Style Desert/Traditional

Kierland Golf Club boasts three unique nines that are played in three different 18-hole combinations. The Acacia/Mesquite Course begins with Kierland's signature nine. Acacia features gently sloping fairways, all of which are bordered by bunkers. The last four holes are the most memorable, particularly the finishing hole, which is the club's signature hole. It is a tricky par 5 with water all along the left side of the fairway to the bunker-protected green. Along the way there are also fairway bunkers that sit just past the water and strategic mounding on the other side. It is a true accomplishment just to make par. Acacia is a formidable challenge but many would argue that the Mesquite nine is more difficult. Its par-4 sixth hole might be the golf course's toughest.

Kierland Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Fairways TiffEagle Grass
Greens TiffEagle Grass
Architect Scott Miller

Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 23

Nice resort course in good shape. Pace of play was not enforced,(4:40). No beverage cart on the course in 110 degree weather, but some drinking water was available from coolers every few holes. Get your hydration of choice from the halfway house before you go out..

Punched greens. No Warning!

Recommendation is contingent on REDUCED price. Let's say... $40. No alert on website that Ironwood was punched a few days earlier. Mesquite was not pushed but "ratty." Tough to get a consistent roll.

Disappointed. I'd have played elsewhere if i knew the conditions.

Plays Once a year

Great for novice

I golf very rarely, so this course was ideal for me as a novice at the game. Fairways are wide, bunker position friendly and few water traps.The greens played true. I played both mesquite and ironwood, and it was perfect for my standard of golf.

Fun course

Fun course, well maintained but greens have some sort of fungus. Considering this time of year and your options was a very good choice. If you’re looking for a resort course that will boast your handicap, this is the one for you. Had a great time and would bring family here,. If you’re coming in with the boys and want to really challenge each other I’d look at some more difficult ones in the area.

AWFUL

This has nothing to do with the course but has EVERYTHING to do with the people who work there. Today is Fathers Day (June 21, 2020) and I booked a tee time for my Dad, Mom and myself a week ago. We are not the wealthiest but for fathers day I wanted to make this day special for my dad so I decided to spend extra! My dad has a few underlying health conditions. My dad woke up today not feeling good at all. He felt really bad and wanted to stick it out and try to play. Not to mention that he was has been throwing up since 4 this morning. I booked the tee time on Golf Now. Since this was a late notice cancelation I understood that I would lose the convenience fee but I called the pro shop as well. The person at the pro shop told me that they would take one golfer off from the charge because my dad was sick. Am I really going to go golf with my mom and leave my dad at home sick on Fathers Day?!?!? I asked them if there was anything they could do to help out with this. I even suggested that maybe they could let us play a different day when my dad feels better. They didn't have any of that. I understand they have to charge my whether I show up or not. But what if my dad has Covid and then my mom and me contracted it and then we go play and now they have to shut down. This is RIDICULOUS to say the least!!! No class shown at all. I will never recommend this place to anyone.

Good Summer Golf

Green fairways!!! Some brown spots on greens but cannot complain when it’s been over 110 degrees daily.

Hidden Gem

3 Different 9's each with character.
Great course, great shape, even in the summer!
My office is off the 3rd hole on the Mesquite "9"!1

Sunday Golf

I’ve always enjoyed Kierland golf. The courses are very fair and usually in good shape. I don’t know what’s going on with the greens but they aren’t in very good shape for the money they charge to play the course. Brown spots and quite bumpy.

Not Entirely the Experience I was Expecting

Kierland has 3 nines, we played Acacia and Ironwood. Acacia was good, although the greens were more brown than I was expecting but it is June in Phoenix. The views and elevation changes were average overall, number 9, the signature hole was impressive.

Ironwood, however was very disappointing, nothing more than your average course that runs thru some of the neighborhood. Maybe I'm spoiled from playing so many good courses like Dinosaur in Gold Canyon and Eagle Mountain and Sun Ridge in Fountain Hills. My advice play those instead and save a few bucks. Oh yeah, Southern Dunes is worth the trip in Maricopa over this one.

Many better options

Poor service, rude and indifferent staff, no water available, no beverage cart, no starter, no staff at bag drop. Greens are in poor condition. Holes have very little character. Bottom line: Place is way over priced and overrated. You have many better options available. I understand the difficulty of coping with COVID-19 but every other course in the valley is presenting a better product during these times than Kierland.

Great condition

Great condition. Nothing open due to Covid 19. I still think it’s overpriced at $100 a round in June but overall a very enjoyable day. Did not see on course beverage cart which may be due to Covid, other courses are doing so.

Service

For the price to play I am very disappointed in the lack of staff and customer service. There was no one at the bag drop, no starter, not cart service. I understand the issue we are facing with Covid but this is a resort course and for them to not have enough staff for the rate being charged is unacceptable! Courses like Silverado have amazing service for half the price and the course is just as good if not better from a ‘course shape perspective’! So disappointed because I’ve played here on numerous occasions and I’m ALWAYS willing to pay extra for customer service and condition. Our group had no direction as to where to start or when to start. We just had to ‘figure it out’!

Cart had a flat

The golf cart broke down and it took almost 30 minutes to get another one in hundred degree plus weather. I was on hold for more than 15 minutes for someone to answer the phone to get me a replacement cart.

Could have been cheaper if I had booked directly.

Hate getting screwed by GolfNow. If I had called the course directly it would have been $12.50 less. Was told that the course, “had an agreement with GolfNow” that prevents them from saving me the $$. Call first. DO NOT TRUST GOLFNOW!

A fun ride

The best way to experience Kierland is to ride one of their alternative vehicles. I spent nine holes on the Ellwee, a four-wheel ATV, and nine holes on the GolfBoard, which I've ridden in the past. The Ellwee is low to the ground and easy to master. The GolfBoard can be a little trickier for those who don't have great balance.
Riding one of these vehicles spices up what is a very straight-forward round of golf. Kierland is perfect for snowbirds who haven't played much. It's player-friendly and relatively wide open. There's just enough sand to keep things interesting without being too penal. I played poorly and still shot a decent score. That's Kierland for you.
A summer bunker renovation has the place looking good.

Surprisingly good

Played here because we had a day off from other rounds and we’re staying at the resort. These two courses were really good and in amazing shape for August. Mesquite is more narrow and you really need to place your shots. Ironwood is much wider but smart tree placement in the fairway makes you have to think about shot placement. Only knock was the bunkers were rock hard, but other than that no complaints

Little less dersert + little more grass = Great golf

The three nines at Kierland have more grass than many of their local counterparts, making them great courses for visiting midwesterners like me. Greens were smooth and pretty quick - look at your putts from every angle to see the breaks. Greens were firm but balls did check up. Many tee box options to match your game.

Off course staff was great - lunch in the grill even included free desert - tough to beat that!

3.8192882353