Black Bear Golf Club- Orlando
Championship 72 7018 yards 74.1 139
Green (W) 72 5362 yards 72.0 128
Scorecard for Black Bear Golf Club
Bear Paw M: 74.1/139 399 534 189 548 197 378 399 391 426 3461 420 213 414 400 568 141 512 456 433 3557 7018
Black M: 71.2/133 340 489 159 518 172 351 354 363 391 3137 388 192 369 362 538 131 462 409 393 3244 6381
White M: 69.3/126 W: 75.4/134 310 414 135 463 150 311 309 270 371 2733 348 167 311 302 383 91 392 347 288 2629 5362
Green M: 66.8/121 W: 72.0/128 305 414 135 463 150 311 309 270 371 2728 348 167 311 302 383 91 392 347 288 2629 5357
Red M: 68.1/121 W: 68.1/121 305 409 130 458 97 276 299 263 243 2480 318 147 306 297 370 86 387 257 120 2288 4768

Year Built 1995
Architect P. B. Dye (1995)

Pull-carts No

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire required

Typical Pete Dye challenge

This course is in pretty good condition for Central FL. summertime. Definitely would recommend. Don't be afraid to move up a tee box if your new to the course. It is a very challenging layout with smallish heavily bunkered and Sloped greens. Couple of the sand traps a little rough and sand consistency seemed to vary a bit from hole to hole. I know because I was in about 5 of them. Greens were a great speed for me and in good shape. I don't play here often because it's quite a drive for me but I do enjoy the course and will be back in the future.

Challenging but fun.

Dare the Bear! This course is in great shape, only one green a little scabby but the rest of the course is in excellent shape. I would recommend this course to golfer of all abilities. If you are looking for a course that is challenging and in great shape and a great value, don’t overlook Black Bear! My score was a little worse than other courses in this area but that is because it is a little more challenging.
Course Layout Excellent

Great Course with very small greens

The fairways were like carpet and the rough was cut to a playable length. Some of the bunkers were in better shape than others, but playable. The biggest disappointment was the size of the greens which were very narrow and elevated on most of the holes which made holding approach shots on the green more difficult than it needed to be. Overall a good day and a good price for the round.
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Average
Course Layout Good

Good course

Course conditions are great. Greens are great fairways are green. Very well maintained. Great course for a good round of golf.
Pace of Play Good
Course Layout Good

Best Conditions I’ve seen this summer!

Course was immaculate from tee to green. Beautifully manicured. Rough was fair and manageable. Coming back next week.

Great layout & Challenging

The fairways are top notch & the greens are receptive & well kept. I try to play this course each time I visit the area

Great condition

Last time I played this course I had a cold and it about killed me. Some holes are very challenging, and the tee boxes are hard to walk up and down. I booked it today because I wanted to challenge it without a cold. Although it is a tough course, I played well today and it was in EXCELLENT condition.
Course Layout Excellent

Super hilly course for florida

Very hilly course for Florida and not a flat putt on the course. Course is in great shape. Greens are really soft and not overall fast but roll nice. If greens were a little faster they would be incredible with the slopes!! Definitely a shot makers course.
Pace of Play Good

Avoid the clubhouse Bar

I enjoyed playing the course, the fairways were open but guarded with bunkers strategically placed on both sides. The greens were small and well guarded with bunkers. The undulating terrain of this course suited my style of play. The clubhouse and bar are located at the turn and we decided to stop quickly to get a beer. We ordered 2 to go. I thought the price was extremely expensive (even for a golf course) at $4.00 per 8 0z plastic cup. We paid with a $10 bill and the server at the bar took the change and put it in the tip jar. I have never in my life seen such a gesture. I found that to be rude and offensive. We were just about to put a tip in the jar when she took it on her own volition to tip herself. So, not only was the price of the beer extravagant but the server was insulting by her selfishly putting our change in her tip jar. The other club personnel were quite pleasant and accommodating. All in all a positive experience. AVOID the bar !
Off-course amenities Fair
Commented On 06/27/2018
Gentlemen....my sincere apologies! I am sure there had to be a misunderstanding of some kind, and I assure you I will address this. Please come back again and I will make sure we pay for the two of you to have a better experience ....guaranteed! Butch Benton Director of Golf/Operations

Excellent course

First time playing this course. Excellent conditions from tee to greens, especially in this Florida heat. GPS a plus

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019