Crooked Tree Golf Course

Middle 72 6279 yards 68.8 123
Forward Combo 72 5673 yards 66.1 117
Forward 71 5008 yards 63.2 112
Scorecard for Crooked Tree Golf Course
Black M: 72.5/133 371 173 376 578 377 485 140 566 400 3466 387 535 366 180 442 597 252 377 460 3596 7062
Middle Combo M: 70.6/129 371 173 376 578 377 365 140 517 400 3297 387 535 366 180 415 524 198 377 365 3347 6644
Middle M: 68.6/123 W: 75.4/133 337 155 352 495 350 365 135 517 356 3062 366 488 347 158 415 524 198 356 365 3217 6279
Fwd. Combo M: 66.0/115 W: 71.8/122 337 155 352 495 280 300 135 412 280 2746 366 488 272 116 316 524 124 356 365 2927 5673
Foward M: 63.0/110 W: 67.9/113 285 130 280 385 280 300 127 412 280 2479 303 416 272 116 316 442 124 290 250 2529 5008

Year Built 1977
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass

Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

Solid

Yes they’re one day from overseeding. Yes the greens were BAD. Doesn’t matter. We knew it and loved it. Good lies, true bounces. Fair greens even with the conditions. Lauren in the clubhouse rules all, don’t even @ me. I’ll be back after Oct. 12 when it’s puuuuuure. Then the fun starts. On the DL, good breakfasts cheap here too.

Golf Now not sufficient info

Golf Now should have included information that the course and greens had been scalped for overseeding. Greens were unputtable.

Over Seeding

At some point as course should just close during over seeding. Even though a course alert was posted, this course was virtually unplayable and definitely not even worth a hot deal. It’s not a bad course but in these conditions it should be closed. There is not a green grass on the course and you can see the dirt underneath the greens from being shaved. I would expect a little more honesty from a course this bad. Probably better in a few weeks!

Greens need attention

Would think with all the recent rains greens would be lush. Sparse and patchy. Probably getting ready to punch? Pretty open play at ten start.

Course is close to my house and know this layout. Wide fairways. Bunkers need attention too, however, recent rains have made them unplayable.

Lower Half Muni

The course has taken a few steps backward since we played it last year. Fairways were bare in too many areas and the grass was cut sporadically. The grass on the greens was way too high, even for an Arizona summer. Water bottles on course were empty before noon. I would rate this course today as below average for a municipal course. There are too many better courses in the same price range in the same area.

Greens in killer shape

This course always seems like a sleeper in Tucson. Typically in good shape, but today the greens were as outranks as any around. Low key, relaxed, and always paired with a chill group here. Shot my best round in a year, just cruising and played right at 4 hours while barely waiting. Good pace. Class is desert golf.

Nice track

The fairways and greens are in nice shape! Practice green was well kept. Our pace of play was a bit slow but one of the two other players was relatively new to the game. Finished in a bit over 4 hours.

Great value

The course conditions are in great shape other than the bunkers which it did rain in Tucson the day before i played so they get a pass for that. The overall layout is challenging but accessible for your average golfer. Very good practice facilities. Wish they had gps. Overall a very good course for the price

Sand Traps Need Work

This course is always in good care and condition, however I don't understand why they cannot take care of the sand traps. They are hard packed and would just need to be tilled and raked to actually make them playable.

General review

Been playing this course since 1981. Greens excellent, watered portions of fairways in good shape, sand traps are “dirt” traps, poor shape, cart paths in poor shape, where watering doesn’t reach consider wate areas. During week very little play, can get around in 3hours if you want. Easy course to walk.

open to bomb

snvow birds have flown away so the natives can come out to play, great rates to play without the crowds This course designed by Trevino, I think, has pretty open fairways.greens little on the slow side so dont read too much break. On the north side of town and close to my home.I play this course when the price is right.

Fun course

Nice course, great staff. The course is in mostly pretty nice shape but could use some real sand in the bunkers.

What just happened

Entered the golf shop and first thing i saw was the gentleman behind the counter was in sweat pants and tee shirt along with the guy who checked me in who was wearing blue jeans.

After completing our front nine holes in 2 hours and 10 minutes which i felt was reasonable for a saturday morning we proceeded to the bar area and got the impression it was one of her first days at work . she fought with the computer for a while and after being frustrated she just gave me my six pack of beer at no charge. After leaving the bar area we quickly went to the 10th tee, where the group behind us was waiting patiently, we mentioned the problems we had in the bar and they were understanding . i teed my ball up but had to wait to tee off because a group of 5 young men had jumped in front of our groups and were playing as a 5 some. after playing hole 10 in approx. 20 minutes i called the golf shop to ask if 5 somes were allowed at this course, the golf shop attendant answered "no we do not" i then proceeded to tell him that there was a 5 some on hole 11 and we were waiting for them on every shot. I also had mentioned we had not seen anyone at all on the front 9 so we were not sure where they came from. He told me that he would send someone out to take care of the issue. An employee showed up to speak with us in a timely matter, i found it odd that he came to me after driving past the 5 some and not saying a word. He asked "what seems to be the problem", i asked him if playing in a 5 some was allowed on the course, he answered no, i then pointed out the 5 some playing in front of us. He said he will go talk to them and get them to split up. He returned to tell me that the pace of play was ok, and that there was 2 open holes ahead of the 5 some....i asked him again that you didnt allow 5 some correct he said yes but since the pace was good he wasnt going to make them split into 2 groups. I then asked him if possibly we could play through the 5 some so we didnt have to continue to wait on every shot. His reply was simply yes you can ask them to do that and proceeded to drive off back towards the pro shop without helping to solve the issue. I drove up to the group in front of us and asked if we could play through, they told me no, because they were playing a best ball....after a brief disagreement i decided to just drive away because the issue was not going to be solved rationally . We finished the round in 4 hours and 45 min, in my opinion the round would have finished a lot faster if the 5 some would have been split up or let us play through.

After finishing the round we went to drop the cart off, one employee asked how the round was, i explained it was terrible after waiting for a 5 some in front of us all afternoon. He laughed and replied well thats golf sometimes.....it may be a while but im sure i will be back to play this course again in the future. I felt that the staff was very complacent other than the beverage cart driver who was very professional.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019