Pinnacle at Troon North Golf Club

Pinnacle at Troon North represents a stunning, challenging golf experience blended into the high Desert's natural beauty with steep arroyos, natural washes and forests of saguaros and desert foliage. Portions of some fairways are hidden behind boulders and hills. Huge greens surrounded by large bunkers and sloping terrain challenge golfers on every approach shot. A round of golf on the Pinnacle Course at the Troon North Golf Club kicks off on a par-4 hole that measures 392 yards from the Black tees. Things get crazy long on the 16th hole, a par 5 that plays to 609 yards from the Black tees. By that measure, the 18th hole will be a cakewalk, at par-4 and just 447 yards from the Black tee to the clubhouse. After finishing the Pinnacle Course at Troon North Golf Club, head to the Grille, which offers a view of others trying to complete the course you've conquered, as well as the desert.
Troon North Golf Club
Silver 72 6248 yards 69.4 128
Copper 72 5764 yards 67.7 123
Copper (W) 72 5764 yards 72.0 133
Jade 72 4831 yards 63.9 113
Jade (W) 71 4831 yards 67.4 115
Scorecard for Pinnacle
Black M: 72.8/144 392 405 468 416 541 206 456 190 404 3478 407 539 416 177 609 371 140 441 447 3547 7025
Gold M: 71.4/137 378 388 430 399 510 190 416 176 383 3270 385 528 409 170 565 363 132 409 414 3375 6645
Silver M: 69.4/128 378 379 425 340 475 182 408 164 345 3096 378 491 350 161 545 352 117 400 378 3172 6268
Copper M: 67.7/123 W: 72.0/133 360 348 390 327 440 168 367 114 312 2826 298 470 342 158 530 342 100 343 370 2953 5779
Copper/Jade M: 65.3/119 W: 69.3/122 284 272 329 300 440 168 317 114 312 2536 298 470 289 158 454 342 100 343 290 2744 5280
Jade M: 63.9/113 W: 67.4/115 284 272 329 300 394 130 317 99 233 2358 257 419 289 113 454 263 95 293 290 2473 4831

Year Built 1995
Fairways Bermuda grass
Architect Tom Weiskopf (1995)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes, caddies and forecaddies

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 60

first timer ; great time

excellent course; beautifully groomed.

I got $121/rd on GN special...GREAT DEAL.

highly recommend.

PS...leather in carts is awesome :-)

Always a good experience

Troon north is always in good shape and this time was no exception. It’s a little pricey so try and find a hot deal. I paid $86 and it’s definitely with that but I wouldn’t play the $171+ that most others were playing.

Must play

We played the Pinnacle course and it was a wonderfully set up course that you can enjoy with different levels of skill. The staff was tremendously courteous. We were caught in a unexpected frost delay and the staff spent much efforts to move us up and paired with another couple. We had great fun and finished just in time to enjoy the beautiful sunset! Thanks!

One of the best

Always a pleasure to play Troon North. It had been a couple of years since my last visit, so was a surprise to get a great deal on Golf Now for a single. I jumped on it in a flash. Played both sides with a replay rate for $75 and managed to finish just in time.

Thanks Troon North. See you next year!

Challenging layout

Great round on a challenging course. It will be tough for inexperienced golfers so bring extra balls. Lots of fun and gorgeous. Scenery makes up for the tough courses. Don’t get too frustrated.

Must play

Third visit to Scottsdale from Canada. So glad we were able to play this course (Pinnacle) on this visit. Excellent course. We played TPC Champions and Wildfire Palmer course the previous days.....definitely more challenging. Challenging from all tee boxes. Played from Silver tees which was more than enough challenge. Our wives played from Jade. Don’t bother looking for your balls. Drop out and play.....impossible playing from desert rough and shrubs. Finished in about 4hrs and 5 mins. Staff super friendly. Driving range excellent. Course in great condition. Great elevation changes but few if any blind shots....I hate blind tee shots!

November 21st

Course conditions were great. Pace of play was slow and because of this we were not able to finish.

I was surprised to see an employee, while I was talking to him, simply turn his head, spit on the concrete and then continue talking to me.

Very impolite.

Never Again

Played this course last Thursday as the last round of a 16 guy multi course trip. We played both courses last year as part of this annual event and it was great. This year we were excited to play it again and we were all very disappointed. We paid top dollar for our round only to find out that every green had recently been sanded. No one told us and it was pretty much a waste of money. I feel the proshop staff should have advised us of the sand on the greens. I think we would have gone some where else as to pay over 200 bucks for sandy greens and cart path only was a joke. We played the best courses of what this area offers, Quintero, Wickenberg Ranch Grayhawk TPC . This outing left a sour taste in everyones mouths and we have already voted against coming back here next year.

Great course, but...

Great course, great overall experience, but would would have liked playing it when the greens weren’t being dressed with sand and carts weren’t restricted to paths only due to over-seeding.

Troon north must play

Course in good shape great layout demands you play different shots throughout course. Spend a day at Troon North you won't regret it.

Great courses in great shape

First time to play these two courses. Both are in pretty good shape. Greens lots of divot marks due to lots of play. Fairways recovered from overseeding. Excellent layout for both courses. Pinnacle a little harder, more visually intimidating. Vista views are fantastic. If you are thinking of going , DO IT. Lots of fun;)

Sorry I went

The greens were awful. Mud and bare spots throughout the fairways. Waste of my money and no real concern from the staff that claims the course has been in poor condition for nearly all of 2018 so far. Highly disappointed.

Different than I expected

Wider fairways than I would have expected, making the course a bit easier than it should have been. Greens with lots of ball marks, which explains lower price. Very quick round, and played with other nice, respectful golfers.

Big expectations

We were really looking forward to playing Troon. Course was in tough shape, lots of dead grass on fairways and in the rough., greens were very poor with an amazing amount of unfixed divots.

OTO (one time only)

1. When I got there and picked up my cart, the guy said they would come get me at the range when the time was close. I decided to head back on my own. When I got there, the starter basically chewed me out for being late. I followed him to the first tee and found my group. Not liking his attitude, I told him about the cart guy and he apologized. Then I find out I'm put with two guys who had never touched a golf club before that day.! I have an 8 hdcp and playing with people like that kills me.

Golf after the Monsoons

The course is in good shape overall. Unforntunately, it is Monsoon season. You will have to adjust your game for the conditions. The only thing that bugged me was that there were so many ball marks on the greens. I don't understand why golfers can't fix their ball marks. It takes 3 seconds. The carts which had GPS on them REMIND you at every hole to fix your ball marks. At the start of the round they give you tees and a divot tool if you don't have one.

The carts have to be some of the most comfortable I have ever ridden in. The layout is interesting with the elevation changes and doglegs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beverage cart came around 3 or 4 times.

Greens are the Best

The overall experience for the four of us was a perfect day on the links. Weather was perfect with slight breeze and the course condition was great. The greens were the fastest we have found in Arizona and played exceptionally "true" making them very challenging for the average resort golfers that we are.

This course is definitely on our yearly schedule!

Great.course

Great course. Played 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours. Greens were great.

Carefree, Arizona