Monument at Troon North Golf Club

The deserts of Arizona are the last place you'd expect to find an ode to the British Open but the Monument course at Troon North is a love song to the golf courses on the other side of the Atlantic, from the ability to play bump-and-run shots into greens into the names of some of the holes. A round of golf on the Monument Course at the Troon North Golf Club kicks off on a par-4 hole that measures 444 yards from the Black tees. Things get long on the third hole, a par 5 that plays to 564 yards from the Black tee and is one of four holes that come in at over 500 yards from the Black tees. The 18th hole on the Monument Course at the Troon North Golf Club will be a relative breeze, then, a par 4 that measures just 370 yards from the Black tees.
Troon North Golf Club
Silver 72 6220 yards 69.4 129
Copper (W) 72 5821 yards 72.5 128
Cooper 72 5821 yards 72.5 128
Jade 72 5084 yards 64.6 116
Jade (W) 72 5084 yards 68.2 116
Scorecard for Monument
Black M: 72.9/147 444 172 564 420 464 306 205 408 530 3513 396 512 426 222 570 299 244 495 370 3534 7047
Gold M: 71.6/137 411 165 544 370 425 295 190 403 520 3323 384 504 411 206 541 283 234 455 365 3383 6706
Silver M: 69.2/130 W: 70.5/133 400 154 502 340 415 285 172 352 465 3085 375 460 338 196 495 275 222 422 348 3131 6216
Copper M: 68.4/126 W: 69.2/128 370 150 466 328 389 275 140 328 440 2886 337 451 331 173 475 229 213 405 335 2949 5835
Jade M: 64.9/118 W: 68.5/121 300 114 456 256 335 261 105 308 415 2550 280 402 260 144 440 221 164 370 253 2534 5084

Year Built 1990
Fairways Bermuda grass

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes, caddies and forecaddies

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 60

Sorry I went

The greens were awful. Mud and bare spots throughout the fairways. Waste of my money and no real concern from the staff that claims the course has been in poor condition for nearly all of 2018 so far. Highly disappointed.

Different than I expected

Wider fairways than I would have expected, making the course a bit easier than it should have been. Greens with lots of ball marks, which explains lower price. Very quick round, and played with other nice, respectful golfers.

Big expectations

We were really looking forward to playing Troon. Course was in tough shape, lots of dead grass on fairways and in the rough., greens were very poor with an amazing amount of unfixed divots.

OTO (one time only)

1. When I got there and picked up my cart, the guy said they would come get me at the range when the time was close. I decided to head back on my own. When I got there, the starter basically chewed me out for being late. I followed him to the first tee and found my group. Not liking his attitude, I told him about the cart guy and he apologized. Then I find out I'm put with two guys who had never touched a golf club before that day.! I have an 8 hdcp and playing with people like that kills me.

Golf after the Monsoons

The course is in good shape overall. Unforntunately, it is Monsoon season. You will have to adjust your game for the conditions. The only thing that bugged me was that there were so many ball marks on the greens. I don't understand why golfers can't fix their ball marks. It takes 3 seconds. The carts which had GPS on them REMIND you at every hole to fix your ball marks. At the start of the round they give you tees and a divot tool if you don't have one.

The carts have to be some of the most comfortable I have ever ridden in. The layout is interesting with the elevation changes and doglegs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beverage cart came around 3 or 4 times.

Greens are the Best

The overall experience for the four of us was a perfect day on the links. Weather was perfect with slight breeze and the course condition was great. The greens were the fastest we have found in Arizona and played exceptionally "true" making them very challenging for the average resort golfers that we are.

This course is definitely on our yearly schedule!

Great.course

Great course. Played 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours. Greens were great.

Still one of the best courses in Scottsdale

This course once again was nothing but spectacular. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I booked the evening before the round, which was at 6:18 am. When I arrived, my name was not on the tee sheet. I advised them that I booked last night via The golf Now App. They advised me that 6:18 was all booked up. I showed them my confirmation and they allowed us to play as a 5 some. At first I was hesitant. When I introduced myself to one of the twosomes. We asked if we could go out as a 2 and a 3some. They said it was not possible. We played and had a great time. The ranger did come to us and advised that we were a Hole behind but he also knew that we were a 5some. We let the group behind us, at Hole 11, play thru and there were no issues afterwards. Again, the staff at Teton North was extremely accommodating. They advised me that this happens when people book with Golf Now on their course. Golf Now should fix the issue.

This course is a must play in the Scottsdale Area. It is a short drive from town, but well worth it. The staff [pro shop, starters, etc.] were excellent, friendly and added to the quality of the round. The course has spectacular views (and intimidating tee shots). Be prepared to play "target golf" ..The course was in immaculate shape though and despite the higher score, the round was incredible.

Bring your A game

Attentive staff and great facilities. Course was in good condition for this time of year. Wet in spots

Surprise

Had the 6 AM teatime the first one of the day everything was going fine and then we get to the Teebox for number 10 and imagine our surprise when there's three groups teeing off . What is this we asked and they informed us that they only paid to play nine. This is Troon North not some executive course and the fact that they would allow this is unthinkable. There's a reason people pay 100 bucks and have a 6 AM teatime. They are usually the ones That can play a round in four hours not six like these groups. definitely slowed up everything and pretty much ruined the whole round. I can put a check next to it to say I played it but I won't play it again.

Course is challenging but fair

Car path only because of rain slowed the pace down to a 5 hr. round which was painfully slow.

Otherwise the course was in great shape for the time of the year and would come back to play it again.

Amazing experience and value!

Today’s round was the highlight of our vacation. From the warm greeting, to the scenery, to the layout, and to the pace of play, this round was extremely amazing! Highly recommend you play this course. With the value, expect to be paired up with others to fill your foursome. You won’t be delayed on your tee time but if someone walks up they will allow them to fill in the holes. Go with it and make new friends as I did!

Excellent golf course

First time I played on today Saturday early morning somed up with 3 other local players on the spot. Staffs are very kind, we're aboe to complete in 3.45 Hrs. It's a gorgious course well designed and maintained and it's superb condition. Beautifully layed out between mountains each holes are like a scenic driving courses. Quite fast greens, some greens steep and ball runs down to the fairway, feels like an Amateur Masters. It's very challenging and attractive and totally doable once studied course layouts. I was fortune able playing with local golfers who gave me great tips on each holes. I highly recommend all golfers to try this course, you'll never regret. I'll keep play on this course whenever visiting Scottsdale. Love it!

Visually Stunning

It's hard to believe that this is a daily fee course. Probably better than most private courses in the area. Challenging for any skill level. Must be accurate off the tee box, otherwise, you'll find yourself taking penalties for balls out of play. Beautiful scenery. This is a must-play course in the Valley. Looking forward to playing Pinnacle in the near future!

Awesome experience

Played here today fairways and greens were in awesome shape. There staff was all friendly. And there were two female workers there, the manager and a some other moving carts around were absolutely drop dead gorgeous . They made the rounds worth everything. Would come back anytime. Thank you

Carefree, Arizona