Poppy Ridge Golf Course
Scorecard for Chardonnay/Zinfandel
Black M: 75.0/138 396 305 219 381 582 452 182 470 526 3513 372 198 400 427 562 425 171 528 452 3535 7048
Blue M: 73.2/138 381 277 193 363 565 425 162 421 503 3290 350 164 370 409 544 399 153 507 427 3323 6613
White M: 71.0/130 W: 75.8/131 345 261 171 345 534 404 141 394 477 3072 310 150 317 388 520 370 116 489 402 3062 6134
Gold M: 67.2/122 W: 70.4/120 264 229 137 282 461 323 124 368 419 2607 252 139 285 343 457 325 84 405 370 2660 5267

Year Built 1996
Architect Rees Jones (1996) Steve Weisser (1996)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Poppy Ridge Golf Academy"

Dress code All players are required to wear shirts with sleeves and collars. Shorts must have an inseam of at least 4 inches. Tee shirts, cut-offs, jeans and gym attire are prohibited

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2014 #15)

Commented On 07/17/2019

Thank you for the 4-star rating! Be sure to come play again soon.

Great course and Amazing Customer Service!!!

I played Poppy Ridge today and have a story I'd like to share. On the 3rd hole of the Zinfandel, I lost my brand new Samsung cell phone. Once I realized a hole later I re-traced my steps and couldn't locate the phone. These cell phone's retail around $600 dollars. And I don't have the money to replace. After 9 holes I mentioned to the starter what had happened. He offered to use his phone to try and locate mine. Are you kidding me? That was so nice and going out of his way. I told the pro shop and then played the Merlot nine. I was not expecting for them to find my phone, but one of the staff immediately took a cart out to try and locate. As I was playing the Merlot that same starter came and found me and said they had found the phone! I couldn't believe it! He then proceeded to drive back to the clubhouse and retrieve the phone and then drove it out to me again! I was speechless because the customer service was so awesome. I told everyone in my foursome and they were all floored as well. Because of this I will come back and play here many times and share that story with anyone I can. I am so appreciative! Thank you!

Commented On 07/18/2019

Thank you for sharing your story! We're happy our course staff was able to immediately help and locate your phone. We're here to help and make sure you have the best possible experience! We look forward to seeing you out here again soon.

Nice course. Unpredictable greens.

The course is beautiful and is in good shape. The layout was fun and challenging with a lots of great elevation changes, especially on the Merlot 9. The day I played had a stiff wind which made things interesting. The greens were in good shape but they were unpredictable. Downhill putts were sometimes slow, uphill putts were sometimes fast, putts that “clearly” should have a nice break stayed straight and putts that had no detectable break shot the the left or right at the last second...good luck.

Commented On 07/02/2019

Thank you for the wonderful 4-star review! Now that you have more of a feel for the course we hope you'll test out your skills again soon.

Commented On 07/01/2019

Hello, u1773498. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Great course and condition

Golf course in great condition. Our problem was that they sent us out as a two some and we had to wait to play at every shot. Sometimes up to 5-7 minutes.

Commented On 07/01/2019

Thank you for the 4 stars! We're sorry to learn you waited longer than expected, but we hope you'll give us another shot soon!

slow greens!!!

Slow greens
There greens are considerably slower than most course around the area

Commented On 07/01/2019

We hope you'll join us again soon now that your have more of a feel for the course!

Fantastic Course

I played Poppy Ridge yesterday and it was wonderful. The greens were very well maintained and the fairways in good condition. I played Merlot/Chardonnay and the course design was challenging but very enjoyable. I played with a very nice young man that works at the course and having his course knowledge was a big help. The hilly terrain while difficult at times was so beautiful. I'm on business in the area and would strongly recommend others visiting the area to play Poppy Ridge.

Commented On 07/02/2019

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We're glad you chose to play Poppy Ridge while on your visit. We hope to see you out here again on your next trip!

Plays Twice a year

Bang for your Buck

The Chardonnay-Zinfandel combo had well maintained fairways and manageable rough (there quite a bit). The tee box on some were still wet, the bunkers were also wet, but the greens, though maintained, were slower than usual.

I have always liked PR and now have a discount for Seniors at $49 with cart. Have not been golfing that much anymore and played here after 4 years or so. Still liking it.

