Style Desert

Designed by Jay Morrish and Tom Weiskopf, The Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale was purpose-built to host the PGA Tour's Phoenix Open, and it has done so since 1987. Designed with high drama in mind, the venue is well known as one of the most exciting and fan-friendly in all of golf, which includes a thrilling finishing stretch that begins with the risk-reward 15th hole. The course plays to over 7,200 yards from the tournament tees, but golfers who play the course during their Arizona golf vacation will find the layout has more forgiving fairways than many other area desert courses. The TPC experience includes one of the most encompassing practice areas in the destination, as well as grand clubhouse that includes the Toro Restaurant and Rum Bar. TPC Scottsdale is also home to the Champions Course, which plays out of a separate facility nearby.

The Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale
Championship 71 7261 yards 74.7 142
Players 71 6614 yards 71.5 131
Resort 71 6110 yards 68.4 123
Resort (W) 71 6110 yards 75.9 141
Forward 71 5464 yards 70.8 122
Scorecard for Stadium
Championship M: 74.7/142 403 442 558 183 470 432 215 475 453 3631 428 472 192 558 490 553 163 332 442 3630 7261
Players M: 71.5/131 355 410 530 157 417 386 188 445 405 3293 402 446 170 508 461 498 140 294 402 3321 6614
Resort M: 68.4/123 W: 75.9/141 339 386 510 141 373 348 164 418 381 3060 373 416 149 482 426 459 119 255 371 3050 6110
Forward W: 70.8/122 314 357 470 114 350 316 138 322 334 2715 342 379 122 454 401 407 98 228 318 2749 5464

Year Built 1986
Fairways TiffDwarf Grass
Greens TiffDwarf Grass
Architect Tom Weiskopf (2014) Jay Morrish (1986) Tom Weiskopf (1986)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes
Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 27

Disappointed in Scottsdale

Group of 4 buddies on our annual golf weekend came to Scottsdale to play the famed TPC Scottsdale. It was the 3rd and final round of the weekend. We hoped to save the best for last. Boy, were we disappointed. Fairways were punched, soaking wet/mushy and thin everywhere. Greens were perfect, running at 10-11 and rolled true. However, it's a great layout. We played 2 courses prior and both were in fantastic shape, plush fairways, great greens. So we know it wasn't weather conditions that were the problem. Staff asked how we enjoyed our round (as every course does) but they were dismissive, uninterested and flat out angry when we answered their question. Overall a poor experience. Just and FYI. One golfer is a 2.3 HC, and another is 4.5.

Pretty cool to play where the pros play

Nice course; friendly staff, nice layout. Good conditions. Way over priced!!

Windy windy day made this tough course even tougher. Greens are very challenging. Nice staff. Very helpful. Needed a ranger as group in front of us was playing like the were the last group at the WM Phoenix Open on Sunday! We got ahead of them at the turn but their slow play cost us two holes at the end of the day due to darkness. I enjoyed this course.

My first time playing the course. Great shape, great fore caddie and friendly staff. Conditions were perfect.

Nice but way overpriced

Not an exceptional golf course. It's no TPC Stadium La Quinta by any stretch but its wide open little trouble straight forward layout may be appealing for some. No doubt it's good for a PGA tour event.

Love this course!

Staff treats you like a pro. First time playing after the Open. Still had some grandstands up. Greens rolled great and fast. Played tips and course offered its challenges from there. Course was in great shape.

Great TPC course

From the minute I arrived at TPC Scottsdale the staff was friendly and inviting. Had breakfast to start which was delicious, did some shopping in the Proshop, and then headed to the range.

The starter at #1 gave tips on the course and the group headed out to play. The grandstands were already up and the course was in tournament condition already. The entire golf course was fantastic but of course the stand out was from 15 to 18. Once you’re on the tee at 15 you can see the arena at 16 which makes you start thinking about that hole immediately. After walking through the tunnel onto 16 which I have to say is a pretty neat experience you were greeted by a short par three. The drivable par 4 17th is my fav on the course. My group played from two up and I drove the 17th with my 3wood. For a true test play 18 from the back tees which we did not do but should’ve.

Great course and definitely a must play when in Scottsdale

Spectacular...absolutely perfect

We had a perfect day here. Tom was our forecaddie and was just wonderful. He made me and my 20 year-old son, who'd never played with a caddie, extremely comfortable. The course was in the process of being set up for the Wast Management, so it felt cool playing with all the grandstands up, especially the 16th hole. Of course, it's expensive, but if you can play this course under the same conditions I played it, I'd recommend it to anyone. Definitely in my top 5 played list.

Stunning views. Hidden fees.

This course has stunning views. The course was in great shape, although it was cart path only and we weren't informed of that until check.in. We were also not informed of mandatory use of a caddie until check in either with tipping being $25 per person.. Not a big fan of hidden fees, let the consumer know about the "extras when booking.
Had a good caddie, who was polite and knowledgeable.
Another check off the bucket list...

TPC Scottsdale Stadium was great!

The Stadium course was in great shape. GolfNow service incorrectly canceled my earlier tee time. When I rebooked by GolfNow suggestion, I was charged $40 more and an hour later. The staff at the course explained that they were expecting me but GolfNow often makes these changes on their own. I doubt if I will use GolfNow any time soon.

Great staff at a great course

Came down to AZ for a wedding and wanted to use the opportunity to try and squeeze in a round at the iconic course. The course definitely met our expectations, great layout, beautiful conditions, and an extremely helpful staff. They even went above and beyond to help us get our round finished with enough time to make it to the wedding on time. If you have the ability I would definitely recommend booking a round to go play where the pros play.

Everything a day of golf should be

The course was everything I expected it to be. Fantastic day of golf. Course was in fantastic shape. Pace of play was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful from the beginning. First class golf experience from start to finish

Fun golf course

First time playing I really enjoyed it. It’s challenging but you can also shoot well. I was only in two of them but the bunkers are pretty awesome. The greens and the rest of the course was also in great shape. Staff was very friendly. I will definitely be going back. Others say there’s better courses to play in the area but except for a couple of boulders and a monument I enjoyed this one more.

I played at the beginning of Aug. and they had closed the course for work and had recently reopened. Fairways were in better shape than many most courses this time of year. The tee boxes and greens were incredible. Just what you would expect from a PGA course. You have to pay attention to the bunker placement or they will come in to play. If you do end up in one, you’ll get a feel for the beautiful white sand and appreciate a real sand bunker. That’s a good thing.

You're Paying For The Name

The course was in very poor condition and the price to play this course is not worth it. There are many courses in the valley that are 1/3 the price and have better conditions. The fairways are about 40% dirt/hard pack due to turf loss from the heat. The greens and tee boxes are in good shape as are the sand traps. As far as the positives; the course seems to play longer than the yardage indicates, the greens were true and rolled at the perfect speed. If I were to play this course again, I would not play in the summer, but rather in the fall or spring.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC