Highlands Reserve Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Mike Dasher (1998)

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

Play here every year

Love Highlands Reserve come back every year. All types shots with some forgiveness.

Nice company

Very nice course. Slow people in front. When they let us through after nine holes the game became better and more fun. They said they were waiting then selves, but it took us another 8 holes to catch up.
Not the golf clubs fault, but just frustrating.
Good value for the money and will be back.

Day out

Greens very slow and many dead places, tee boxes dead, fairways ok lots of weeds

Commented on 10/11/2019

We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making inaccurate comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes.

Great layout and quick greens. Elevation changes abound and good club selection is imperative. Great value for the drive. Will be back soon.

Nice course.

The course has recently been cored and sanded but it hasn’t taken long to recover. Some greens are a little sandy but they are still running pretty fast. A good mix of holes. Work should be done to improve the 18th. Sometimes there is too much of a difference between tees.

Great Hot Deal!

Love the layout, fantastic for a Florida course, with elevation on a number of tees
Can’t beat the hot deal price.
Greens needed a bit of attention.
Have played here before and will be back again.

Highland reserve

Overall good experience. No complaints. Greens are showing improvement and work is being done to clear overgrowth of trees on front nine. Definitely would recommend the course.

Highland Reserve

Great layout. Fun to play. Aeration still and issue on the greens and bunkers could do with some more sand and a could churning..Ownership and management investing in and upgrading the course.

Oh dear !!!!!

3rd Orlando course this week and all seem to have the same problem. Poor unkempt fairways and tee boxes , long weedy rough , cratered sandy greens . This is a common theme . We’ve not paid huge amounts of money so the courses are living up to the adage - you get what you pay for. Really disappointing with the quality of this course - the layout is great but no good if you can’t find your ball. Worth mentioning that there’s no on course service or marshalling and that the golf shop is combined with the bar. Changing rooms are non existent . Another course where there were few players to pay for the improvements needed. Staff were really helpful and there were bargains to be had in the golf shop. It’s a play once course .

Commented on 10/08/2019

First, let us say that we are sorry you were disappointed in course condition, however it seems as you stated it has been all three courses you played. This is the time of year here in Florida where all courses must aerify the greens, hence the low pricing at these courses. Every course in the area has done their greens in last 2 to 4 weeks. Right before they were done, they were wonderful and will be again in another week. In the meantime, you will run into the issue in the area as part of the recovery process is top dressing with sand.

Great course great people

I had a fantastic round of golf here, the course was well looked after and I will definitely return. I met 3 great guys 2 from orlando and the other from the uk they really made me feel at home. Some of the holes were very long but easily playable. This is a well looked after course and the staff were very friendly.

Par

Overall this is a nice course and I will play it again but there are some issues that they have been working on but the results are not showing. Tee boxes while maintained are mostly weeds. Driving range looks terrible but does the job. Irrigation new but doesn't appear to be used. The exciting part is they are one good overseed away from this course really popping into something special

Best part is all of the elevation changes on the course the views from on top of the hills are great along with wide open fairways made the course really enjoyable. The greens where just aerated and top-dressed so they were a bit challenging. Overall again good course will be back for sure

Poor greens

I have played here before, although it was three years ago. Compared to then we found the condition of the course to be disappointing. The staff were as welcoming as before and the club hire was straight forward and the clubs were in good condition. The first problem we encountered was the yardages. The first hole off the gold tee markers was supposed to be over 300 yards, however it looked a lot shorter and we decided to wait while the four ball in front had left the green. Which turned out to be a good decision as my son in law drove the green. We soon learned to look for a yardage marker on the tee and not trust the card. The first three greens were bad I mean really bad, the bald patches had been covered in sand and in places it was a few millimetres thick. Some of the other greens were better but all had a dressing of sand. On the plus side the course is well laid out and has in the main wide open fairways . I don’t think the course condition warranted the full green fee and the staff should have said at the time of booking that the greens were not up to scratch.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Hello, Andrevanhoutte. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Highlands Reserve Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Some greens need some tenderly care

Course in good condition except some of the greens in bad condition.

Commented on 09/09/2019

We assure you the course is looking great., we're never cart path only, and the tee sheet is filling up fast! We hope to see you out there again soon.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for the excellent 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed your golfing experience at Highlands Reserve Golf Club.

Nice day of golf!

The condition of the course is improving. My son and I enjoy playing the course at Highland Reserve as it is just enough challenge to keep our interest time after time. Nice day of golf.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you and your son enjoyed the challenge Highlands Reserve has to offer. We hope to see you both out here again soon!

Commented on 08/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Badly organised T times

I Like Highlands Reserve, but on this occasion 6.40 in the morning I had a 4 and a 5 in front of me. Nearer 7 the second group were still teeing off so as there was a 4 behind I decided I'd go back and play the back none which is just across the road. Maybe it was my own fault and I should have asked at the desk but I thought I was just helping out and was only going to play the back none. Alas after I'd teed off the starter turns up and tells me I couldn't because there is work going on the back nine. So I explained what I was trying to do and apologized. But thought he could've at least offered me another round later on the day but hey ho

Commented on 08/30/2019

We apologize for the miscommunication and hope you were able to finish your round. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.