Style Parkland
Tubac Golf Resort

Year Built 1959
Architect Red Lawrence (1959) John Harbottle III

Great variation to usual Arizona golf

Real trees along the course make for a very nice change to the normal rounds played. Great to try the “tin cup” shot also.

Disappointed

I'm a winter visitor. I was really looking forward to my first ever round at Tubac. I drove down from Tucson. Even with a nice discount from Golf Now I feel the course was overpriced given the condition it was in, compared to other courses in the general area. The grass on the tees and fairways was really long, more like rough (not cut for several days), well normal rough, here the rough is still dormant. Many of the fairways were inconsistent ranging from clumps of grass to individual blades to bare spots from unrepaired divots, again more visible due to not having been cut lately. Maybe they also got a mixed batch of overseeding grass seed. Additionally, the greens didn't roll very true. Green speed was average. Another problem is that some of the hole plugs have been put in lower than the surface of the green, making them obstacles if they are in your line. The cart guys have to get you your ice water and there are very few refilling places on the course. There is also no beverage cart or Marshalls. There are some good holes, multiple tee boxes and nice views, but I was expecting a better conditioned, better serviced course. I'll be happy to play Randolph later this week. It's closer, less expensive, better serviced and in better shape than Tubac. I won't be returning.

Well worth the drive...a bit “rugged” but fun

My wife and I spent five days in Tucson. Friends told us about the shops and artists in Tubac, which was about 60 miles form our hotel. We decided to take a “day trip” to visit the shops and play a round of golf. The course is located in a very nice resort and housing development in a rather remote part of Arizona. We had a terrific time playing this course. It has 3 9 hole courses. The check-in was efficient and friendly. We went off as a 2-some and since the groups ahead of us were a bit slow, pace of play lagged a bit. The course was is pretty good shape. It is a fair and fun lay-out. Sign-age on the course could have been better. And, we didn’t notice any water (drinking) on the course nor was there a refreshment cart making the rounds. Overall we had a great day. Worth the trip to play this course.

Will be back

Played with wife and friends via the Stay and Play offering. We all really enjoyed the course, interesting holes. tremendous surroundings, and for some reason we all mentioned how cool the trees were in placement and just as scenery itself. Tee boxes were a bit neglected, fairways excellent, rough well kept and perfect for my game. Greens putted a bit differently from what I was used to and more than a few putts were missed due to a bumpy ride to the hole. Would give the course 5 stars across the board if not for the bumpy greens and piles of grass clippings in some of the fairways. Exceptionally friendly staff always a big plus in my book. Will return

WINNNDY!!!

Great course friendly staff. The pace of play was great 4 hrs. 10 min. Round . The sand traps were the best I have played in a long time. Only problem was the wind. Other than that we had a great time.

Good, but.......

Good course...good condition except for a couple of greens...good pace of play and pleasant playing partners. Like a lot of courses in this area it is over-priced. Just because the word "Resort" is in the name doesn't mean the greens fee has to be in the $100.00 range.

Greens were not as good as they were when I played in the past,

Wide fairways, nice size greens, playable bunkers

Fun course but play was somewhat slow so enjoy the weather and relax.

Fun Course

The course was in fairly good shape.
The course is flat and wide open and the greens were in good shape. There are a few holes with water that come into play which is rare in Arizona on the courses that I have golfed. I would personally not pay full price for the course.

Enjoyed my round very much. I was a single & enjoyed the company of the company of the other 3 golfers. Surprised to find cow patties on the course.

Tubac courses Anza and Otero

Loved the courses! The challenge was in my first time playing Blues as my partner preferred them.
The only downside was the excessive amount of duck droppings that were on a number of the holes with water. The droppings were in my cleats, on my club face, and made navigating to the greens circuitous. These ducks MUST go!

cart paths

The resort should spend a lot of money up grading their cart paths. Some of the potholes were similar to those seen up North. They have done minor cart path work last year, but they need to do 3 times as much!!

Massachusetts Advisor

Would Have Enjoyed More Under Different Circumstances

On the recommendation of a friend, I finally made the one hour trip down from Tucson to Tubac. As a single you never know who you may get paired with. I soon saw that members were all going off of one of the 3 nines, and guests were going off the other 2. I reported to Dennis the starter and told him I was ready whenever he had a group to pair me with ahead of my scheduled tee time. Sadly he chose to send me out as a single into the sea of four- and threesomes. It made for a long, mispaced round. I had no one to guide me through the layout. I think the course is a nice assemblage of varied holes and is in pretty good condition. The whole vibe of Tubac is to be laid back, which means a slower pace. It is also dominated by senior golfers. I was disappointed that I had been sent out solo and could not get more enjoyment out of the round. I think Tubac may have a lot to offer, I was just not able to appreciate under the circumstances.

Tubac Jan2019

The course parking is the only problem since the parking lot is at some distance from the carts which are not allowed in the parking lot.
Other than that the staff was great, the golf now fee was good and the greens were excellent.

A Gem In The Green Valley Area

This 3 nine complex has 27 very different holes. Played all 3 combinations while in area. Not sure which was favorite! Great pro shop; staff very welcoming. Pace of play excellent for resort course (average right at 4 hours). Plays well for all handicaps, ladies included.

Great course for most abilities

These are my favorite 27 holes of southern Arizona golf. The course retains the feel of desert golf, replete with views of stunning mountains. Yet, there is plenty of green grass from tee to green to remind one of northern courses.

Rio Rico, Arizona

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.