Type Public/Municipal
Style Links
Antelope Hills Golf Course-South

Year Built 1992
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Gary Panks (1992)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA Welcomed
Dress code No tank tops or cutoffs.

Bar, Grill

Banquet Facilities

Pace!!!!!

This a fairly decent municipal course, but the pace of play makes the cost not worth the value. Having “five-somes” mixed in with older players (not an issue normally), and amateurs all over the course really slows down the any tempo or rhythm. The prices have gone way up over the last few years but the demand is obviously still there. Just very frustrating when there are 4 groups on one hole....even had 3 on one tee box at one point.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for playing and sharing your review. We appreciate your feedback and use it to get better. We hope to see you again!

Commented on 10/19/2020

Commented on 09/29/2020

Thank you for playing and sharing your review. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon. : )

Commented on 09/29/2020

Tee times vs. tournament players

We had a tee time at 8:45. The course had a tournament start right after us and the whole time those players pressured us and some even tried to get mouthy with us while trying to tell us that we were out of place. We golf at a slower pace as we had a beginner with us. We let foursomes play through as we should have, they golfed better...well faster. Golfing here was not enjoyable one bit due too the tournament players they were rude.

Commented on 10/08/2020

Speed it up. If you have a tournament pressuring you you’re playing way too slow. Usually tournaments are slower than regular play. Speed up!!

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that it was less that an ideal experience. We'd love to have to try us out again.

Please UPGRADE

The sand traps are a disaster and need a tremendous upgrade in order for the course to become above PAR.
Also, I’m disappointed in the time allowed for a round of golf. Serious consideration must be given for a cadre of Course Rangers to be employed for a more realistic golfing experience.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback.

South Course

I have friend that are learning. The South course is a little easier then the North Course plus usually less crowded. Most holes have straight fairways and wide. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for sharing your review and feedback. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

A Must When in Prescott

I received a voucher to play Antelope Hills while attending a GolfFest in Mesa. I pushed it all the way to the expiration date. I golf with a 20 +/-
Handicap.
This course is amazing, perfect day about 82°. I played the south course as recommended by the pro shop. Fairway was cut perfectly as well as the greens. Ofcourse the rough is a difficult lie for beginners. There are a couple of things that could aggravate a person 1. there is an airfield right by the course and old WWII planes fly out of there and it is loud 2. Cartpath is dirt. Those factors didn't bother me, but I know some folks personally that wouldn't care for the noise or lack of concrete path.
The wife and I had a great experience and plan on returning to play the north course.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Thank you playing and sharing your review. We appreciate your support and feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/04/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you back soon. Happy Golfing!

Surprisingly good muni.

My wife and I very much enjoyed this course. Good overall grass quality, good greens, good bunkers. Amenities cart came around twice even on a Wednesday. And we were never held up.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you so much for your 4 star review. We appreciate your support and look forward t seeing you again soon.

Nice course and very friendly

Wife and I played here for first time and will be back, nice course and they know the value of friendliness, thank you

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We appreciate your support and look forward t seeing you again soon.

Horrid Pace of Play

I’ve played Antelope Hills at least 14 times in the past several years during our annual June trip to Prescott.
Each year it seems the Golf Course Management is becoming more interested in maximizing filling tee box usage capacity than providing players with a good round experience.

When we played Sunday, 31 May 2020 as a 2-some, there was a 5-some in front of us. Never once asked us to go through. We waited 5-10 minutes on every hole every shot. There was a Ranger who stopped by to “chat” with them for 5 minutes on one of Par 3 tee box. When it was our turn on the tee box, I asked the Ranger why they were allowing 5-some groups on the Course. He said it’s allowed. They don’t show up on the tee-sheet (max is 4), but after they pay the Pro-shop they can form their own groupings. On this very same day, we saw at least three other 5-some players in front of them, one even walking. Who knows how many others are out there on the two Course, North and South. The Ranger said it was not against their Policy to allow players to form their own 5-some pairings. As a note, there were three 2-some players behind us. We asked the group behind us to join us but declined they wanted to just play “casual “ golf, I.e. hit several balls.
We should have finished in less than 4 hours, it took us 5 1/2 hours on the round.
Beware of long rounds Management allows 5-some groupings. And no required pairing of 2-some. Just been forewarned.

Commented on 06/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share review and comment on your experience. We will address your feedback with our team in order to help solve the issues that you brought up. Thank you!

Always a good course

This is the third time I have played Antelope Hills. The first time was when I just began playing and it made me want to get better because some of the holes just have a fun layout. Brought my dad this time and he loved it, wants to come back and play the north course. If you want a good course you can score on but with a little danger, this is perfect. Had great chances to try and have a long drive competition with friends and very green every time I have played it.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Than you for the 5 star review and feedback. It's great to hear stories like yours. We look forward to seeing you and your family and friends out again soon.

Commented on 03/09/2020

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice start

This was a good place for me to have a few rounds on my way to Phoenix. I haven’t golfed since Fall

Commented on 02/24/2020

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Prescott Valley, Arizona