TPC Scottsdale - The Stadium Course

GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes
Simulator: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirt required, no denim
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Championship 71 7261 yards 74.7 142
Players 71 6614 yards 71.5 131
Resort 71 6110 yards 68.4 123
Resort (W) 71 6110 yards 75.9 141
Forward 71 5464 yards 70.8 122

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for a bucket list/top 100 pick advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"One more off the bucket list!"

Ienjoygolfing75's avatar
Minnesota Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2018
First time playing Used cart

This course was awesome. The whole experience was great. I have looked forward to playing this course for a long time and finally got there. Even better, it was set up for the WM PHX open, which makes you feel like you are on the tour yourself. Its quite the time playing a course with bleachers everywhere, I really enjoyed it and it kept me sharp. They had the course tuned up, the WM open is in 2 weeks, our caddie Troy (who was awesome and very informative) told us this would be a very tough track due to the tournament being so soon. The rough was extremely thick, greens were rolling close to 12 and pin placement on this particular day was very challenging. The tee boxes were perfect, and it has my favorite bunkers I have ever played on, its like playing in sugar. I felt like I was at Augusta with that sand. The course is long and the bunkers will make you pay if you don't hit it in the fairway. Clubhouse was great, very cool pro shop and restaurant, the driving range was minimized for the tournament but it was still very nice. I wasn't sure about having a caddy, I can't say I wanted a caddy but I ended up really enjoying it. He made the experience that much more fun, he gave great advice and helped a lot with shot placement. This is an extremely expensive round of golf, but it is one you really should play if in the area. It was on my bucket list and I now have it checked off! Also, 16 is really special with the stands up. I can see it being kind of boring without them but if you get the chance to play around tournament time, you should. It was a very, very cool experience envisioning being booed by everyone (lol). I loved it, I recommend playing here and absolutely will be back for more.

"All about the experience"

MountainHip's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2018

It's an absolute treat to play a course with all the PGA tournament extras set-up. With sponsor logo's abound, ground microphones implanted, bleachers, and pavilions all made for a unique opportunity to take advantage of, and all this really made the round. Although I don't profess to being a great golfer, I found the course to be VERY playble with your faith in your own hands. There are no surprises on this course and the layout is there for your taking. Each hole presents itself as straight forward and get-able. Keeping in mind it was 2 weeks before the WM open, the conditions were immaculate, to say perfect would not be an over statement. The greens despite being faster than average, were ultimately consistent and a pleasure to play on. I couldn't see myself playing this course without the WM open tournament facilities, definitely the time to play is with that set-up. The service staff were quite organized, keeping track of who was who as to recognize each guest by name. I told my name to one staff member, and after that they all knew my name, it was good communication on their part and a very great aspect to the day.

"Read your own putts!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2018

Had a really pleasant round, good pairing, weather was perfect 75 and sunny. Course was set up for Waste Management tournament so we played in and around the pavilions. Made it rather interesting. Pace of play was good but the marshal kept asking us to close up the gap in front of us. The thing was, the gap existed when we teed off; we never saw the group in front of us. Plus, the group behind us was on the tee when we were on the green of most holes. Don't know what the marshal's problem was. The caddy was a pleasant guy, but he gave me a couple of really bad reads on putts, so from that point on I just used my own judgment. Maybe he was new? All in all a good experience to do once every ten years, but it's way overpriced for the level of the experience. The people in the pro shop were excellent...very friendly.

"A special round in the Stadium"

JasonDeeganGA's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

They say The Masters doesn't start until the back nine on Sunday. The same theory applies here - your round doesn't really begin until the four-hole finishing stretch. That's when a series of half-par holes transforms just another TPC layout into a fun adventure. The mixture of tees makes it interesting for everybody from the pros to the amateurs. When the Stadium is erected in January for the Waste Management Phoenix Open, there is no better round in the Arizona desert. Playing no. 16 with all those empty seats surrounding you is a surreal moment. Teeing it up on No. 17 is just as cool because everybody goes for the green on the short par 4. The final hole gets a little wacky with a church pew bunker and water up the left side, but again, all those seats keeps the juices flowing. As unique a round as I've had in a long time.

"bucket list"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/02/2018
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

had Mike for a caddy he did a great job the day just flew by played in 4 hours 20 minutes course was in great shape

lchaparro22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

Commented on 12/28/2017

Shared on Instagram. Do you have a handle? Thanks!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/24/2017

"Outstanding course with memorable holes"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2017

Thanks to Golf Now I was able to afford to play this PGA course. It was a great experience. The course has a number of memorable holes (par 3 #16 for sure) that will be fun to watch the professionals play on Tv and say that I was there. Course was very playable from the resort tees (6200 yards) and made it fun to play. Caddie was great as he knew the greens and was a wealth of knowledge. Can’t afford to play is all the time but for one round - it was great.

