Pinnacle at Troon North Golf Club

Pinnacle at Troon North represents a stunning, challenging golf experience blended into the high Desert's natural beauty with steep arroyos, natural washes and forests of saguaros and desert foliage. Portions of some fairways are hidden behind boulders and hills. Huge greens surrounded by large bunkers and sloping terrain challenge golfers on every approach shot. A round of golf on the Pinnacle Course at the Troon North Golf Club kicks off on a par-4 hole that measures 392 yards from the Black tees. Things get crazy long on the 16th hole, a par 5 that plays to 609 yards from the Black tees. By that measure, the 18th hole will be a cakewalk, at par-4 and just 447 yards from the Black tee to the clubhouse. After finishing the Pinnacle Course at Troon North Golf Club, head to the Grille, which offers a view of others trying to complete the course you've conquered, as well as the desert.
Troon North Golf Club
Silver 72 6248 yards 69.4 128
Copper 72 5764 yards 67.7 123
Copper (W) 72 5764 yards 72.0 133
Jade 72 4831 yards 63.9 113
Jade (W) 71 4831 yards 67.4 115
Scorecard for Pinnacle
Black M: 72.8/144 392 405 468 416 541 206 456 190 404 3478 407 539 416 177 609 371 140 441 447 3547 7025
Gold M: 71.4/137 378 388 430 399 510 190 416 176 383 3270 385 528 409 170 565 363 132 409 414 3375 6645
Silver M: 69.4/128 378 379 425 340 475 182 408 164 345 3096 378 491 350 161 545 352 117 400 378 3172 6268
Copper M: 67.7/123 W: 72.0/133 360 348 390 327 440 168 367 114 312 2826 298 470 342 158 530 342 100 343 370 2953 5779
Copper/Jade M: 65.3/119 W: 69.3/122 284 272 329 300 440 168 317 114 312 2536 298 470 289 158 454 342 100 343 290 2744 5280
Jade M: 63.9/113 W: 67.4/115 284 272 329 300 394 130 317 99 233 2358 257 419 289 113 454 263 95 293 290 2473 4831

Year Built 1995
Fairways Bermuda grass

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes, caddies and forecaddies

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 60

Sorry I went

The greens were awful. Mud and bare spots throughout the fairways. Waste of my money and no real concern from the staff that claims the course has been in poor condition for nearly all of 2018 so far. Highly disappointed.

Different than I expected

Wider fairways than I would have expected, making the course a bit easier than it should have been. Greens with lots of ball marks, which explains lower price. Very quick round, and played with other nice, respectful golfers.

Big expectations

We were really looking forward to playing Troon. Course was in tough shape, lots of dead grass on fairways and in the rough., greens were very poor with an amazing amount of unfixed divots.

OTO (one time only)

1. When I got there and picked up my cart, the guy said they would come get me at the range when the time was close. I decided to head back on my own. When I got there, the starter basically chewed me out for being late. I followed him to the first tee and found my group. Not liking his attitude, I told him about the cart guy and he apologized. Then I find out I'm put with two guys who had never touched a golf club before that day.! I have an 8 hdcp and playing with people like that kills me.

Golf after the Monsoons

The course is in good shape overall. Unforntunately, it is Monsoon season. You will have to adjust your game for the conditions. The only thing that bugged me was that there were so many ball marks on the greens. I don't understand why golfers can't fix their ball marks. It takes 3 seconds. The carts which had GPS on them REMIND you at every hole to fix your ball marks. At the start of the round they give you tees and a divot tool if you don't have one.

The carts have to be some of the most comfortable I have ever ridden in. The layout is interesting with the elevation changes and doglegs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beverage cart came around 3 or 4 times.

Greens are the Best

The overall experience for the four of us was a perfect day on the links. Weather was perfect with slight breeze and the course condition was great. The greens were the fastest we have found in Arizona and played exceptionally "true" making them very challenging for the average resort golfers that we are.

This course is definitely on our yearly schedule!

Great.course

Great course. Played 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours. Greens were great.

Still one of the best courses in Scottsdale

This course once again was nothing but spectacular. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I booked the evening before the round, which was at 6:18 am. When I arrived, my name was not on the tee sheet. I advised them that I booked last night via The golf Now App. They advised me that 6:18 was all booked up. I showed them my confirmation and they allowed us to play as a 5 some. At first I was hesitant. When I introduced myself to one of the twosomes. We asked if we could go out as a 2 and a 3some. They said it was not possible. We played and had a great time. The ranger did come to us and advised that we were a Hole behind but he also knew that we were a 5some. We let the group behind us, at Hole 11, play thru and there were no issues afterwards. Again, the staff at Teton North was extremely accommodating. They advised me that this happens when people book with Golf Now on their course. Golf Now should fix the issue.

This course is a must play in the Scottsdale Area. It is a short drive from town, but well worth it. The staff [pro shop, starters, etc.] were excellent, friendly and added to the quality of the round. The course has spectacular views (and intimidating tee shots). Be prepared to play "target golf" ..The course was in immaculate shape though and despite the higher score, the round was incredible.

Bring your A game

Attentive staff and great facilities. Course was in good condition for this time of year. Wet in spots

Surprise

Had the 6 AM teatime the first one of the day everything was going fine and then we get to the Teebox for number 10 and imagine our surprise when there's three groups teeing off . What is this we asked and they informed us that they only paid to play nine. This is Troon North not some executive course and the fact that they would allow this is unthinkable. There's a reason people pay 100 bucks and have a 6 AM teatime. They are usually the ones That can play a round in four hours not six like these groups. definitely slowed up everything and pretty much ruined the whole round. I can put a check next to it to say I played it but I won't play it again.

Course is challenging but fair

Car path only because of rain slowed the pace down to a 5 hr. round which was painfully slow.

Otherwise the course was in great shape for the time of the year and would come back to play it again.

Amazing experience and value!

Today’s round was the highlight of our vacation. From the warm greeting, to the scenery, to the layout, and to the pace of play, this round was extremely amazing! Highly recommend you play this course. With the value, expect to be paired up with others to fill your foursome. You won’t be delayed on your tee time but if someone walks up they will allow them to fill in the holes. Go with it and make new friends as I did!

Excellent golf course

First time I played on today Saturday early morning somed up with 3 other local players on the spot. Staffs are very kind, we're aboe to complete in 3.45 Hrs. It's a gorgious course well designed and maintained and it's superb condition. Beautifully layed out between mountains each holes are like a scenic driving courses. Quite fast greens, some greens steep and ball runs down to the fairway, feels like an Amateur Masters. It's very challenging and attractive and totally doable once studied course layouts. I was fortune able playing with local golfers who gave me great tips on each holes. I highly recommend all golfers to try this course, you'll never regret. I'll keep play on this course whenever visiting Scottsdale. Love it!

Visually Stunning

It's hard to believe that this is a daily fee course. Probably better than most private courses in the area. Challenging for any skill level. Must be accurate off the tee box, otherwise, you'll find yourself taking penalties for balls out of play. Beautiful scenery. This is a must-play course in the Valley. Looking forward to playing Pinnacle in the near future!

Awesome experience

Played here today fairways and greens were in awesome shape. There staff was all friendly. And there were two female workers there, the manager and a some other moving carts around were absolutely drop dead gorgeous . They made the rounds worth everything. Would come back anytime. Thank you

Carefree, Arizona