Commented On 07/18/2019

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you noticed how great we've been doing. Come play again soon!

Always enjoy the course, but greens need to speed up

Always enjoy my rounds at Poppy and is my preferred course in the Tri-valley area. The staff is great and off course amenities are excellent. The pro shop is top notch, with everything you need and more. This course checks all the boxes, but I only have 1 complaint...The greens are way too slow for a course like this and they’ve remained slow for the past year or so. I’ve played this course several times and I know what the greens can be. I miss the old poppy greens and hope they speed up. If anyone from Poppy reads this, please let me know if there’s plans to speed them up. I played today and might have been the slowest I’ve ever seen them...Still a great course and will continue to play poppy on a regular basis.

Commented On 06/19/2019

Thank you for the great 4-star review! We're honored you consider Poppy Ridge your "preferred course in the Tri-valley area." If you'd like to learn more about our greens, we'd be happy to discuss this with you if you call us directly at the pro shop!

Overall awesome! Fun and challenging. The wind plays a huge factor. Only complaint is the sand bunkers were very compacted. Like hitting off loose concrete. But the rest of the course was in great shape. Greens were a little slow but pin placement was challenging. Looking forward to playing here again.

Commented On 05/23/2019

We're glad you had a fun, challenging round! We look forward to your next round with us soon.

Great track. Good pace. Greens are slowest around.

Course was in overall good condition but the greens, while rolling true, are incredibly too slow. Feels like you had to slam it to get it in the hole.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Thank you for the 4-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We'll look into your greens concern. It's 74 and sunny today so get golfing soon!

Commented On 03/25/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Drains well after heavy rains

After a week of wet weather, had to get out and play. Poppy Ridge drains well despite rain all day the day before we found minimal muddy conditions on the course. Greens were in really good shape, fairways were ramps but no standing water. We finished in 3.5 hours despite a tournament teeing off earlier in the morning. Only complaint is there was a total tool in front of us that would leave deep foot prints in the bunkers and not even have the decency to take after himself. Hope his ball plugs on every shot. What an asswipe.

Commented On 03/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate us. We're glad you decided to come out and play! We're glad you enjoyed the pace of play on a weekend.

Commented On 03/04/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

Wet but fun

Got out at 1115am on a Friday with practically no one on the course. Cloudy and cold during the front 9 (Chardonnay) and then the sprinkles started around 200pm during the back 9 (Zinfandel). Almost finished all holes...but the water was starting to puddle in the fairways and on Greens, so we had to bypass the 18th hole. Good pace of place of play for cart path only. Gotta do this course in the sunny and dry!

Commented On 02/11/2019

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We hope you'll join us again soon this season on a sunnier day!

Excellent

Ist time I play in this golf course, so empress the layout,well maintained.Lots of character.Golf course lay out make it difficult and challenging.Greens are hard to read also it’s not easy to estimate the distance.You need gps..This makes this Golf course very hard to challenge,.Ball placements And course management is very important in order to lower your score in this Course.i injoy playing with my friend .Be very careful about the banker .

Commented On 01/28/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you had a blast playing #PoppyRidgeGolfCourse for the first time. Now that you have a feel for the layout, we hope you'll join us again soon!

Drains well after rain

Was surprised of how the greens, tee boxes and fairways held up after a week of rain even though it was cart path only. Would like to see a Marshall police the first tee as we were stuck behind 2 double riders which one of them were late and should of skipped a hole to keep up with their group. Would play again

Commented On 01/23/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad our course conditions exceeded your expectations. We will look into your Marshall concern. We look forward to your next tee time with us!

Commented On 04/30/2019

Thanks for the 5 stars! We're glad you had an excellent time at the course.

Bogey Female Golfer

One of my favorite courses...fairways are wide enough to keep most shots in play. Women’s tees provide lots of opportunities to reach green in regulation. Greens are typically fast.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We're glad you always enjoy your round at Poppy Ridge Golf Course. Be sure to come back soon!

Lovely Livermore golf

Breathtaking views, challenging golf and vineyards everywhere. Golf the 27 hole track and challenge your skills in the morning and then enjoy wine tasting in the afternoon.
Hard to beat!

Commented On 03/18/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the beautiful scenery as well as the challenge our golf course has to offer. Be sure to book your next tee time with us soon!

Livermore, California