Oak Marsh at Amelia Island Plantation

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes

Dress code: Proper dress is required for all golf activities. Bathing suits, cut-offs, blue jeans, tank tops,
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Oak Marsh is a Pete Dye-designed golf course that is one of three 18-hole courses at Amelia Island Plantation. The Oak Marsh course meanders alongside the Atlantic Ocean, providing sweeping views and an ever-changing sea breeze.

Appropriately named after its terrain of scenic salt marshes and moss-draped heritage oaks, the golf course has a stunning landscape that is ideal for a challenging round. Dye protected the natural beauty of the island by carefully maintaining the tidal marshes, oceanfront dunes, grassland, and savannahs. The layout features tight fairways and small, bulk-headed greens, a classic Dye element. There are a variety of bunkers strategically placed throughout and water comes into play on fourteen holes.

Location is at a resort worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge playing multiple courses   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for patio dining drinks 19th hole scenic views

"Great round.. challenging course"

georgebouton's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2018

We had a great time, course is in great condition.

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/17/2018:

Thanks for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course, George! We're glad you had a great time and enjoyed the course conditions. Come back soon!

"Oak Marsh"

gncrenshaw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2018

Absolutely a beautiful course, great layout with a wonderful staff. Will play again when we go down next

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course and for the 5-star review. We look forward to you playing out here again next time you visit the area.

"Enjoyable Resort Quality Course"

Lipz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018

Nice variety of well kept tee boxes. Greens, green side and bunkers well groomed. If visiting Amelia/Jacksonville you won’t be disappointed here.

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/19/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course! We're glad you enjoyed your round and we appreciate you recommending our course to other golfers visiting the area. Come back soon!

"Didn't have my A Game"

u000007192505's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The tips are a beast. I had problems with the narrow fairways, 2 and 17 ate my lunch today. Next time I come out I will move up to the blue tees, Grreen are prefect but the 12 downgrade and 6 agaist the grain had me guessing. Pete Dye is a master! Course could not be in better shape. Played on a $50 hot deal

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/17/2018:

Thanks for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our challenging, beautiful, and fun golf course. Be sure to leave us another review next time you play and Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

"Excellent course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018

I definitely recommend playing here. This course is in excellent condition and has a beautiful layout. No need to roll the ball the fairways are plush. Worth every dollar.

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course and for recommending other golfers to play out here as well. We appreciate your kind words regarding our course conditions and we hope you'll join us for another round soon.

"Great place until the 7th hole"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Course was fair at Best

staff was good

got into an argument with the Ranger and he threw us off the course and told us not to come back over the fact They had four groups on one hole and I wanted to play through but they didn’t allow it

Response from Oak Marsh Golf Course on 07/10/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course. We’re sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars. Thursday was a busy day for us but the pace of play was still moving along smoothly. We understand you may have had a conversation with the ranger but I can assure you that you were not thrown off the course. On a busy day like Thursday, we just ask that golfers don’t take it upon themselves to skip multiple groups during the round. Again, we apologize if you didn’t enjoy your round as much as we’d hope for but we definitely would like you to come back and give us another try in the near future.

samuelpaulk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/06/2018:

Thanks for the 5 stars, Samuel! Come back soon.

"this course is awesome !"

u219667280's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course is in great condition . We had a fantastic time .It is tough so lower your expectations .

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/06/2018:

Thanks for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course conditions and had a fantastic time. Come back again soon!

"Amelia Island Oak Marsh Summer Round"

ameliaphil's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Quiet and peaceful day in nature on Amelia Island's Oak Marsh golf course. The hot and humid weather enabled us to play a fast paced round while giving us the time to enjoy the Ibis's, rabbits and fabulous marsh views.

Course is well maintained from tees to greens. No complaints, especially at this price point courtesy of Golf Now special!

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/06/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course! We're glad to hear the pace of play allowed you to enjoy your round even more. Come back again soon. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

"Birthday round"

obordoj's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

Had a great time celebrating my buddy’s birthday. Fantastic condition, pretty good layout, some of the best finishing holes (only second to the Stadium Course in NE FL)

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course! We're glad to hear you had a great time celebrating your friend's birthday. Your kind words regarding the course conditions and layout are much appreciated. Come back again soon!

