Style Links
The Arizona Grand Resort (formerly known as Phantom Horse Golf Club) boasts a challenging golf course, blending desert target golf with traditional links, playing par-71 over 6,336 yards, and a 7,000-square-foot practice green with a bunker and chipping area for a pre-round tune-up. After a round at Arizona Grand Resort, head to an onsite drinking or dining spot: there's Mexican food, and then there's Southwestern dancing, and then there's a sports bar so you can catch up with someone else's game indoors or outdoors on the patio. The Arizona Grand Resort also offers several packages, ranging from stay-and-play to family deals to getaways for women to romantic suite packages, complete with breakfast in bed.
Arizona Grand Golf Course
Scorecard for Arizona Grand Golf Course
Black M: 68.5/124 314 392 596 362 180 555 381 211 377 3368 379 535 124 538 157 353 325 307 202 2920 6288
Blue M: 67.0/119 295 362 536 356 162 525 372 202 369 3179 358 519 120 485 142 345 255 300 169 2693 5872
White M: 65.2/114 W: 69.9/125 278 317 499 345 137 501 345 182 341 2945 342 508 102 451 133 317 249 245 146 2493 5438
Red W: 67.0/110 232 279 433 279 106 470 293 130 255 2477 237 456 92 371 116 289 225 240 125 2151 4628

Year Built 1987
Architect Forrest Richardson (1987) Brad Bartell

We’ve played this course many times. Still one of our favorites. Last year was not so good but much better this year. Very cool day.

RUNWAY GREENS

FASTEST GREENS WEVE PLAYED IN A WHILE.MOST OF THEM ARE LIKE INVERTED SAUCERS,AS IN IF U CANT GET IT IN AND GO A BIT BY IT KEEPS ON GOING AND GOING.ALSO THEY THE GREENS WERE PUNCHED PRIOR TO OUR PLAY MAKING THEM VERY BUMPY AND UNTRUE AND NO FUN AT ALL TO PUTT ON..WE SHOUL HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THIS PRIOR TO BOOKING..GOLF NOW IS RESPONSIBLE AND IS SOLELY TO BLAME FOR THIS,NOT THE COURSE.GET WITH THE PROGRAM GOLFNOW

Challenging

If the course had a yardage book it would certainly help. Being it was the first time playing for our whole group we had no knowledge of the course layout or the best place to hit your ball, especially the tee shouts.

Ok iso

OK ish course, back nine better than front nine, poor tees off the back, with no maintinance in front making some tee shots next to impossible

Play it for sure

Great all around course. Friendly staff, first 3 holes open, then wide fairways through residential before the ending desert holes through hills with the 18th having a fantastic view of Phoenix and surrounding area. A must play course. Only negative is their warmup/practice area. Just a net, carpet pads with no toes, shabby.

Nice Course

Nice course, 4 hour round...helpful, friendly staff...need more parking...bag drop unmanned.

Nice Track

Very interesting course. Front is open with water around for errant shots. The Back is much more scenic and a little tighter. Although I didn't hit an bunkers my playing partners did and complained about the large stones in the bunkers.

The course was in good shape. The Greens were just about the perfect speed but there wasn't a straight putt on any of the greens we played. Hard to read but fair.

Yes I would play this course again.

Commented On 2019-01-28T14:39:06.000+00:00

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Beautiful picturesque back nine.

My wife and I are 18 handicappers snfound the course to be very fair. Would recommend it to all.

Commented On 2019-01-28T14:38:28.000+00:00

Thank you for the great recommendation! We are so glad that you enjoyed your day at Arizona Grand, please come back and see us again next month.

Five hours !

Loved the course first two times I played it..... two distinctly different nines. But..... a five hour round, turns any good course, into a real piece of work. Guys we were playing with, were really bummed, I’m from Canada where it’s snowing.... I had fun, but still an hour too long.

