River's Bend Golf Club

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

1.6
1.1
2.2
1.4

Scorecard for River's Bend
Blue M: 71.9/132 346 435 210 515 178 478 421 200 422 3205 555 377 559 462 435 167 346 127 438 3466 6671
White M: 69.3/126 311 398 168 472 155 472 355 164 389 2884 504 353 528 426 410 145 320 117 415 3218 6102
Gold M: 66.7/121 W: 70.2/120 283 354 136 452 143 413 321 152 326 2580 451 323 494 399 388 129 303 109 351 2947 5527
Red W: 67.8/117 270 286 116 402 138 405 285 129 264 2295 404 265 446 338 369 110 277 97 331 2637 4932

Year Built 1991
Architect Steve Smyers

Carts Yes - 1/2 cart included in green fee

Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.

1.6

Disgrace to Gold

Read the reviews before I played and thought that it couldn't be as bad as it said. It was worse. I went in with the lowest expectations possible and the course still didn't meet them. The greens are cracked and upturned to a point where putting is not feasible. Stuff is so overgrown that you cannot see where the fairway is. Had to pick up after 11 holes because it is simply not playable and should be out of business. They would have to pay me to go back.

Never again

I have never played a course in as poor of a condition as this one. I actually lost a ball on the green for a second because it rolled under a chunk of broken green. It would take years to restore this course into a playable golf course. The $15 dollars I was charged was more than the round was worth. On one tee box I couldn't find a spot where the grass was short enough to drive my tee into the ground. I should have gone to the driving range instead.

Awful conditions

I played this course 2 years ago. It was ok. Played it yesterday and I should of played on some farmers pasture. Would of been better. They had no electricity for 10 days so pumps were of. Greens were soooo bad that they were cracked everywhere. The fairways were so thick and high that you would lose a ball almost on every hole. It's a shame. It's a great layout by the water but there is no money going into this place. Someone should buy it or build houses on it. Go to the driving range instead. At least you will see where your ball ends up.

stone454
Commented On 09/07/2015

I look at the course last Friday the 4 th of September and it was like loking at a field, The greens were muddy no grass and the surroundings where like the course has veen abandon. Please dont waste your time making the drive.

Please listen

This course has so much potential, but is hands down the worst course I have ever played. They put zero money into this place and it's a shame. Beautiful back drops and in a great neighborhood, but such a waste. Someone needs to buy this course and put in the work to make it great. You can hit the ball straight and in the middle of the fairway and not be able to find your ball! The greens arent close to being green and can't be made of grass at this point. They look like a desert floor. I really feel sad for the course...

LOL

I have never seen a course in such bad condition. My back yard is better than the course. There is no difference between the fairways and rough. Bunkers have no sand. Nothing but weeds and overgrowth in them. The "greens" are completely dried out, brown, and cracked. Some of the holes are eroding out. Any amount of money to play this course is too much. They should pay you to play it.

greens burnt and fairways not cut

We drove 35 miles to play. when we arrived no power no working snack bar or cold drinks. greens were burnt and crusting like dried mud in a mudhole. Fairways were not cut and bunkers had weeds and grass growing out of them. Found out later from reading a review power was cut off by power company week of July 12th. I will from now on read reviews prior to booking. Would appreciate a refund. Thanks

Walk on By

Sad to see this course now. Everything is broken and the power company was there disconnecting the power. Grass is growing everywhere except the greens. I'm hoping that a new ownership group takes this over and renovates this course, because I can see where this lay out was good at one time.

Rough course

nice layout but the course is in horrible conditions. Greens are half grass half dirt. The bunkers are grass. For the 15 I played I would do it again because only place you can play 18 for cheap like that but they are rough.

Terrible of course

Terrible golf course I recommend never playing this golf course it needs to be reconstructed completely the conditions of it are so poor that they shouldn't charge money to play at this golf course. I would be ashamed to live on this golf course.

Walking Dead Golf

To give Rivers Bend the benefit of the doubt, we played two days after a lot of rain. Having said this, the course looked as if it had been closed for a month or two. Worst putting surfaces I've ever seen, and the whole course is in overall disrepair. I would not recommend this course to anyone. It's a shame too, because this place has a fun layout, it just hasn't been taken care of.

Please put this course out of it's misery

Played this course a 100 times or so for the past 20 years but before Saturday not in about 5 years. I heard about the awful condition it had deteriorated to so I had to see for myself. GolfNow for $15 on a Saturday midday (red flag).....why not? TRUST me....Not worth it! I feel they now owe me $20. Long story short.....moldy greens, thatch work fair ways, tee boxes...a bad joke, etc, etc

They should pay you to play this terrible course. Needs to be shut down.

Worst course I have ever seen. Greens are basically dirt and they are splitting open needing water. Can't tell fairways from the rough. Carts are old and broken, holes in seats and windshield busted. Do not waste your time. This course needs to be shutdown and removed from the golfnow site. Was looking for a cheap round with my 14 year old but we gave up after 14.

Course Condition Improvements Needed

Course needs some major improvement to the conditions (ie- Water the greens & overall landscape care).

Rivers bend

Concrete fairways and uncut grass made the round very frustrating. We left after 10 holes. The staff was fantastic and the course was cheap, however, it will be my last trip here.

Terrible Conditions

Worst golf course I have ever played very glad I only paid $18

Sad

I played this course over 10 years ago and to see how badly it has deteriorated is really sad. You will get a great deal on your green fees and when you play the course you will find out why.

So much potential

A buddy and I booked an afternoon tee time for under $20 per person so we figured we would try out the course even though we had read many poor reviews. Unfortunately, the reviews are all accurate. The course is in very poor condition. Muddy tee boxes, crab grass fairways, bunkers filled with tall weeds and water, chunky/bumpy greens throughout the course. It is a shame because I really loved the layout of the course and most of the holes are very well designed. If the course were in the shape it should be in I would gladly pay $40-$50 and play here on a regular basis. The maintenance guy (who was really nice) indicated that they were working on getting things back into a more playable condition. Hopefully this happens sooner than later because it has the feel of an abandoned course right now. Overall, the staff was great and if you are looking for a cheap round to hack some balls around and not worry at all about your scorecard you can get what you pay for here.

Needs work

Even though it is winter a course honestly should not be in that bad of shape. Sad to see what use to be one of the better courses in VA now like this. Crab grass on the greens, more grass than sand in bunkers, plus much more.

Poor weather

I enjoyed this course. I've heard so much about it and for the deal I couldn't pass it by. I surely will go back again.

Friendly staff- look forward to playing again next year

We had a very enjoyable round. The staff could not have been nicer- we understood that the course was undergoing some reconditioning and we look forward to returning in the spring. Thanks so much for your warm hospitality!

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019