"Great pace of play"

getiii's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Worth the drive up from Jacksonville will do it as often as we can

9,17 and 18 are great golf holes

Response from Oak Marsh on 06/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!

studpuppy53's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

Response from Oak Marsh on 06/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Fun day"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

We picked a fairly hot day to play but the course was certainly not crowded and I was surprised. This is a very nice course for the amount we spent on our hot deal. The cart girl called our lunch order in while we were on the 8th hole so when we made the turn it was waiting for us. Pace of play was what ever we wanted because no one in front of us but we had a 2 man team to catch us fairly quick so we let them play thru. The course was in very good shape and I just wish it wasn't an hour and 1/2 drive for me or I would play more often. We are very fortunate to live in Florida where golf is available year round. Everyone should visit the courses in the Amelia Island area as they are very well maintained. This one will bring a smile to your face. Hope you have as much fun as I did. God bless America!

Response from Oak Marsh on 07/06/2018:

Wow, what an awesome 5-star review! Thank you for sharing your experience and for recommending Oak Marsh to other golfers as well. We hope you make the drive out here again soon!

"Round with Atlanta Friend"

bbuchholz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

My friend was on Amelia for business and we decided to play here. Fee was greatly reduced due to greens having recently been aerated (but effects were minimal). We had the course to ourselves early on Saturday afternoon. Very picturesque course with some very memorable holes. Great experience.

Response from Oak Marsh on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the course conditions, especially after the recent aerification. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again on your next business trip.

"Wednesday Away From Work"

ezmoney818's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

The course was in great shape even though they aerated the greens 10 days earlier. The course was slow for the day so I went out as a single and had no issues playing. Beautiful and fun course to play. I highly recommend.

Response from Oak Marsh on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the great 5-Star review, we appreciate the feedback and your patience as the course was recently aerated. As the course conditions to transition into the hot Summer months we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018

Course was picturesque and challenging. Course condition was excellent except for the aerated greens which were still very playable. I highly recommend this course.

Response from Oak Marsh on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course. We appreciate you highly recommending our golf course to others as well. Come back soon!

"Great course"

jonathancudd's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

Other than the greens just being punched, the course was in great shape. It was almost like no one had been playing on it. The fairways were plush. Very hard to get into a lot of trouble on the course. It is fairly open for the most part.

Response from Oak Marsh on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course, Jonathan. We appreciate you pointing out how great the course conditions are. Our maintenance crew does a fantastic job. Hope to see you out here again soon. Be sure to Follow us on social media @OmniOakMarshGC.

"A must play if you’re staying on Amelia Island"

fsuchief61's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

I’ve been coming to Amelia Island for the last three years and decided to play Oak Marsh because of the great FL/GA resident discount. Wow, what a beautiful course with some very nice scenery. The course is fair but tough at the same time, this is a shot placement and accuracy type course. The greens played very well and rolled true, this will be part of my course rotation from here on out!

Response from Oak Marsh on 05/31/2018:

Thank you for finally giving us a chance out here at Oak Marsh Golf Course. It sounds like we exceeded your expectations and we couldn't be more thrilled. We look forward to being a part of your course rotation from here on out. See you again soon!

Commented on 06/12/2018

This was my first visit to Amelia Island. Made a deal with the family to let me play here while they visited the downtown area. I still believe I got the better deal! The aerated greens have completely healed and the fairways are perfect too. In fact I was impressed by how well the entire course was maintained. There are several areas on the course were ice and water are provided. Even the cart girl came by many times to make sure I was fine. The entire staff was nice and very friendly. In closing, just when you think it doesn’t get any better, you are presented with three picturesque finishing holes. Hope to visit again...soon!!!

lizdro's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2018

Loved everything about it, course was in fabulous condition. Everyone was nice, friendly and helpful....only if every course I played was like this.

Response from Oak Marsh on 05/31/2018:

Wow, what a great review! Thank you so much for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course. Be sure to follow us on social media @OmniOakMarshGC. Come back again soon!

"Nice Pete Dye work"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

I was staying at Omni Hotel. I wanted to try Long Point but found out it was Ladies club tournament. I must say I was impressed with the course conditions as it poured rain most of the night and we were off the cart path. I played saturday also. both rounds were finished in 3.5 hours. The last three holes are spectacular. What a way to finish.

I was able to store my clubs between rounds. Enjoyed lunch at the grill. Highly recommend.

Response from Oak Marsh on 05/31/2018:

Thank you for playing Oak Marsh Golf Course! We're glad you enjoyed two rounds out here and we appreciate you recommending our golf course to others as well. Come back again soon!