2 reviews

Style Desert
The Views Golf Club at Oro Valley

Year Built 1986
Architect Greg Nash (1986) Jeff Hardin (1986)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Proper golf attire is required on the course and when using the practice facilities.

Snacks

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Arizona (2016 #21)

Don’t go currently

This course is always fun to play and has amazing views but there are serious construction issues currently and every holes is 100-250 yards shorter then usual. Every hole is under construction and they made some make shift “greens” which are really just fairway that is mowed down short. The front desk guy is unpleasant and it was an inconvenience for us to be there. The starter was awesome and we grabbed a burger on the way out which the hostess lady was very nice and the burgers were great. I wouldn’t go this year because of the course but will go back when the course is completed.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Thank you for your feedback. It is very nice to read that the customer service and food was great. We are undergoing a greens reconstruction project which should be done by early September. We welcome you to continue to follow the progress on our website (www.theviewsgolfclub.com) and hope you will return to play in the fall.

Altered course!

Checked in, paid started out and major reconstruction going on. First hint was the score card all the distances were shorter, played the first hole only to find out the green was a made up green from the fairway. Played second hole same thing. We paid $35 to play on altered greens, sorry NO! No mention from Golf Now nor the lady that checked us in. We turned around and requested a refund, which was given. But, we wouldn't have wasted our time, gas money if we had been advised it was under major construction! Golf Now we are disappointed in you!

Commented on 05/08/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry you had a less than acceptable golf experience. We are undergoing a greens reconstruction project which should be done by early September. We welcome you to continue to follow the progress on our website (www.theviewsgolfclub.com), Facebook, Instagram & Twitter. We hope you will return to play in the fall when all the construction is complete.

unrevealed greens condition

have played course many times but was not warned by Golfnow or the course that the greens were scraped of grass and about to be plugged and repaired. I would not have payed almost $50.00 to play on dirt

Commented on 05/08/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry your visit here was less than acceptable and you were not aware of the reconstruction project, which should be done by early September. We have done our best to communicate this reconstruction via our website, email, social media outlets and online directory sites. We welcome you to continue to follow the progress on our website (www.theviewsgolfclub.com), and our social media sites. We hope you will return to play in the fall when all the construction is complete.

The course overall was great shape except for the greens which they did tell us they didn't tell us though that they were not doing cash and was only credit card only upon arrival and when we did pay for it we had to call him and stand outside the pro shop and say our card over the phone where everybody else is standing around and they could hear the numbers that was not very secure or thought through with them anybody could have heard the credit card number and used it elsewhere not very wise on their part

Commented on 05/08/2020

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy to read you had a great round.

Excellent

Played Sunday (1130-1430) - three hours on a Sunday afternoon on a semi-private course! Excellent! Course was in great condition. Greens were back to rolling fast and fair after the over seeding period. The staff was super friendly - thanked us for playing. A group of friendly members let us play through because we were a twosome. Bunkers were nice. Layout was very fair - not too narrow or overly penal. Not too many forced carries. I think it should be rated higher than the 4.1 I saw on Golf Advisor.

Lovely views

The course is in great shape .. a bit expensive compared to others on the area. Staff is great!

Views

Course is always in excellent condition, we played last day before overseeding begins can't wait to play there again

Golf day

Always enjoy playing the views, staff is very friendly course is in excellent condition

Go play this one

Nice variety of holes. Best conditioned course in north Tucson.

Nice Sun Afternoon

Thoroughly enjoyed playing this course with my son. Nice relaxed round- course in great shape!

good golf

I played this course before and now again and will continue to come here. Nice layout and some really fun holes. I would be very remiss if i didn't shout out to LYNN, the marshal this afternoon. Even though there were not many tee times, he was still out there. When he saw me getting ready to tee off as a single, he suggested i start on ten and he assured me that when i made the turn it would be wide open at 1. Well lo and behold, someone was in the middle of the first fairway when i got to the number 1 tee. But there was Lynn, going out to let the player letting him know i was there, and sure enough that player let me play through. Also , before i teed off he gave me a heads up on various holes such as how far to hit and what to avoid. Outstanding job LYNN, he certainly made my day better. I wish my home courses would have a marshal year round and give outside players a heads up before they tee off. The course is in good condition for July in AZ

Slow Play

Today July 13th it took almost 5 hrs to play 18 holes. Tee time was around 7:30am, Although there were golf marshals on the course play was very slow. I will most likely not play the views for a while. The course its self was in very good shape.

Wasted Round

Signed up on GolfNow. Arrive at course to be told they recently aerated. No such alert on GolfNow. Greens in pathetic condition. Putts bumped everywhere. Essentially unplayable. Fairways uneven, thin and bare in spots.
To top it off, groups in front of us unbearably slow. No fun waiting on every shot in 105 degree heat. No beverage cart either.
Unfortunate, because like the course layout.

Awesome

Nice layout. Fun food at the turn on Friday and Saturday

The Views

Played in 4hrs and 10min. - course in good shape but greens very slow. Handled a lot of people well - starter bery good.

Overall Okay

All very good except they had a frost delay which complicated starting times and really jammed up the tee times. Many people seemed to be getting quite upset with the starter (members it seemed and were demanding preferential treatment). I am not sure if they were successful or not and will give the course a pass this time.Notwithstanding the starting time issue, the course was great and I have booked another game to play this course again in a couple of days.

Commented on 09/13/2018

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating and all the excellent marks. We really appreciate it! It's great to read that we are meeting and/or exceeding our guests' expectations. Please come and play with us again soon!

Marana, Arizona