TPC Scottsdale - The Stadium Course

Designed by Jay Morrish and Tom Weiskopf, The Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale was purpose-built to host the PGA Tour's Phoenix Open, and it has done so since 1987. Designed with high drama in mind, the venue is well known as one of the most exciting and fan-friendly in all of golf, which includes a thrilling finishing stretch that begins with the risk-reward 15th hole. The course plays to over 7,200 yards from the tournament tees, but golfers who play the course during their Arizona golf vacation will find the layout has more forgiving fairways than many other area desert courses. The TPC experience includes one of the most encompassing practice areas in the destination, as well as grand clubhouse that includes the Toro Restaurant and Rum Bar. TPC Scottsdale is also home to the Champions Course, which plays out of a separate facility nearby.
The Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale
Championship 71 7261 yards 74.7 142
Players 71 6614 yards 71.5 131
Resort 71 6110 yards 68.4 123
Resort (W) 71 6110 yards 75.9 141
Forward 71 5464 yards 70.8 122
Scorecard for Stadium
Championship M: 74.7/142 403 442 558 183 470 432 215 475 453 3631 428 472 192 558 490 553 163 332 442 3630 7261
Players M: 71.5/131 355 410 530 157 417 386 188 445 405 3293 402 446 170 508 461 498 140 294 402 3321 6614
Resort M: 68.4/123 W: 75.9/141 339 386 510 141 373 348 164 418 381 3060 373 416 149 482 426 459 119 255 371 3050 6110
Forward W: 70.8/122 314 357 470 114 350 316 138 322 334 2715 342 379 122 454 401 407 98 228 318 2749 5464

Year Built 1986
Fairways TiffDwarf Grass
Greens TiffDwarf Grass
Architect Tom Weiskopf (2014) Jay Morrish (1986) Tom Weiskopf (1986)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes
Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

• Golf Advisor: Ginella's Top 50 U.S. Courses You Can Play (2016 #31)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #20)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2017 #43) (2015 #35)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Arizona (2017 #5) (2016 #20) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #19)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 26

TPC Scottsdale Stadium was great!

The Stadium course was in great shape. GolfNow service incorrectly canceled my earlier tee time. When I rebooked by GolfNow suggestion, I was charged $40 more and an hour later. The staff at the course explained that they were expecting me but GolfNow often makes these changes on their own. I doubt if I will use GolfNow any time soon.

Great staff at a great course

Came down to AZ for a wedding and wanted to use the opportunity to try and squeeze in a round at the iconic course. The course definitely met our expectations, great layout, beautiful conditions, and an extremely helpful staff. They even went above and beyond to help us get our round finished with enough time to make it to the wedding on time. If you have the ability I would definitely recommend booking a round to go play where the pros play.

Everything a day of golf should be

The course was everything I expected it to be. Fantastic day of golf. Course was in fantastic shape. Pace of play was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful from the beginning. First class golf experience from start to finish

Fun golf course

First time playing I really enjoyed it. It’s challenging but you can also shoot well. I was only in two of them but the bunkers are pretty awesome. The greens and the rest of the course was also in great shape. Staff was very friendly. I will definitely be going back. Others say there’s better courses to play in the area but except for a couple of boulders and a monument I enjoyed this one more.

I played at the beginning of Aug. and they had closed the course for work and had recently reopened. Fairways were in better shape than many most courses this time of year. The tee boxes and greens were incredible. Just what you would expect from a PGA course. You have to pay attention to the bunker placement or they will come in to play. If you do end up in one, you’ll get a feel for the beautiful white sand and appreciate a real sand bunker. That’s a good thing.

You're Paying For The Name

The course was in very poor condition and the price to play this course is not worth it. There are many courses in the valley that are 1/3 the price and have better conditions. The fairways are about 40% dirt/hard pack due to turf loss from the heat. The greens and tee boxes are in good shape as are the sand traps. As far as the positives; the course seems to play longer than the yardage indicates, the greens were true and rolled at the perfect speed. If I were to play this course again, I would not play in the summer, but rather in the fall or spring.

Play where the pros play

Enjoyed playing the Stadium course & playing the holes you see on TV during the WMO coverage.

Second time playing the course, but first time in the summer. Definitely plays a lot easier without the long roughs, Bermuda rough was not much of a penalty. Greens were still in good shape. Thoroughly enjoyed it and summer rates make it more affordable.

Many fairways are in terrible shape

At a high price point you expect a certain minimum level of course conditions even in phoenix in the summer, the stadium course failed to deliver. The greens bunkers and practice facility were perfect, however the fairways were bare to the fried flaky soil in many places and in others they were a soggy mess. Several areas had lengths of hose and several sprinklers stretched out across spots and even a key landing zone. A few holes 15 and 18 in particular, had such poor green surround conditions, i just elected to putt with a hybrid instead of trying to chip off of hard-pan or muddy soup. Total bummer for such a top tier course to be played like that.

