Celebration Golf Club

Gift this Course
  • 701 Golf Park Dr, Celebration, Florida 34747
  • www.celebrationgolf.com

Year built: 1996
Architect(s): Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1996), Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1996)
Type: Public
Greens: Champion Dwarf Bermuda
Fairways: 419 Bermuda/Poa Trivialis

Pull-carts: No
GPS: Yes

Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire required at all times including collared shirts for all players and riders; refrain from denim, cut-offs, bathing suits, tank tops, camouflage, and tee shirts.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diner's Card

Black/Gold 72 6817 yards 73.6 138
Gold/Silver 72 6259 yards 70.8 133
Silver 72 5958 yards 69.1 130
Silver (W) 72 5958 yards 75.5 135

Location is near local attractions convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch amazing food

"Greens only thing going for it"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

I have played at celebration multiple times and should have questioned the rate they had going for a Rd. Other then the greens and bunkers, the rest of the course was in awful shape. I can't remember a tee box that had grass and the fairways were mostly dead and dirt. With that being said, the greens were in very good shape.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

We are terribly sorry to hear you did not enjoy Celebration Golf Club. Thank you for the complement on our greens.

xkyleclark3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Let me start off by talking about all of the positives on my round. The greens were in fantastic shape. Rolled very nicely and quite fast. The service across the board was exceptional and the food was delicious. I was very underwhelmed with the pace of play as it was around 5 hours. The tee boxes were in terrible shape, which is quite surprising given who nice celebration has always been in the past. Still one of my favorite tracks may just wait a little while before returning.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

Thank you so much for the 4-star review of Celebration Golf Club. We would like to apologize for the slow pace of play and the course conditions. We are working to improve the conditions. Please come back and visit us soon.

"CELEBRATION GOLF COURSE #1"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

Had a great Florida Day for my 2nd time on this course... Courae was in great shape and very much playable as I did during the winter months. Staff is the #1 KEY from the carts, cashiers, starters and grounds keeper!!! My family on vacation loved the layout and ease of access plus the Club House Menus... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK/SERVICE!!!

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Celebration Golf Club. Thank you for the compliments. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Negative critique"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

Cashier Kathy was rude. Ended up only playing 9 holes, went back in to get range balls and asked for small bucket. Even though there was a price list for small, medium, and large right on top of the counter, I received a smirk and was told "we usually only sell medium and large...the small is for hitting balls before the round." She shook her head and begrudgingly sold the small bucket. I have been to celebration many times and never had this kind of service.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/13/2018:

We are very sorry to hear about your experience while you were here at Celebration Golf Club. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests have the best possible experience. Please feel free to reach out to our GM John Bixler.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018

Course was in great shape pace of play was a little slow never saw a Ranger lunch was good in the clubhouse incredible layout lots of undulations in the green

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/13/2018:

Thank you so much for the 4-star review of Celebration Golf Club. Come back and visit us soon.

"Residents...Make sure you have a FL license !"

Akimchuk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

I have been wanting to play this course for a long time, and when I saw a low price on GN for residents I grabbed it. I have owned a home in the area for some time, and have always booked the resident rates. I carry an electric bill, as well as other proof of local ownership with me. Most courses do not even ask, and those that have fully accept the documentation I carry.

Celebration is the one an only course that I’ve encountered who insists on a FL drivers license. The person at the counter is merely filling the established rules, and the “manager” too the same approach. I convinced the manager to give the resident rate, it he made a point to mark this in my profile for future Due to this and the $30 difference in price (at this time of year) between resident and non, I will not return. There are far to many great courses in the area that are happy to have my business.

The course is very nice. Visually appealing with nice homes along the fairways, and water everywhere which creates a nice visual effect. My only criticism of the course was the tee boxes. They are uneven, and sparce with grass in some cases. I found myself teeing off on an incline, or with the ball below my feet on a number of holes.

The staff was generally helpful. Resteraunt was good for a post game bite to eat, and the carts are among the nicest I’ve ever seen. No on course refreshment cart.

Pace of play was a bit over 4 hours.

If it were not for the resident rate issue, I would return.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/11/2018:

Thank you for the review of Celebration Golf Club. We are sorry to hear about the experience you faced while you were here. We do in fact have FL Resident rates and non-resident rates. Sorry for the confusion.

Commented on 07/13/2018

I think you missed my point. I understand that you have resident and non resident rates. As a local home owner, I question your burden of proof. You need to be open to more than a drivers license.

