Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon Course

Year Built 1917
Greens Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect C. E. Clarke (1926) George O'Neil (1917)

Dress code No t-shirts or tank tops. Shorts are allowed but must be proper style and length. No tennis shorts or athletic shorts.

Challenging Greens

First time playing, very challenging layout and some of the trickiest greens we’ve played this week. Pace of play for a Friday afternoon was just over 4 hours. Course did have a few bare spots and some of the bunkers could use some love. Overall a great experience.

Top notch layout and conditions

Worth the price and 45 minute drive for me. I’ll be back to play this one soon!
Greens have minor blemishes from traffic but no big deal ball still rolls true, fairways and bunkers a little soft from recent rains, and tee boxes are in really good shape. If you havent played here, put it on your list of ones to play this year for sure.

Excellent course bad tee times

The course is fantastic - no complaints about the layout or condition. However, the 8 minute splits on tee times is insane for a course of this difficulty...made waiting on EVERY hole and almost every shot. Need at least 10 minute splits. The round took 5 hours, which is a shame because it took away from the enjoyment of the course. You want to speed up play? Then spread out the tee times!

very beautiful golf course

beaucoup d'obstacles d'eau à franchir
des greens pentus
des par 3 toujours très difficiles
des doglegs
des greens surélevés
bref un parcours très intéressant

Double booking

Was great. Double booked Celebration for Sat. 8.15 and 9.07 can you help us. Call 9785028212

Poor condition of greens
Paid for El Campeon but they put us on Las Colinas. Starter never went over any info at all, just told us to join another twosome on tee box. After 6 holes we mentioned how poor course was for the money, and realized they sent us to wrong course. Went back to starter said sorry go to other course but couldn’t finish. No refund no comp nothing.

Great day

Course was in outstanding condition, worth the ride. Always a favorite place to play.

Beautifully Hilly Course

Course is in beautiful condition. Overall, the course is pretty tough, but fair. Only exception is the number 1 handicap hole, the par 5 number 17. The green is unfair on this hole. My partner hit his ball on the front of the green, where it stopped. We got into the cart, and by the time we got to the green, it had fallen off of the front of the green and into the water. I noted that there were approximately 50 balls in that small section of the lake. That green needs to be addressed. Other than that, it was a good day of golf.

The course was fine.

The course was fine but the staff in the pro shop was not the least bit friendly. We were early and couldn't check in. Then they said there was a group in front of us , if there was they were invisible. So needless to say no one in our foursome would ever to recommend this course..

Cold but consistently good

Played here numerous times and have never been disappointed in the conditions. Today was no exception even with the unusually cold and windy conditions! Fairways, tees and greens were very good despite the extremely bad weather of the last couple of weeks. Terrific layout with consistently quick, but not unfairly so, greens. Highly recommend El Campeon!!

Noce track, somewhat overrated

Very challenging course but the fairways are not all in good shape. Too many bare areas. Greens are fast and overall the course is very difficult. There are several trees that are either in the fairways or have large branches blocking shots. Bunkers were not well kept and not raked at all. Ok to play at a discounted rate but currently not worth the higher prices they charge.

Beautiful place to play golf

Great facility, nice staff. Excellent practice area, phenomenal course. Great layout, challenging, but fair. Make sure to play proper tees. Windy the day I played, but the course is excellent.

Highly Disappointed

We wanted to see how Mission Inn El Campeon course was. It want great. The courses I usually play are better (e.g., Disney courses, Orange County National courses). Our experience with the pro shop left a bad impression and memory. We were asked if we wanted range balls before our round and so we answered affirmatively and paid for range balls only to find out there were huge bins of complimentary balls at the range. So I didn’t hit any of the balls I paid for so that I may obtain a refund. The pro shop manager replied by saying there are no free range balls. Then, why were so many others hitting the complimentary range balls before their round?! I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it and so, I just let it go. However, given this experience with the pro shop and given the course wasn’t that well maintained, this was the first and last time we play at Mission Inn.

8c0f2547-dc60-504b-a636-1fde2f05eb33
Commented on 01/24/2019

Dear customer,
Mission Inn and the golf staff offer our apology to you. To be fair and clear, the range balls are not included with the price of a public round. However, the range balls are included for players who pay in advance for range and golf or pay at the pro shop counter during the check in process just like you did. We are truly sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding. We hope that you give our award winning courses and the golf staff an opportunity to be of service to you and your golf friends in the future. Please call us if or when you decide to return

Thought I was in Saudi Arabia

Course in is pretty decent condition; greens rolled very nice; bunkers needed work . Also I guess the idiots who played before us do not know how to rake a bunker. It was a bit windy so i was in the bunkers often, and not one was raked fully.. Folks, this will be hard to explain but on the front 9 for a good 4 or 5 holes we
clearly heard Latin music, country music and worst of all some sort of Islamic prayer ritual going on with chanting followed by EXTREMELY loud Arabian type music. At one point all of the snakes on the property were dancing as if they were mesmerized by the music. It was the most annoyingly bizarre thing I have ever encountered on a golf course and I play a lot of golf. Very disappointing round of golf

8c0f2547-dc60-504b-a636-1fde2f05eb33
Commented on 01/22/2019

Our Apologies! Mission Inn has become a favored wedding location in Central Florida. This morning we had a wedding celebration and we apologize for any distractions. Please return and play El Campeon prior to PGA Q School in March!

Great layout. Had a great day on El Campeon

Very different from your normal Orlando golf. Lots of elevation changes and tree lined fairways. Plenty of water as well.

Normal pace of play for the Orlando area.

A must play when visiting the area if only because it's so much different from your normal Orlando golf experience

Great course after 45 years!

Played with my son and a couple for Montreal, Canada on a perfect day. 78 degrees, sunny, light winds. I played here back in 1974 while stationed at MacDill AFB, Tampa Florida. Things have definitely changed for the better here at El Campeon. Layout is challenging. Tees, greens, and fairways were in great conditions. What I did not realize is how difficult the greens can be due to slope and grain. They were very fast, so you had to be very careful with downhill down grain putts. Staff was first rate. I will definitely be back if in the Tampa or Orlando area.

Great course in fine shape.

First time playing this course and was pleasantly surprised, great condition, nice weather.
This course will challenge you, seems easy but it will surprise you. Overall a very pleasant experience, except for the sanding truck that was following us on several holes, hard to concentrate on your put when an engine is revving next to you.
Will play again.

100 year old Gem

Course in great shape for January. Greens were lightning fast and smooth throughout. Great track.

JUST GO PLAY THERE!

One of the best conditioned courses in central Florida. Great layout in excellent condition. Tees, Greens, fairways, traps and rough all wonderful. Important to play the tees that match your ability or the course will beat you up. Play the sister course - Los Colinas - one of my favorites. Get a good price from Golf Now Hot Deals.

Request A Vacation Quote From Mission Inn Resort & Club
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Mission Inn Resort & Club will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Nov 19, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
NEW Online Stay & Play Promotion running through the end of February.
From $1900