Staff Friendliness

The executive-length Rolling Hills Golf Course provides an excellent game and it is a very player-friendly course. True to its name, the course is quite hilly causing a few elevation changes and undulating greens. The fairways are lined with pretty trees, adding some challenge and beauty to the course. There are no water hazards but there are a few strategically placed bunkers to worry about as well as some out-of-bounds stakes bordering a few of the holes. Rolling Hills Golf Course consists of ten par 3s and eight par 4s. On the premises there are also practice facilities, a pro shop, and an on-site golf pro.
Rolling Hills Golf Course
Championship 62 3828 yards 58.9 93
Middle 62 3441 yards 57.7 87
Forward (W) 62 3296 yards 57.3 87
Scorecard for Rolling Hills
Blue M: 59.3/120 237 170 274 117 136 120 151 140 282 1627 268 301 275 144 195 283 156 178 401 2201 3828
White M: 59.0/115 230 164 262 112 128 111 149 127 270 1553 235 294 245 107 160 274 130 133 310 1888 3441
Red W: 60.8/121 222 164 255 113 126 107 152 116 259 1514 247 277 228 85 140 248 126 127 304 1782 3296

Year Built 1958
Architect Milton Coggins Gary Panks (1987)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Played On 08/11/2018

First Time In 15 Years

This used to be my quick go to course when I lived on this side of town. I now live 40 minutes away. I needed to be on this side of town on other business an took the opportunity to visit an "Old Friend" Much has changed and much is the same. The blend of college age folks and retirees is still there. As a single, I hope to be paired with like aged players. No luck, I was teamed with 3 nice college boys, who could really golf their ball! Out drove me on every long hole, and putted lights out. Course layout is the same, but some old hazzards have been removed. The Bamboo forest near #12 was gone and catch basin in its place. No lost balls in there, not quite as scenic. All the greens were fuzzy slow, but one was warned at the Pro Shop about it. It was true. Many missed birdies cause ball just stopped and did not fall. Listen to the Pro next time. Overall a nice hot day with an Old Buddy. Try it, you will like it. Putt strong, tho.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Average
Played On 08/05/2018

Fun short round

The layout of this course was fun. I was trying to sneak in a round before church on Sunday. I was the first one out and played the course in a little under two hours. Most of the par fours were drivable for me which was a fun change of pace, and the par 3’s were all different lengths to use almost every club in the bag. My only knock on the course would be the greens. They had recently been aerated and were painfully slow, However that is a necessity to keep a course in good condition so it wasn’t a deal breaker. I’ll play it again
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 08/08/2018:
Hello mprince6, thank you for the four-star review. We glad you enjoyed our course layout and our pace of play. We also appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the greens. Thank you for playing Rolling Hills Golf Course in Tempe and we hope to see you again soon!
Played On 08/05/2018

Love Rolling Hills

I love this course. This is a great course to improve your short game. It was nice to see the course in such good condition despite how blasted hot is has been in July!
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 08/07/2018:
Hello ljmichaels1, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing Rolling Hills Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Played On 07/22/2018

Fun Short Course

I play this course about once a week. It’s short enough to play 18 in about 2 hours with a friend before work.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 07/26/2018:
Hello AustinGoodwin, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and our pace of play. Thank you for playing Rolling Hills Golf Course in Tempe and we hope to see you again soon!
Played On 07/07/2018

Rolling Hills

Love this course, staff is always friendly and helpful this has become our new course
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Hello cvboop, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Rolling Hills Golf Course in Tempe and we hope to see you again soon!
Played On 06/08/2018
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 06/13/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Rolling Hills Golf Course in Tempe. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Played On 05/16/2018

Good for what it is.

This course gives you a great opportunity to practice all different kinds of shots from all different kinds of angles. Pace of play is absolutely fabulous and the course is in wonderful condition. Cart girls and bar staff are very friendly and helpful and fast.
Course Layout Good
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 05/21/2018:
Hello tdub73, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, the pace of play, and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Rolling Hills Golf Course in Tempe and we hope to see you again soon!
Played On 05/12/2018

Rolling hills is a nice reliable course. It hasn't changed in years and is usually a fair price. The pace of play was great, we were actually able to tee off early as they were not very busy.
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Fair
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 06/01/2018:
Hello Michael6039536, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and affordable rates. Thank you for playing Ken McDonald Golf Course in Tempe and we hope to see you again soon.
Played On 05/07/2018
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Good
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 05/11/2018:
Played On 05/03/2018

Love Rolling Hills!

This is one of my favorite courses. The greens are nice and this has been the best course for me to learn how to golf.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Rolling Hills Golf Course on 05/08/2018:
Hello ljmichaels1, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and the conditions of our greens. Thank you for playing Rolling Hills Golf Course in Tempe and we hope to see you again soon!

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019