Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon Course

Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon Course
Historic 72 6242 yards 70.3 131
Challenger 73 6073 yards 69.6 130
Scorecard for El Campeon Golf Course
Black M: 74.6/142 515 176 460 405 450 398 457 190 353 3404 569 431 240 340 532 142 364 556 437 3611 7015
Blue M: 73.0/139 474 172 430 380 403 382 448 170 334 3193 540 405 205 336 505 138 347 538 394 3408 6601
White M: 71.1/135 467 168 367 374 382 364 421 155 326 3024 495 374 164 332 477 138 332 518 388 3218 6242
Challenger M: 70.2/134 467 163 367 335 360 364 367 140 326 2889 495 359 164 332 477 138 332 518 369 3184 6073
Gold M: 68.1/128 W: 72.9/133 422 163 308 335 360 308 367 140 318 2721 414 359 152 237 432 125 317 498 369 2903 5624
Red M: 64.7/120 W: 68.6/125 353 115 247 241 293 257 367 100 283 2256 409 343 123 237 386 104 236 436 281 2555 4811

Year Built 1917
Greens Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect C. E. Clarke (1926) George O'Neil (1917)

Dress code No t-shirts or tank tops. Shorts are allowed but must be proper style and length. No tennis shorts or athletic shorts.

Excellent

I really enjoyed The El Campeon course at Mission Inn. Great layout in great condition. The greens were true and cut at a fair speed, just right.

Great Place--Worth the $$--Will Play Here Again

Excellent course that's worth the typical GolfNow rates. Challenging course, with very challenging greens; however it's playable and fair. Be careful about selecting tees--this course is not about how far you hit it. Angles and carries are vitally important. I would also advise some type of app that lets you see the layouts and distances to bunkers. I recommend this course for solid players who want to get a little away from the Orlando crowds. Pace was 4 to 4:10 on a holiday.

Enjoy the course, play of play is dreadful

I enjoy the layout of El Campeon but that doesnt mean I want to enjoy spending 4 hrs and 45 mins sitting around on it waiting. This is a difficult golf course probably not suited for the high handicapper. We did not see a marshal our entire round on a Saturday afternoon. Greens were in good condition and enjoy the look of the course that isn't your typical flat Florida golf.

Challenging Greens

First time playing, very challenging layout and some of the trickiest greens we’ve played this week. Pace of play for a Friday afternoon was just over 4 hours. Course did have a few bare spots and some of the bunkers could use some love. Overall a great experience.

Top notch layout and conditions

Worth the price and 45 minute drive for me. I’ll be back to play this one soon!

Greens have minor blemishes from traffic but no big deal ball still rolls true, fairways and bunkers a little soft from recent rains, and tee boxes are in really good shape. If you havent played here, put it on your list of ones to play this year for sure.

Excellent course bad tee times

The course is fantastic - no complaints about the layout or condition. However, the 8 minute splits on tee times is insane for a course of this difficulty...made waiting on EVERY hole and almost every shot. Need at least 10 minute splits. The round took 5 hours, which is a shame because it took away from the enjoyment of the course. You want to speed up play? Then spread out the tee times!

very beautiful golf course

beaucoup d'obstacles d'eau à franchir

des greens pentus

des par 3 toujours très difficiles

des doglegs

des greens surélevés

bref un parcours très intéressant

Double booking

Was great. Double booked Celebration for Sat. 8.15 and 9.07 can you help us. Call 9785028212

Poor condition of greens

Paid for El Campeon but they put us on Las Colinas. Starter never went over any info at all, just told us to join another twosome on tee box. After 6 holes we mentioned how poor course was for the money, and realized they sent us to wrong course. Went back to starter said sorry go to other course but couldn’t finish. No refund no comp nothing.

Great day

Course was in outstanding condition, worth the ride. Always a favorite place to play.

Beautifully Hilly Course

Course is in beautiful condition. Overall, the course is pretty tough, but fair. Only exception is the number 1 handicap hole, the par 5 number 17. The green is unfair on this hole. My partner hit his ball on the front of the green, where it stopped. We got into the cart, and by the time we got to the green, it had fallen off of the front of the green and into the water. I noted that there were approximately 50 balls in that small section of the lake. That green needs to be addressed. Other than that, it was a good day of golf.

The course was fine.

The course was fine but the staff in the pro shop was not the least bit friendly. We were early and couldn't check in. Then they said there was a group in front of us , if there was they were invisible. So needless to say no one in our foursome would ever to recommend this course..

Cold but consistently good

Played here numerous times and have never been disappointed in the conditions. Today was no exception even with the unusually cold and windy conditions! Fairways, tees and greens were very good despite the extremely bad weather of the last couple of weeks. Terrific layout with consistently quick, but not unfairly so, greens. Highly recommend El Campeon!!

Noce track, somewhat overrated

Very challenging course but the fairways are not all in good shape. Too many bare areas. Greens are fast and overall the course is very difficult. There are several trees that are either in the fairways or have large branches blocking shots. Bunkers were not well kept and not raked at all. Ok to play at a discounted rate but currently not worth the higher prices they charge.

Beautiful place to play golf

Great facility, nice staff. Excellent practice area, phenomenal course. Great layout, challenging, but fair. Make sure to play proper tees. Windy the day I played, but the course is excellent.

Highly Disappointed

We wanted to see how Mission Inn El Campeon course was. It want great. The courses I usually play are better (e.g., Disney courses, Orange County National courses). Our experience with the pro shop left a bad impression and memory. We were asked if we wanted range balls before our round and so we answered affirmatively and paid for range balls only to find out there were huge bins of complimentary balls at the range. So I didn’t hit any of the balls I paid for so that I may obtain a refund. The pro shop manager replied by saying there are no free range balls. Then, why were so many others hitting the complimentary range balls before their round?! I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it and so, I just let it go. However, given this experience with the pro shop and given the course wasn’t that well maintained, this was the first and last time we play at Mission Inn.

8c0f2547-dc60-504b-a636-1fde2f05eb33
MissionInnResort
Commented On 2019-01-24T12:29:26.000+00:00

Dear customer,

Mission Inn and the golf staff offer our apology to you. To be fair and clear, the range balls are not included with the price of a public round. However, the range balls are included for players who pay in advance for range and golf or pay at the pro shop counter during the check in process just like you did. We are truly sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding. We hope that you give our award winning courses and the golf staff an opportunity to be of service to you and your golf friends in the future. Please call us if or when you decide to return

Thought I was in Saudi Arabia

Course in is pretty decent condition; greens rolled very nice; bunkers needed work . Also I guess the idiots who played before us do not know how to rake a bunker. It was a bit windy so i was in the bunkers often, and not one was raked fully.. Folks, this will be hard to explain but on the front 9 for a good 4 or 5 holes we

clearly heard Latin music, country music and worst of all some sort of Islamic prayer ritual going on with chanting followed by EXTREMELY loud Arabian type music. At one point all of the snakes on the property were dancing as if they were mesmerized by the music. It was the most annoyingly bizarre thing I have ever encountered on a golf course and I play a lot of golf. Very disappointing round of golf

8c0f2547-dc60-504b-a636-1fde2f05eb33
MissionInnResort
Commented On 2019-01-22T18:24:15.000+00:00

Our Apologies! Mission Inn has become a favored wedding location in Central Florida. This morning we had a wedding celebration and we apologize for any distractions. Please return and play El Campeon prior to PGA Q School in March!

Request A Vacation Quote From Mission Inn Resort & Club
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Mission Inn Resort & Club will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Howey in the Hills, Florida