"Nice course on Orlando"

kpgilje's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Very nice, cozy park course in Orlando. Some wet fairways and bunkers, but a course I will come back to.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/11/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Celebration Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Average in every way"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Just a standard Florida golf course. Nothing great nothing too bad. Total beige golf but good for the money.

Just get a grip about pace of play. It’s a disease in America right now. Life is to be enjoyed at a leisurely pace without the worry of little men in white hats running about like the Alice in wonderland rabbit. Relax folks have a Cadbury caramel.

Play the course folks. Nice setting

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

Thank you for playing Celebration Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Best greens"

Rock2010's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018

The greens were in excellent shape very smooth and fast. Fairways were wet today cart path only .

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/09/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Celebration Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

relackey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

Great layout near Disney. Worth the play. Pace can be slow. Course does not drain well and can be cart path only after heavy rains.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/13/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Celebration Golf Club, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your round despite the rain and pace of play. Please come back and visit us soon.

"The course is always WET in summer"

DLTarqytek's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

The course does not drain well. If you are playing during the rainy months, expect it to be cart path only most of the time.

It is one of my favorite courses in Orlando, but always have issues playing in the summer due to the low ground conditions and poor drainage.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/03/2018:

Thank you for playing Celebration Golf Club. Please be sure to visit us during the season! You will love it!

relackey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018

Great track with challenging layout. Course does not drain well, so tends to be cart path only after a heavy rain. Close to Disney and a must play.

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 07/03/2018:

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the layout. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Unexpected additional charges beyond prepaid & very pushy cart attendant."

PCsReasy's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

Had to pay several MORE dollars to get on the course above and beyond the what I thought was a paid in full prepaid through GolfNow. Seems that they want you to chip in extra money for their conservation. Charges should be advised up front during the booking process.

I personally don't like to have cart attendants messing with my clubs. Very expensive custom set. I told the cart attendant that I would take care of my equipment and off load my clubs, he became overbearing to the extent I had to forcibly tell him to back off and get away from me while I was preparing my bag for off load to my car.

As he finally walked away so I could do what I needed to do, he made some snyd remark not consistent with good customer service.

I won't golf there again!

Response from Celebration Golf Club on 06/29/2018:

We are very sorry to hear about your experience while you were here at Celebration Golf Club. Please feel free to reach out to our GM to discuss this further.

"Great round"

Cnzwagner's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Excellent course with the staff. Just enough challenges for any golfer

Response from Celebration Management on 06/27/2018:

"Great Course"

pejuddman's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

Love playing here the staff is awesome and they just received new carts with the plushest seats. Thanks Everyone at Celebration Golf Club.

Response from Celebration Management on 06/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Celebration Golf Club. Glad to hear you enjoyed the new carts. Please come back and visit us soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

Response from Celebration Management on 06/25/2018:

"Fantastic Everytime"

Rafascott's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Have played Celebration a few times now and each time is always a real pleasure. Great welcome at bag drop, check-in and starter which always makes it feel special. Greens had recently been sanded but this did not affect the speed (quick) or line as they are always very true and in great shape. Some really tough holes with lots of water in play but nothing unfair. Hit good shots and you will be rewarded. Apart from the abundant wildlife it is hard to take your eyes off some of the houses sitting back from the fairways - Wow, it would be great to stay in one of these mansions!! Will definitely be back as this is one of the best courses in the Orlando area

Response from Celebration Management on 06/21/2018:

Thank you so much for the kind words of Celebration Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Excellent Course"

McPartlk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2018

Challenging course in a fantastic setting. Great facilities interms of practice & clubhouse after you finish your round. A must play if you are in town,, the course is recovering (as is every course in the area) from adverse Spring weather conditions but still looks good. Greens are fast but true and in good condition, we’ve played 10 courses since we’ve been here and the greens are amongst the 3 best.and that includes the Disney courses. Summer rates are priced well so take advantage, as it gets expensive in peak season unsurprisingly. We can’t wait to go back!

Response from Celebration Management on 06/21/2018:

We are thrilled to hear you had a great time playing our golf course. Please come back and visit us soon.

"well maintained."

kendogrim's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Due to the rain overnight it was cart path only and that is not good in that heat. the ball didn't run & it was wet under foot more so on the back nine, it was a little like that the last time we played it. The greens were good

The bar closes at 6 or there about so if you want a drink go to the tavern.

hangar5prods's avatar