Oak Marsh is a Pete Dye-designed golf course that is one of three 18-hole courses at Amelia Island Plantation. The Oak Marsh course meanders alongside the Atlantic Ocean, providing sweeping views and an ever-changing sea breeze.

Appropriately named after its terrain of scenic salt marshes and moss-draped heritage oaks, the golf course has a stunning landscape that is ideal for a challenging round. Dye protected the natural beauty of the island by carefully maintaining the tidal marshes, oceanfront dunes, grassland, and savannahs. The layout features tight fairways and small, bulk-headed greens, a classic Dye element. There are a variety of bunkers strategically placed throughout and water comes into play on fourteen holes.

OMNI Amelia Island Plantation – Oak Marsh

Year Built 1972
Architect Pete Dye (1972) MacCurrach Golf

Dress code Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops,

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2019 #32)

Playing Multiple Courses 24

Absolutely amazing course

If you get a chance play this course. Good layout, quick greens and in great shape. Use GolfNow for the best price.

Where is the Ranger?

Our foursome followed another foursome and waited 3-6 minutes on each tee. Horrible course management.

Great scenery

Pretty neat course. It meanders through some of the Marsh with those holes being totally exposed to the elements. The other holes go throughout some very nice homes and gorgeous mossy oak trees. Some holes are easy distances and very gettable while others make up for their generous distances. Bunkers positioned well surrounding the greens so make sure you pay attention of where not to miss and ponds and hazards are positioned from off the tee so again just look forward on the hole and see what’s out there for you. Here’s the funny thing though, the greens rolled great and definently held shots when hitting into them however the grass seems very thin on some of them all most bare and it’s like there’s a layer of black algae or fungus under the grass but again, it did not affect the putts, not sure how they do it but they do. Great clubhouse -and had good range and putting area. Carts have GPS and also USB charging ports. Hope this helps, enjoy and good luck!

Senior Suicide

I felt compelled to write a review. To get to the point, I understand from staff that there were rule changes after the first of the year. No more FREE range balls. This seems ridiculous considering the price for a round of golf and the balls are Recoverable! Also, my main complaint! The course is great for walking but poor for riding. Many of the fairways were Roped Off along the cart path to restrict 90 degree rule, so a walk across the fairway to evaluate, back to pick a club and back for the stroke. This not the the proper way to play! It was my second time at the course and I am an intermediate golfer. I won’t be back. But like I said, the staff were great, so maybe, you can put up with restrictions.

Florida Residents

Very disappointed that more tee times are not made available and kept only for Florida Residents
No one was ahead of us or behind. It is off season at Fernandina Beach and you should make more tee times at great rates available to promote play

Return here

Everything here is easy...except the course. Staff gets you signed in, onto your cart and out on the course seamlessly.

Commented on 02/13/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, edrooke! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation!

From the start

When Brianna meets you with a smile your day is going to be special and it was

Commented on 02/13/2020

Thanks for the great review! We'll make sure to pass your positive feedback along to Brianna. We hope to see you again soon!

Must play

Comparable to the players champ course in Pontevedraecxept a bit easier and less expensive. The marsh views are fantastic as is the entire setting. I'll be back to play again inboxed a few minths

Commented on 02/04/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation!

Very Nice

Really beautiful course, in nice shape. It's a resort course so not the most challenging (for good golfers!) but there are several holes that have good risk/reward opportunities and you have to be fairly creative many holes. Many houses line the fairways but at least if your on a hole without homes close by you have marsh and bay to consider. If I was a better duffer I would probably enjoy it even more.
I recommend the course to average to above average golfers. Visually appealing as well.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation thanks you!

Excellent Value

Great course in excellent condition. Best value around Jacksonville.

Commented on 01/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Gary9405422! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation!

Oak Marsh - Great place to play

I love playing this golf course. It is challenging and always in great condition. The staff is professional and very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this course to anyone.

Commented on 02/04/2020

Thanks for the great 5-star review!

Nice day on a Dye layout

This is a fun course. The day was cold and windy but when the sun peaked out it felt great. The course seemed to have some maintenance going on and it was not as quiet and pristine as I remember it. (They were respectful of golfers thought) Most holes are lined with homes on the course but there are some very lovely marsh views and some challenging shots. Most Dye courses I've played have more undulations in the fairway and this seems a little different but it was in good condition for this time of year and the wind made it challenging for high ball hitters on a few of the more narrow fairways. I think the interesting beauty of the layout is the water features. The way it meanders around the fairways/greens on a few holes is a very attractive natural look and adds a bit of thinking on lay-up shots. On two holes, I hit what I thought was a perfect second shot only to find I was in the marsh or water. Longer is not always better so judge your layups accurately.
Bunkers were a little firm and didn't have that plush soft feel and could use more powdery sand. About half of the holes were roped off so driving on the fairways/rough was not allowed the day I played.
The staff was very pleasant. The FL resident greens fee (35) is a very reasonable rate but you have to pay for range balls ($9/bag) and there was a $1 internet convenience fee, so add 10 bucks to whatever you paid online. All in all, it is still a reasonable rate for this resort-style course.
This was my third time playing this course and I will return again. The pro shop is reasonably well-stocked with what you would expect.
I have not eaten at the restaurant so no comment there. But it is part of the Omni so I would expect it to meet or exceed expectations.
I enjoy this course and its sister course (long point). I would not hesitate to recommend this.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hello, thank you so much for the detailed review and feedback! We're happy to hear you had an enjoyable time with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course!

Superb by all measures

Great course, great conditions. The staff was extra nice too.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, tjlannan! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation!

Great Resort Course

Golf course was in great shape, and my group and I really enjoyed it. The course is challenging but fair, it’s a Pete Dye design the layout thru the inner costal is special. #16 -#18 is everything that you can want out of a finish. The staff is very friendly and they have a great pro shop.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Hello, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Nice course but...

Course was in ok shape-it has been played a lot but that is to be expected of a resort course. We got a good price and that was good. But nowhere was it mentioned that 8 of the 9 holes on the front were cart path only. This was a challenge for some on my group. When one person had to stop after 9, she asked for a credit for 9 holes and was told no! She was also told that the holes weren’t cart path only-yet there were stakes and strings along the entire hole. The staff in the pro shop was very disrespectful and therefore we will choose another course the next time we visit. The restaurant staff and cart guys were very nice.

Commented on 01/18/2020

Play this course weekly, there was only one hole on the front 9 that was roped off, no clue what this group is talking about. Course is fun and in good shape.

Commented on 01/15/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation. We hope to see you again in the future.

Lots of fun!

Beautiful course in better than average shape. Not great but really good. Play the gold tees on the last three holes. The views are worth it! Definitely will play again.

Commented on 01/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, mtbuster! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation!

Commented on 01/14/2020

Hello, Soonhkim. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Amelia Island, Florida
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4.1551941176
Ferandina Beach, Florida
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Mayport, Florida

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.