Style Traditional/Executive

The executive-length Rolling Hills Golf Course provides an excellent game and it is a very player-friendly course. True to its name, the course is quite hilly causing a few elevation changes and undulating greens. The fairways are lined with pretty trees, adding some challenge and beauty to the course. There are no water hazards but there are a few strategically placed bunkers to worry about as well as some out-of-bounds stakes bordering a few of the holes. Rolling Hills Golf Course consists of ten par 3s and eight par 4s. On the premises there are also practice facilities, a pro shop, and an on-site golf pro.

Rolling Hills Golf Course
Championship 62 3828 yards 58.9 93
Middle 62 3441 yards 57.7 87
Forward (W) 62 3296 yards 57.3 87
Scorecard for TEMPE
Blue M: 59.2/92 W: 61.7/98 237 170 274 117 136 120 151 140 282 1627 268 332 275 144 195 283 156 178 401 2232 3859
White M: 57.6/85 W: 59.0/93 230 164 262 112 128 111 149 127 270 1553 247 294 245 107 160 274 130 133 310 1900 3453
Red M: 55.6/77 W: 57.4/90 222 164 255 113 126 107 152 116 259 1514 247 277 228 85 140 248 126 127 304 1782 3296

Year Built 1958
Architect Milton Coggins Gary Panks (1987)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Rolling Hills is a great value

This course is a lovely executive course right by the Phoenix Zoo. There are plenty of bathrooms along the course, along with cold cooler water, which is extremely important for summer Phoenix golf.
There was a foursome in front of us that was very slow, however, once we skipped ahead one hole, the pace of play was perfect. They should have waved us up (an experienced twosome), but they did not. Not the fault of the course.
We have played this course twice and will play here again because of the great value and interesting hills to navigate.

Love how easy it is

For being a beginner, this course is helping me get back into the golf game.

Garbage.

Course is in okay shape, geeens are solid but the traps might as well be concrete. Waited for five mins at the bar and nobody was there, impotent Marshall allowed the pace of play to back up and for some reason camped out on my constantly waiting twosome like we were the issue. I will not be coming back to this course.

Rude bartender

I went in to get a soda your machine wasn't working so I askeea a brewed tea it didn't have any so they gave me a tea
And the girl said 2.50 and the other girl said yep we round up to Make it $3
And I said that seems to be a large round up she goes well deal with it
The girl on the register said we do it all the time..so the lady that wasn't talking rude got me a t got me fixed up gave her the money gave her a tip and the girl at the register took it..
That's got to be the rudest service I've ever had from anybody.... The witch had no time for anybody very condescending to the girl that was waiting on me.... I will never order anything from that bar again...

Nice short Executive Course

As a local, I have played here many times in the past, but it has been a while. This is one of my top 2 or 3 favorite executive courses in the valley. You can hit Driver at a couple of the greens, but other than Number 9, I recommend leaving it in your bag (or maybe your trunk). Greens were fast, considering rain the day before, but in really good condition. Recent changes (addinng water on the back 9 and removing some foliage and trees on hole number 9) were both welcome and made the round even better. With those trees and bushes removed on the ninth hole, you can now see the green and can't help but pull the driver out and try to cut the corner.

If you want to "let the Big Dog eat" this is not the course for you. But if you are looking to dial in your wedges and work on setting up desirable distances for your approach shots, this is the perfect course to do it.

Good time

Brought a few friends that have never played before.... Very challenging fun course my friends liked it....

Accidentally ended up here

I play a lot of golf in the Phoenix and surrounding areas, thought I booked a long course with par 5s and long par 4s, etc...at least 6000 yards. My fault for not checking, but their fault for charging that price point. They are the only course that allows walking that I’ve played which is good to know, I like walking. Really nothing special about this course to justify charging what other courses that are 6000+ yards are starting to charge. But also nothing horrible about it either if what you want is a course of only par 3s and driveable par 4 greens. I did nail an eagle on a 240 par 4 which was a nice little false confidence booster. Won’t be back though.

Ranger?

Greens were great,
In front of us were there were opened holes ...we didn't want to pass the slow groups, but no Ranger to help the flow of players ......

Tee backups on part 3's

Nice little course, but very slow with up to 3 foursomes on some tees.

Good value

A good opportunity to practise course management due to rolling and irregular hills. Rates are reasonable and Staff were very accommodating.. Location is slow to exit during rush hour. This is not any fault of the course...just something to consider when you book your T-time.

Poor management

We have played here many times this season and have always enjoyed the course. Today was our first horrible experience. When we checked in they said everyone was starting on number 10 which we had done everytime we’ve played here. We booked two spots on line and knew there would be two others with us. Well it seems like today the golfers dictated how they would go out. There we’re five groups of twosomes in front of us which mskes no sense. We asked the group in front of us if they wanted to join uo, thry said no. When the twosome behind us came up on the second tee box we asked them too, they said no. So we had four groups on most holes, every tee box was three groups. Pace of play was horrible. Then we make the turn to find a foursome out in the fairway, the twosome in front of us waiting, and another foursome just starting their round. We told the foursome they needed to start on 10 like we all did. They said they were told to start on one. I went inside and questioned the manager who sent a kid out and told them to go to ten which already hsd two groups waiting to tee off. Now we have a new foursome to wait behind out in the first fairway. Four golfers with a total of two sets of clubs (Really). After number one we skiped to the fouth tee box because three groups were sitting on two tee box and holes three and four were empty. Two other groups took our lead and skipped to the third box. Again the golfers running the show. The managers today were non existent and the course was a complete mess because of it

KMRHDirectorOfGolf
Commented On 03/25/2019

Hi Kevin7436848,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your recent round at Rolling Hills was less than satisfactory. We strive to provide a quality experience for our guests., Focusing on course conditions, attentive customer service, and pace of play.
Feel free to reach out to me directly at any time if you have any concerns.
We look forward to seeing you back at Rolling Hills soon.
John

Rolling Hills

While it was very windy for the first 4-5 holes it was a very fun day. We enjoyed the couple we golfed with. Course was in good shape.

Good executive course

Greens are in great shape, Fairways are lush and green. Lives up to its name Rolling Hills so shots require accuracy as the roughs are desert and Stoney!

Windy

This is a nice little course but very exposed to the wind.

chuck and smith

good price for this course. Course ws niced than I expected. Would play again.

Nice executive course

Course was in great shape! Pace of play was very good. Finished in ljust over 3 1/2 hours. Holes are close to som3 tee boxes and you need to watch for errant shots as you tee off .

Tempe, Arizona
3.1132058824
Tempe, Arizona
Mesa, Arizona

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)