Commented On 2019-01-28T14:37:35.000+00:00

Thank you for the review, we apologize if the pace of play was less than par on this specific day. We will take a look and see if there was anything else that could of been done. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Arizona Grand 2019

I have played this course for the last 4 years that I have come Down here for a winter break. It has always been in very good shape and the layout is lots of fun. Had my best round during this stay today! Pace was quite slow though had a very in experienced 4 some in front and the round turned into close to 5 hrs

Commented On 2019-01-28T14:36:01.000+00:00

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the feedback about the slow play on this specific day, we will take a look and see if there was anything else that could of been done. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Course is in great shape. Tee boxes are tricky as there are no markers on the cart path. A rock painted the color of the tee box would be great. Also as a first time player better signage as to the location of the next tee would be helpful.... there are lots of forks in the path??? Last thing which is a tad weird, nine and 18 dont end at the club house. So dont expect a snack and bathroom break at the turn. To get back to the clubhouse after 18 you have to drive back about 3 holes. They did have a beverage cart however. No womens wear in the pro shop and no one takes your clubs to the front of the resort for pick up.

Commented On 2019-01-28T14:33:41.000+00:00

Thank you for the honest review, we will take a closer look at our signage and see if there is anything that can be done to help the situation. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Nice course. Nice location

Great course. Excellent setting at Arizona Grand Resort with excellent amenities. Front nine a little noisy as it is bordered a busy freeway/streets, but back nine very picturesque winding around South Mountain. Course is not too long and good for recreational golfer.

Commented On 2019-01-24T18:07:33.000+00:00

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback regarding the resort and our excellent amenities that we offer. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Commented On 2019-01-15T20:05:30.000+00:00

Thank you for the 5-Star review!

Snowbird golf

Very welcoming staff. We have played this course several times when we come to Phoenix from Wisconsin. Nice layout and scoreable if you play smart tee shots especially on the short par fours.

Commented On 2019-01-15T21:03:46.000+00:00

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4-stars! We aim for a 5 star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Arizona Grand!

Great views but some LOUSY HOLES

Several of the holes are just down right awful. From a friendly staff I was instructed on 4th hole to play the ball to the right away from the water due to the slope of the fairway. I took this advice on this and several other holes, but even with the advice and a good shot, the ball still rolled into the pond/water OB. The design of these holes was so bad that a reasonably good golfer still has trouble scoring. That combined with cart path only and a paranoia of frost that delayed the tee times nearly 45 minutes 3 days in a row, make this course very Undesirable in my mind. The really nice staff and few holes that offer great city views don't overcome the start of the course. Most persons complain about "target" golf, but that doesn't bother me. I expected typical desert golf, but this layout goes beyond this on several holes, making the entire round not worth it. I played Legacy, and Lookout Mountain Courses while here and would definitely recommend both of those courses before I would even consider playing here again.

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:16:06.000+00:00

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. . We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Arizona Grand, we hope to see you again soon.

Course is in great condidtion. Pace of play was not slow by any means which was great. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Commented On 2019-01-15T20:05:19.000+00:00

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the kind words and are so glad that the pace of play was up to par today.

awesome course to play

Perfect conditions both with the fairways and the greens. A lot of narrow landing areas on the fairways and elevated greens to hit into. Low handicap golfers will love the challenge but it may be too though for the high handicapper. Greens were usually sloped and very fast so proper ball position is important. Love the round and will certainly play it again!

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:06:38.000+00:00

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

Better Courses to play in Arizona

Avid golfer, Spend 1 week vacations in Phoenix area 2-3 times a year always play different courses to get a favorites list. The Grand doesn't make the list. Not that it's a horrible course but nothing about it makes me want to play it again. Course was in decent shape, best part about it was the greens (very good shape I thought). I didn't care for the course layout, bunkers had rock pebbles in them, and 5+ hour round. I was excited that the tee time purchased included range balls, Showed up early to get a few swings in felt like I was back in college preparing for baseball game the range consisted of what look like a batting cage with five or six stations to hit from and 50 or 60 balls laying in the cage. . Practice green was a postage stamp with three holes. Price was good, looks great when you drive up, but alI down hill for me after that. There are better places to play in the area.

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:06:19.000+00:00

Thank you, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Arizona Grand Golf Course, we hope to see you again in the future.

4.0220058824