Black Bear Golf Club

Black Bear Golf Club- Orlando
Championship 72 7018 yards 74.1 139
Green (W) 72 5362 yards 72.0 128
Scorecard for Black Bear Golf Club
Bear Paw M: 74.1/139 399 534 189 548 197 378 399 391 426 3461 420 213 414 400 568 141 512 456 433 3557 7018
Black M: 71.2/133 340 489 159 518 172 351 354 363 391 3137 388 192 369 362 538 131 462 409 393 3244 6381
White M: 69.3/126 W: 75.4/134 310 414 135 463 150 311 309 270 371 2733 348 167 311 302 383 91 392 347 288 2629 5362
Green M: 66.8/121 W: 72.0/128 305 414 135 463 150 311 309 270 371 2728 348 167 311 302 383 91 392 347 288 2629 5357
Red M: 68.1/121 W: 68.1/121 305 409 130 458 97 276 299 263 243 2480 318 147 306 297 370 86 387 257 120 2288 4768

Year Built 1995
Architect P. B. Dye (1995)

Pull-carts No

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire required

Great conditions

Arrived and checked in, pro shop staff very friendly. The course was in great shape, only saw one green that had some bare spots but with the heat and rain that we’ve been receiving lately the overall course was in excellent condition. Play it as a single and never caught up to anyone on the course. Only thing I could have hoped for, was a cart person on the course. However, there were plenty of water coolers on the course. I will be back again.

Great shape

This is the second time I've played this course and both times it's been in excellent condition. Carts are gas which is nice due to the contour of this course. Greens are challenging but in such good shape. Plenty of water jugs along the course with cold water. I'll definitely be back!

Beautiful course

Very great shape. Beautiful course well maintained. Good layout. Only complaint is some of the GPS in carts don't work

Great to dare the Bear again

It has been years since I played here. Course was in overall great shape. Greens were a little thatchy. Would hate to see them much faster though. We will be back.

great course

Of all the courses in the area we play this one is in the best shape. Its a bit challenging with the hills and layout but very enjoyable!

Love playing at Black Bear

Played at Black Bear 8/24/2018. The golf course is in excellent condition from tee boxes all the way to greens. Love playing at Black Bear. We will definitely be back.

Played Aug 21st 2018 and they just sanded the greens today as we were playing. This course is excellent when not in the middle of maintenance. Very well maintained though excellent condition. Love playing here.

Typical Pete Dye challenge

This course is in pretty good condition for Central FL. summertime. Definitely would recommend. Don't be afraid to move up a tee box if your new to the course. It is a very challenging layout with smallish heavily bunkered and Sloped greens. Couple of the sand traps a little rough and sand consistency seemed to vary a bit from hole to hole. I know because I was in about 5 of them. Greens were a great speed for me and in good shape. I don't play here often because it's quite a drive for me but I do enjoy the course and will be back in the future.

Challenging but fun.

Dare the Bear!

This course is in great shape, only one green a little scabby but the rest of the course is in excellent shape.

I would recommend this course to golfer of all abilities.

If you are looking for a course that is challenging and in great shape and a great value, don’t overlook Black Bear!

My score was a little worse than other courses in this area but that is because it is a little more challenging.

Great Course with very small greens

The fairways were like carpet and the rough was cut to a playable length. Some of the bunkers were in better shape than others, but playable. The biggest disappointment was the size of the greens which were very narrow and elevated on most of the holes which made holding approach shots on the green more difficult than it needed to be. Overall a good day and a good price for the round.

Good course

Course conditions are great. Greens are great fairways are green. Very well maintained. Great course for a good round of golf.

Best Conditions I’ve seen this summer!

Course was immaculate from tee to green. Beautifully manicured. Rough was fair and manageable. Coming back next week.

Great layout & Challenging

The fairways are top notch & the greens are receptive & well kept. I try to play this course each time I visit the area

Great condition

Last time I played this course I had a cold and it about killed me. Some holes are very challenging, and the tee boxes are hard to walk up and down. I booked it today because I wanted to challenge it without a cold. Although it is a tough course, I played well today and it was in EXCELLENT condition.

Super hilly course for florida

Very hilly course for Florida and not a flat putt on the course. Course is in great shape. Greens are really soft and not overall fast but roll nice. If greens were a little faster they would be incredible with the slopes!! Definitely a shot makers course.

Avoid the clubhouse Bar

I enjoyed playing the course, the fairways were open but guarded with bunkers strategically placed on both sides. The greens were small and well guarded with bunkers. The undulating terrain of this course suited my style of play.

The clubhouse and bar are located at the turn and we decided to stop quickly to get a beer. We ordered 2 to go. I thought the price was extremely expensive (even for a golf course) at $4.00 per 8 0z plastic cup. We paid with a $10 bill and the server at the bar took the change and put it in the tip jar. I have never in my life seen such a gesture. I found that to be rude and offensive. We were just about to put a tip in the jar when she took it on her own volition to tip herself. So, not only was the price of the beer extravagant but the server was insulting by her selfishly putting our change in her tip jar.

The other club personnel were quite pleasant and accommodating. All in all a positive experience. AVOID the bar !

Commented On 06/27/2018

Gentlemen....my sincere apologies! I am sure there had to be a misunderstanding of some kind, and I assure you I will address this. Please come back again and I will make sure we pay for the two of you to have a better experience ....guaranteed!

Butch Benton

Director of Golf/Operations

Excellent course

First time playing this course. Excellent conditions from tee to greens, especially in this Florida heat. GPS a plus

Good time

The course is in very good condition, and not to busy.

We played at 1 PM and had a good time,

Great course, subpar practice facilites.

Great course, great staff, but the practice facilities needs some love. The putting green is okay, but the driving range should be a focal point for this course.

The course conditions were very good. You can't tell the architect was out to prove a point. you have to hit the ball straight to be proud of your score card. If not, still okay but you'll toss the score card at the turn.

Another thing that first timers will appreciate is knowing that this course is off the beaten path. Its a nice little fine, in a community that has a southern low country feel to it. Very bizzare for FL, be prepare to see farm land, and horses.

Not for nothing Black Bear was worth the trip from Sandford, FL. Hope the GM and owner will improve the practice facilities.

Commented On 07/05/2018

Thank you for your honesty. Would love to here your suggestions on improving the practice area. First I have ever heard on the negative side. Usually get great comment on our range and putting and chipping area. Open for suggestions. thanks,

Butch Benton