Play Where The Pros Play

Was a good experience to play where they have the Waste Management. Tees, greens, and bunkers were good but fairways weren’t good. Lot of the fairways were bare and the grass was burned. Kind of disappointed for the price.

Somewhat disappointing

I was incredibly hyped to play this course while in town but was somewhat let down. Aside from very intriguing green complexes and a solid closing nine this course isn’t exactly inspiring. That’s a huge testament to the broadcast crews for the WM as they make this course look incredibly more intriguing than it is. I’m not saying it’s a bad course, but I think it’s certainly over-hyped. This is a come play it once to say you did course but that’s about it. Granted, I played in their off season. I tend to use a barometer of “could I be a member here and only play this course” when evaluating golf courses and when it came to TPC Stadium that answer was a no in my eyes. Phoenix has much better options to play in the area.

Want a golf experience

I have played the course over 6 times and I think it’s a very exciting experience to play the course the pros play. My only complaint is it’s very expensive and in the Arizona area there are more then a dozen less expensive and better courses so if you want the experience of playing where the pro’s play hit TPC if you want to save some money play, Boulders, Grayhawk, Troon north or Quintero...all great courses and cheaper then TPC.

First hole in one

exciting to get my first hole in one here at #4

Beautiful Course

Troon North Monument Course was in beautiful shape. Greens were fast but ran true, Organized an outing with a group from Denver and everyone loved the course. Lost a number of balls. Incredible views of the valley.

Fantastic experience to see where the pros can hit the ball to.

Great day of golf. The fire caddy was very helpful but a bit surprising for me as I did not know we would get one. It meant an extra expense.

Always a fun venue to play. Great course, great staff.

Weather

Coarse was in awesome shape. Staff was great. Cost had more than doubled since last time I played. It was super cold and windy with a frost delay so it was slow lots of waiting which equaled stiff muscles and miserable conditions.

Minnesota Advisor

One more off the bucket list!

This course was awesome. The whole experience was great. I have looked forward to playing this course for a long time and finally got there. Even better, it was set up for the WM PHX open, which makes you feel like you are on the tour yourself. Its quite the time playing a course with bleachers everywhere, I really enjoyed it and it kept me sharp. They had the course tuned up, the WM open is in 2 weeks, our caddie Troy (who was awesome and very informative) told us this would be a very tough track due to the tournament being so soon. The rough was extremely thick, greens were rolling close to 12 and pin placement on this particular day was very challenging. The tee boxes were perfect, and it has my favorite bunkers I have ever played on, its like playing in sugar. I felt like I was at Augusta with that sand. The course is long and the bunkers will make you pay if you don't hit it in the fairway. Clubhouse was great, very cool pro shop and restaurant, the driving range was minimized for the tournament but it was still very nice. I wasn't sure about having a caddy, I can't say I wanted a caddy but I ended up really enjoying it. He made the experience that much more fun, he gave great advice and helped a lot with shot placement. This is an extremely expensive round of golf, but it is one you really should play if in the area. It was on my bucket list and I now have it checked off! Also, 16 is really special with the stands up. I can see it being kind of boring without them but if you get the chance to play around tournament time, you should. It was a very, very cool experience envisioning being booed by everyone (lol). I loved it, I recommend playing here and absolutely will be back for more.

All about the experience

It's an absolute treat to play a course with all the PGA tournament extras set-up. With sponsor logo's abound, ground microphones implanted, bleachers, and pavilions all made for a unique opportunity to take advantage of, and all this really made the round. Although I don't profess to being a great golfer, I found the course to be VERY playble with your faith in your own hands. There are no surprises on this course and the layout is there for your taking. Each hole presents itself as straight forward and get-able. Keeping in mind it was 2 weeks before the WM open, the conditions were immaculate, to say perfect would not be an over statement. The greens despite being faster than average, were ultimately consistent and a pleasure to play on. I couldn't see myself playing this course without the WM open tournament facilities, definitely the time to play is with that set-up. The service staff were quite organized, keeping track of who was who as to recognize each guest by name. I told my name to one staff member, and after that they all knew my name, it was good communication on their part and a very great aspect to the day.

Read your own putts!

Had a really pleasant round, good pairing, weather was perfect 75 and sunny. Course was set up for Waste Management tournament so we played in and around the pavilions. Made it rather interesting. Pace of play was good but the marshal kept asking us to close up the gap in front of us. The thing was, the gap existed when we teed off; we never saw the group in front of us. Plus, the group behind us was on the tee when we were on the green of most holes. Don't know what the marshal's problem was. The caddy was a pleasant guy, but he gave me a couple of really bad reads on putts, so from that point on I just used my own judgment. Maybe he was new? All in all a good experience to do once every ten years, but it's way overpriced for the level of the experience. The people in the pro shop were excellent...very friendly.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
4.0392058824