Style Traditional

The Phoenician Golf Club reopened in the fall of 2018 after a massive redesign and renovation by Scottsdale-based architect Phil Smith. The new 18-hole layout replaces the original 27-hole routing. Every hole is new, featuring TifEagle grass greens and tees, fairways and rough that are 419 Bermuda grass. The golf shop has been expanded as well, and the Club Car golf carts have been outfitted with the "Shark Experience" - a new golf technology with a high-definition touch screen and built-in speakers for playing music and watching live sports, news and entertainment, along with GPS yardage.

The Phoenician Golf Club

Year Built 1981
Fairways 419 Bermuda
Greens TiffEagle Grass

Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared shirt and bermuda shorts required. No denim.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #15)

Entertaining Clients 79

Beautiful course. Great playability.

What a great afternoon. The staff was top notch. The course was immaculate. And it's just challenging enough to make a day of it.

Best golf experience

I took my brother from out of town.
He said, even before we started, one of the picture perfect courses he had ever seen.
Thin we played. We felt guilty for taking a golf swing.
Course conditions were perfect.
Great day!

Commented on 01/31/2020

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We really appreciate the feedback and are so glad to hear you had a great time! Come back and play again soon!

Commented on 12/30/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are so glad to see you had a great experience here. Come back and play again soon!

Beautiful Course

My daughter and I enjoyed the course, conditions, staff and scenery are all amazing!

Commented on 12/30/2019

Thank you for the 4 star review! We are so happy to hear you and your daughter had a wonderful time! Come back and play again soon!

A Tale off Two Nines

Played on a Sunday afternoon during a winter getaway. Staff was incredibly friendly. Every need was an easy ask. Course in beautiful shape.

Front nine was relatively flat and desert style though you could miss a bit and survive. Back nine saw a steady climb into the stratosphere with the mountains on one side and the cityscape in the other lending a panoramic wrapper to the round.

Greens were consistently tough with several multi tiered and plenty of undulations.

If you can’t enjoy this course, you really should re-think what you’re looking for in a track.

Sidebar: If you’re thinking about Padre and/or Ambiente, save yourself the time and money and come here; there’s no comparison.

Commented on 12/18/2019

Thank you for your 4 star review! We really appreciate the feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the course an experience. Come back and play again soon!

Upgraded Course

Since reopening after a redesign that reduced the total number of holes from 27 to 18 the Phoenician has been in very good shape and the new layout is very good. The conditioning in early December was solid with greens a bit on the slow side but the overseed course wide including rough has a nice look to it. The layout has some unmatchable views for being so close to downtown Phoenix. Great service and location is tough to beat. Expensive sticker price but you are paying for location, amentities and a well maintained course. Highly recommended if you can get a twilight rate or dynamic pricing rate online.

Great greens

From what I understand the course was re-done last year it is absolutely fantastic. Every hole was unique with great sand traps water hazards and stunning views throughout the course the staff and amenities were great and would highly recommend this course

Commented on 12/09/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review. We really appreciate the feedback! Come back and play again soon!

Excellent condition, nice layout, challenging golf course.

Overall excellent golf course for the money. The course was in great shape. The layout was challenging and visually striking. Would definitely play again.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Thank you for your 4 star review! We appreciate the feedback and are so glad you enjoyed the course! Come back and play again soon!

Hole In One

Had a hole in one on #17, my wife went to the golf shop to see if they had a trophy. The guys there went out of their way to get an engraved whiskey bottle ordered for me. Nice!! Good guys there. Great views, great day!

Commented on 11/20/2019

Congratulations on your Hole in One! Thank you for your 5 star review. We are so glad you had a great experience here! Come back and play again soon!

This course is very well maintained.

Great course. Definitely some challenging holes but great experience overall. Recommend.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Thank you for your 4 star review! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you had a great time. Come back and see us again soon!

Plays Once a year

golf needs to be more green!

Climate change is real and an extreme crisis that threatens the survival of humanity! Every business needs to do much more to become zero carbon and n the desert conserve water.

Great Round of Golf

The golf course is in excellent shape. Everyone was so friendly. Got a chance to warm up and actually played a decent round of golf. There are a few short par 4's so you need to make sure you keep the ball on the fairway. The grounds are immaculate in my opinion. The putting got to be a little tricky. I would get setup roll the ball straight and either come up short or veer off at the last minute.............That is golf. I had a great time today.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience here. Come out and see us again soon!

Beautiful course

The course is kept in excellent condition, it’s very picturesque and the staff are very friendly. The practice facilities are great, although the driving range could have more stations (there was a ten minute wait to get one). Driving range, chip area and putting green availability made for a good warmup. We appreciated the free ice water that was provided at certain holes as well. It’s a great course for golfers of all abilities and worth it if you feel like splurging for a more expensive round of golf. We’ll definitely be back.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the feedback and are working on repairing our range from an event, hence the limited stations. We are glad you had a great time here at The Phoenician! Come back and play again soon!

Pros and Cons

Good: the staff. Troon managed. They treat you well and welcome you. Very courteous bunch out there at The Phoe. The condition of the course was very good. The fairways are perfect. Well groomed and thick. The Tavern is a great spot to finish your round.
Not so good: there is pretty much no drinking water in the course. While it was a gorgeous 75 degrees for my round, this is Arizona. 6 months out of the year temps exceed 90 or 100 degrees. Get water out there. The greens are okay, but not great. Very hard to hold them, and some were still a little lumpy. I would expect this to improve as winter progresses. Pace of play on my round was not good. Really backed up on the back 9, it’s winter, snow birds and guests are in town, this is expected and really nothing you can do. Last, it’s just not worth rack rate 200$. They can pack it in here and people will pay, but there are better options in the area for the money.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Thank you for your good feedback and we appreciate the not so good feedback so we can continue to provide an excellent experience for everyone. I have informed the team of this and will make sure there is plenty of water on the course and address the pace of play. Come out and see us again soon!

Spread out. Nice. No drinking water.

Very. Ice conditions and nice holes Found only one drinking fountain on the course. Wouldn’t pay more than $80.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Thank you for the 4 star review! We have addressed the drinking water issue and are making sure to provide drinking water on hole 5, on the turn after 9, and hole 14. Come back and see us again soon!

Fun round

Course in great shape , staff was friendly, Cart path only but wasn’t bad

Commented on 11/11/2019

Thank you for your 4 star review! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience here at The Phoenician! Come back and see us again soon!

This is a great track with some challenging greens. Overall the course is in great shape and certainly the views from the back nine are great. I will certainly be back at some point to play it again.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you for the great feedback and for playing our course. We are glad you had a great experience and enjoyed the course. Come back again soon!

Great times @ The Phoenician

Great course and super friendly staff. Carts are beyond nice which is a nice bonus.
Layout for the back is very picturesque (we started on the back).

Commented on 09/27/2019

Thanks for playing our course. We hope you enjoyed it. Come out and see us again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
Paradise Valley, Arizona
4.2019823529
3.5205823529
Phoenix, Arizona
Paradise Valley, Arizona

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.