has a lot of rocks. The fabulous championship golf course provides the locale for all levels of golfer to shoot a memorable day of golf.

After taking in the views of the South Mountains on the Foothills Golf Club's golf course, head back to the clubhouse, for wonderful vistas of the course and the Estrella Mountain Range.

Foothills Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Greens Bermuda 328 Grass
Architect Tom Weiskopf (1988) Jay Morrish (1988)

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #21)

Fun Course

Good course. Tees fairways and greens are good. Bunkers lack sand. Rough is dormant. If you are a golf junkie you won’t mind the rough edges.

A little slow

Course is in nice shape for just off of overseeing. A little slow today though, 5 hours.

Really enjoyed playing, liked the layout and surroundings, would definitely play there again

Good condition

Cart paths only, due to over seeding, but in nice condition. Hopefully they can keep the water flowing and keep it that way.

Good conditions and making strides to improve

Played 4 days after reopening and the course was in average condition after overseed. The course has always been a well designed course and the layout is great. There are no bad holes and some real tests here.
In my opinion it went downhill a lot over the past and in the last year or two you can see that there is much improvement. I am unsure what the seeding will do, but overall the quality and playability of the course is significantly better.
The restaurant was good and the beer carts ladies were a hoot.
I recommend it for a good test and I trust that they will continue to work on it as it is a beautiful setting and very nice designed course.

Course in good shape

The course is in good condition post oversees. Fairways in good shape and greens looking good but are a bit slow at this point. Great to see the greens are now good versus the temporary greens that were being used this summer. Rough is thick and does penalize you in most cases. Pace of play was great today and staff were great. There course was cart path only as expected at this time and should continue to improve over the next couple of weeks.

Me and the Outsider service staff might have 2 different opinions of wide open course.

Upon arriving I was immediately greeted and taken care of by the Outside service staff. He came over to my car and grabbed my clubs so I could go inside to check in. Their computer system was down so I had to provide them with proof of reservation (NO Big Deal). When I got back out the outside service staff said it should be SMOOTH Sailing and you should get right around. I think he was on some sort of drug or maybe he was NEW. The pace of play was horrendous. I played maybe 2 holes before I hit the wall of Grumpy old Members. The type of members or players that dont look back, and just focus on whats ahead of them, even though they were not keeping pace with the group ahead of them. I ended having to play 1-6, skipped to 10-15, then went back to 7-9, then after that went back to complete 16-18. After the round I usually stick around but today that was happening, I was ready to get out of there. Its a good thing I had a coupon code cause if I paid anything more than what I did it wouldnt have been worth it.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we will pass along your comments about pace of play to the staff so that they can make note for your next round. We are glad to see you enjoyed the rest of your round and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Foothills Golf Club thanks you!

Good value for the rate

Fairly easy course to play, some of the fairways are really tight with houses. Luckily I never hot a house, but I heard balls hitting them real solid. For late summer in AZ the course is in good condition.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Foothills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another great round!

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thanks for leaving us a great rating and review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Foothills Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon!

Nice course.

Front nine excellent condition, back nine some holes under repair.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We will pass along your feedback to the team in charge. Thank you for playing Foothills Golf Club. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Beautiful views, competitive

Every hole is bordered by mountain views and beautiful homes. The course is in pretty good shape before and of summer in Arizona. We were surprised that there were 3 temporary greens. Other than that, greens were in excellent shape.

Quiet, beautiful place to golf.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hi! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Foothills Golf Club!

nice course - some dead areas

good course
three temporary greens but no notice anywhere on course - made club selection difficult

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 star review! We apologize for the lack of notice about the temporary greens and we will escalate your comments back to the teams in charge so that they can make note for your next visit! Thank you for playing Foothills Golf Club.

Some temporary greens (3)

Course was excellent except for the fact that there were temporary greens on 3 holes.

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Foothills Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Looking Hopeful

They are working hard to improve the conditions here. They are planting more salt tolerant grass (paspalum?) to help with their high salinity well water, new golf carts, and overall better course conditions than I've seen in a while, especially considering the "non-soon" of 2019. The greens are still a little slow after the aeration earlier this month, and three of the greens are still under repair, but another week or two when the weather breaks, the course should be primed to bounce back nicely.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi, Mike. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Foothills Golf Club!

Commented on 08/22/2019

Hello, Ron. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Foothills Golf Club!

Awesome desert course with gorgeous Mountain View’s

Awesome desert course with gorgeous Mountain View’s . Excited about playing this course again. Looking forward to the improved greens after aeration and hot summer.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, GilaHiker01! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for choosing Foothills Golf Club!

Call ahead

Greens on back nine were in terrible shape. There were a couple actually closed and temporary greens were being used.
There should be some warning about these conditions so you don’t waste your money.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hi, Steve. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. We are working to get everything up to par and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make the necessary improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Foothills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Tempe, Arizona
Laveen, Arizona
4.2619333333
Laveen, Arizona
Chandler, Arizona

Valid dates: Nov 22, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Unlimited golf for two and stay at Ritz Carlton on Dove Mountain with daily American breakfast for two at CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar.
From $1900