Monument at Troon North Golf Club

The deserts of Arizona are the last place you'd expect to find an ode to the British Open but the Monument course at Troon North is a love song to the golf courses on the other side of the Atlantic, from the ability to play bump-and-run shots into greens into the names of some of the holes. A round of golf on the Monument Course at the Troon North Golf Club kicks off on a par-4 hole that measures 444 yards from the Black tees. Things get long on the third hole, a par 5 that plays to 564 yards from the Black tee and is one of four holes that come in at over 500 yards from the Black tees. The 18th hole on the Monument Course at the Troon North Golf Club will be a relative breeze, then, a par 4 that measures just 370 yards from the Black tees.
Troon North Golf Club
Silver 72 6220 yards 69.4 129
Copper (W) 72 5821 yards 72.5 128
Cooper 72 5821 yards 72.5 128
Jade 72 5084 yards 64.6 116
Jade (W) 72 5084 yards 68.2 116
Scorecard for Monument
Black M: 72.9/147 444 172 564 420 464 306 205 408 530 3513 396 512 426 222 570 299 244 495 370 3534 7047
Gold M: 71.6/137 411 165 544 370 425 295 190 403 520 3323 384 504 411 206 541 283 234 455 365 3383 6706
Silver M: 69.2/130 W: 70.5/133 400 154 502 340 415 285 172 352 465 3085 375 460 338 196 495 275 222 422 348 3131 6216
Copper M: 68.4/126 W: 69.2/128 370 150 466 328 389 275 140 328 440 2886 337 451 331 173 475 229 213 405 335 2949 5835
Jade M: 64.9/118 W: 68.5/121 300 114 456 256 335 261 105 308 415 2550 280 402 260 144 440 221 164 370 253 2534 5084

Year Built 1990
Fairways Bermuda grass
Architect Tom Weiskopf (1990) Jay Morrish (1990)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes, caddies and forecaddies

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 60

Always a good experience

Troon north is always in good shape and this time was no exception. It’s a little pricey so try and find a hot deal. I paid $86 and it’s definitely with that but I wouldn’t play the $171+ that most others were playing.

Must play

We played the Pinnacle course and it was a wonderfully set up course that you can enjoy with different levels of skill. The staff was tremendously courteous. We were caught in a unexpected frost delay and the staff spent much efforts to move us up and paired with another couple. We had great fun and finished just in time to enjoy the beautiful sunset! Thanks!

One of the best

Always a pleasure to play Troon North. It had been a couple of years since my last visit, so was a surprise to get a great deal on Golf Now for a single. I jumped on it in a flash. Played both sides with a replay rate for $75 and managed to finish just in time.

Thanks Troon North. See you next year!

Challenging layout

Great round on a challenging course. It will be tough for inexperienced golfers so bring extra balls. Lots of fun and gorgeous. Scenery makes up for the tough courses. Don’t get too frustrated.

Must play

Third visit to Scottsdale from Canada. So glad we were able to play this course (Pinnacle) on this visit. Excellent course. We played TPC Champions and Wildfire Palmer course the previous days.....definitely more challenging. Challenging from all tee boxes. Played from Silver tees which was more than enough challenge. Our wives played from Jade. Don’t bother looking for your balls. Drop out and play.....impossible playing from desert rough and shrubs. Finished in about 4hrs and 5 mins. Staff super friendly. Driving range excellent. Course in great condition. Great elevation changes but few if any blind shots....I hate blind tee shots!

November 21st

Course conditions were great. Pace of play was slow and because of this we were not able to finish.

I was surprised to see an employee, while I was talking to him, simply turn his head, spit on the concrete and then continue talking to me.

Very impolite.

Never Again

Played this course last Thursday as the last round of a 16 guy multi course trip. We played both courses last year as part of this annual event and it was great. This year we were excited to play it again and we were all very disappointed. We paid top dollar for our round only to find out that every green had recently been sanded. No one told us and it was pretty much a waste of money. I feel the proshop staff should have advised us of the sand on the greens. I think we would have gone some where else as to pay over 200 bucks for sandy greens and cart path only was a joke. We played the best courses of what this area offers, Quintero, Wickenberg Ranch Grayhawk TPC . This outing left a sour taste in everyones mouths and we have already voted against coming back here next year.

Great course, but...

Great course, great overall experience, but would would have liked playing it when the greens weren’t being dressed with sand and carts weren’t restricted to paths only due to over-seeding.

Troon north must play

Course in good shape great layout demands you play different shots throughout course. Spend a day at Troon North you won't regret it.

Great courses in great shape

First time to play these two courses. Both are in pretty good shape. Greens lots of divot marks due to lots of play. Fairways recovered from overseeding. Excellent layout for both courses. Pinnacle a little harder, more visually intimidating. Vista views are fantastic. If you are thinking of going , DO IT. Lots of fun;)

Sorry I went

The greens were awful. Mud and bare spots throughout the fairways. Waste of my money and no real concern from the staff that claims the course has been in poor condition for nearly all of 2018 so far. Highly disappointed.

Different than I expected

Wider fairways than I would have expected, making the course a bit easier than it should have been. Greens with lots of ball marks, which explains lower price. Very quick round, and played with other nice, respectful golfers.

Big expectations

We were really looking forward to playing Troon. Course was in tough shape, lots of dead grass on fairways and in the rough., greens were very poor with an amazing amount of unfixed divots.

OTO (one time only)

1. When I got there and picked up my cart, the guy said they would come get me at the range when the time was close. I decided to head back on my own. When I got there, the starter basically chewed me out for being late. I followed him to the first tee and found my group. Not liking his attitude, I told him about the cart guy and he apologized. Then I find out I'm put with two guys who had never touched a golf club before that day.! I have an 8 hdcp and playing with people like that kills me.

Golf after the Monsoons

The course is in good shape overall. Unforntunately, it is Monsoon season. You will have to adjust your game for the conditions. The only thing that bugged me was that there were so many ball marks on the greens. I don't understand why golfers can't fix their ball marks. It takes 3 seconds. The carts which had GPS on them REMIND you at every hole to fix your ball marks. At the start of the round they give you tees and a divot tool if you don't have one.

The carts have to be some of the most comfortable I have ever ridden in. The layout is interesting with the elevation changes and doglegs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beverage cart came around 3 or 4 times.

Greens are the Best

The overall experience for the four of us was a perfect day on the links. Weather was perfect with slight breeze and the course condition was great. The greens were the fastest we have found in Arizona and played exceptionally "true" making them very challenging for the average resort golfers that we are.

This course is definitely on our yearly schedule!

Great.course

Great course. Played 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours. Greens were great.

Still one of the best courses in Scottsdale

This course once again was nothing but spectacular. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I booked the evening before the round, which was at 6:18 am. When I arrived, my name was not on the tee sheet. I advised them that I booked last night via The golf Now App. They advised me that 6:18 was all booked up. I showed them my confirmation and they allowed us to play as a 5 some. At first I was hesitant. When I introduced myself to one of the twosomes. We asked if we could go out as a 2 and a 3some. They said it was not possible. We played and had a great time. The ranger did come to us and advised that we were a Hole behind but he also knew that we were a 5some. We let the group behind us, at Hole 11, play thru and there were no issues afterwards. Again, the staff at Teton North was extremely accommodating. They advised me that this happens when people book with Golf Now on their course. Golf Now should fix the issue.

Carefree, Arizona