"Great experience, nice course, but..."

jz5w63's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

Enjoyed playing this course immensely. The layout and views were great. The greens are very large and flat and quite easy to read. What you saw you got! The fairways and the rough were lush due to overseeding and lots of watering. However, there was not much sand in the bunkers (just a thin coating over hard stuff) and greens were very firm and not holding that well much as you would see on a high traffic public course. They were in preparation for January's Waste Management PGA tournament so traps and greens were not ready and there was lots of construction with the construction of the bleachers going on. Our assigned caddy was superb!

"Extra fun during tournament set up"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

This is a premium course at a premium price but really fun as the spectator stands are being constructed for the WM Open. The 16th hole is particularly great since you are in the stadium as the tour players will be. One drawback is cart path only until Feb 5 but with a fore caddy things went pretty well. Not sure I would pay the full price but deals can usually be found if you are flexible.

"Pace of Play is Problematic"

emj12866's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/23/2017

The only reason why this course is receiving two stars is because of staff members Taylor and Corby. Taylor agreed to move our tee time up so that we would be able to finish before dark; at the range Corby pointed out the new tee time required a forecaddie, which we did not want or need. Taylor came down and it was agreed we would go out ten minutes later...a one hour open block of time with no other golfers booked. Sweet!

(Keep this in mind - all groups ahead of us had a forecaddie for every two players.)

And then it started going downhill. The pace of play management was absolutely horrible! By the time we made the turn, there were three - yes, three! - groups waiting on the box. Being ever the optimist, we patiently (or not so much) wait. At this point the entire rhythm of the game is shot to smitherenes and we sat for so long between shots that we were frustrated. As we finished 13, there were now four groups waiting on 14. Oh, heck no! We are done with this BS and head back to the clubhouse.

As we pass the groups we notice that while the lead group on 14 is just approaching the green, the group on 15 is also approaching and the group on 16 is replacing the pin. How in the world does this happen - ESPECIALLY when there are fore caddies?! For a world renown TPC course, this is absolutely unacceptable. For a round of golf that can go for more than $200, it is insulting.

When I voiced my complaint to the manager in the pro shop, his repeated parroted response was, "I'm sorry you did not have an enjoyable experience."

Don't spend money here just because it is a designated TPC or because No. 16 gets you all misty eyed when watching a tournament on television. Those are the only two things this highly overrated course has to offer.

"Great. Course & staff Players with later tee times jumped across to finish 15 -18 before dark"

littlejimmy6952's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2017

1:40 tee time we did not finish

Later tee times jumped a lot of holes and got in front of us to golf 15, 16, 17, & 18 the better holes

The pace of play was great until then

Had a long wait after that!!!!!

"TPC Scottsdale"

Twelvester's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

Course was in great shape. Only negative is that it is cart path only unnecessarily. Pace of play is very slow as a result.

"Awesome Course, disappointing Smal things"

markrundle's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

Of course at TPC Scottsdale you are going to expect a beautiful and challenging course, and that it was you got. That said, it the was little things such as no range balls and we showed up an hour early to hit a few before our round. We teed off at 1:50 assuming plenty of time to fish out round and as of 16, we couldn't see our balk anymore it had got so dark - TPC, you should let us know we won't get 18 on - can blame them completely though, the group ahead put us behind 25 mins through 9 holes at which groups behind us were pushing on us, but we had no where to go and we didn't see a Marshall the entire round. The staff was great, pro shop crew were accommodating - would I play there again, probably not only because $225CAD is quite a bit for a course - been there, done that now.

"My favourite so far"

Plasse's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2017

They are preparing for the wm and even that ad to the experience

I tried to find flaws

Didn’t happen

One less in my bucket list

I might leave it there and come back

Sorry for my English

I’m French speaking

"Dessert Gem"

MastersChamp2's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2017

This is an incredible place to play. Every hole is so unique and wonderfully designed. The course had been recently overseeded so the greens were rolling a little slower than i would have liked. But, it was just a wonderful experience playing a course that the best players in the world have played on. The best part was getting to hole 16. At the time I played, the course had already put up about 70% of the grandstands and I now know that 16 is a lot more difficult than it appears on television.

"Great experience"

Kelsey07's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

This was one of the best golf experiences I have had.

"Every thing I expected"

HJBoice's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2017

First time playing and everything I expected. The staff was excellent and treated us as members. Course was in great shape, greens fast and true. Look forward to playing it again.

Brad5361900's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

"A Great Track"

uWUEV8442WU's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017

Thoroughly enjoy plating this course from the time of arrival until the final putt. The staff are super friendly and go out of their to assist. The course was in perfect shape and setup up for all level of golfers based on the tee block chosen. This was the second time playing the Stadium course and can't wait for the opportunity to play it again.