Style Desert
Crooked Tree Golf Course

Year Built 1977
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass

Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

The course (fairways and greens) looks beautiful and plays great

Fairways and greens are beautifully green and in good shape. Putting a little slow, probably because still in after over-seeding mode, but a reasonable speed. The greens seem to receive shots quite nicely.

So I have reviewed this course before, and the worst part of the course conditions are the traps. Hard dried out sand (dirt mixture?). So, don't hit into them, LOL.
Quite often, the ball is sitting up on the top of the sand, so I just do a chipping stroke to get the ball out.

The layout is fairly simple with a lot of up and back holes. If you don't hit it straight you may find yourself in desert conditions, but almost all holes have enough short rough so that you hit the ball just fine without worrying about damaging your club.

There are about 3 holes with water to challenge you that way, and the white tees play at about 6200 yards, There is only 1 par 3 that is long at almost 200 yards - the three other par 3's are middle irons off the tee box. They have 2 sets of combo tees, easily marked on the scorecard, so you should be able to find the right set of tees for your ability/length.

I like the course for play-ability and moderate price.

The course has fabulous practice areas with a driving range, large putting green, chipping areas and greens, and practice sand. Come early so you can take advantage of those areas.

Go elsewhere

The pro shop staff was excellent, the restaurant staff should start looking for employment elsewhere, and not where they have any contact with customers or even humans. Will not play there again.

Terrible Condition

The Fairway's, Tees and Greens grass were way to slow because they refuse to mow them to playable height's, and they are putting too much water on the fairways so you have mud on the ball most of the time in the fairway, and the Bunkers were Mud Holes . I have never seen the course in such horrible conditions,

Good Course.

Tee boxes need leveling. Too rounded.
Fairways are getting better every year.
Need more deals to play. For same price, I usually play better courses.

Greens way too slow

I'll preface by saying this has never been a favorite course of mine. It's well run, but the greens are, at the moment, verging on unplayable. So slow, led to 3 and even one 4 putt that are not typical of my game. I'd wait awhile before playing here.

Disappointing at best!

For the price the course was uninspiring! Very flat with not much excitement other than a couple of over the water par 3’s. with all the other amazing options available in the area, if your time is limited, I’d give this one a pass!

I have played here several times since I moved here about 18 months ago. This is nice course with a good layout. I would definitely not say it is easy but it has holes you can take advantage of and others you have to play more cautiously. I would have given it a good rating but the grass on the greens was a bit long in the tooth so you really had to rap putts. I really like this course because you can walk it and today it was a wonderful walk.

To Many Slow Golfers

Normally I don't provide reviews. We have played this course before and had a great experience. Not this time. The group in front of us was at least 30 minutes behind pace. In fact one of the golfers ahead of us came back and picked up my ball. When I drove up to retrieve it they denied picking it up until the gentleman that did found it in his bag. It had my initials and was clearly marked. No apologies from the golfer. After nine holes of waiting on every hole we returned to the golf shop to report the folks in front of us and there slow pace of play. We asked for a rain check for the last nine holes. They said it was not there policy and we would just have to wait. We declined and ended the day with nine holes. We did not see any player assistants on the course checking pace of play. This is a problem for anyone looking to play a normal pace.

No Course Alert!

I've always enjoyed playing at Crooked Tree. Decent layout and enough challenge for most every golfer. But the day we played the greens and tee boxes had been shredded in preparation for overseeding. The greens were almost unplayable, and the bunkers were in the worst condition I've ever sen them -- just rock and hardpan. But not a peep of a course alert from Golf Now. I'm not sure if it's the course's fault of Golf Now's, but there should have been a course alert posted so we wouldn't have wasted our time, or our money, playing a course that should have been closed until overseeding was done.

Needs work!

The course has not been kept up, virtually no live grass on the entire course, including the greens. No warning of overseeding. Pace of play was great mostly due to a lack of golfers playing. Cart paths are virtually non existent. The course has potential and used to be a nice place to play, very disappointed.

Worth the time to play!

Course was a bit rough. Had been aerated and possibly seeded but good value for the $$. Pace of play excellent, started on the back and never saw another player. Good opportunity ro work on your game.

We did pay the green fees!!!

Day started off in not such a good way as the person in the pro shop started telling us that we needed to pay another green fee after we had already paid through Golf Now. That is not the way to keep golfers coming back.He later discovered that it was one of there people who entered our time into the system incorrectly but no apology for his rude behavior.

Hit em straight!

Lots of long tight fairways so accuracy is a must, good rolling greens, good course but ponds around holes are repugnant and gross.

Crooket Tree Marana AZ.

This course is about a 50 minute drive for us. We only play it once or twice per year due to that as well as the price. Higher fees than Tucson city courses and other courses near by this course. Tee boxes and greens were in great shape. Fairways in areas were really bad,,,,however they do get rain run off that will create this issue in their defense

This course is in great condition!!

The staff here is always friendly and everyone I have ever been paired with has been awesome!!

Nice and flat, wide fairways nice views of the mountains.

For giving

Course was in very good condition. Greens very good and they have good sand in the bunkers now good job there. The tee boxs need work to level them but over all Well worth your time and money to play there Enjoy fair lay out.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020