Julington Creek Golf Club (previously known as The Champions Club at Julington Creek), designed and owned by PGA Professional Steve Melnyk, offers a retreat to traditional designs of the past. With rolling Bermuda grass fairways wrapped around sparkling lakes and dense woods, the Julington Creek Golf Club offers a challenging but playable experience for the advanced and average golfer.

Since its opening in 1992, the Julington Creek Golf Club has played host to the Hooters Tour Jacksonville Open from 1996 to 1998 and the World Junior Championship Finals in 1997.

The golf course measures 6,908 yards from the gold tees. The longest hole is No. 14 at 566 yards. Champions has a rating of 72.4 and a slope of 127.

Julington Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Steve Melnyk (1992) Robert Walker (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Better than expected!

Course was in great shap considering the heat of late. Greens were good except for 1 or 2. I'd play again!

Course maintenance needs improvement

This course has a great layout but the fairways are rock hard, greens are not low mowed and painted green. The clubhouse is in terrible shape.

This course and it’s associated facilities need some serious TLC. A fantastic layout getting somewhat wasted

This course was player friendly

The course needs some TLC on the tee boxes and the greens. Overall, the course played well.

Nice layout

First time playing the course, greens were faster than we normally play but we loved it. Nice layout allowing a variety of shots. We will be back!

Rangers need to quit harrassing golfers

First time was on the 11th hole we were told to pick up our pace we were two holes behind, we told him we just played past the slow group and there was no one behind us. A few holes later the same ranger told us we were a hole behind and to pick up our pace. We all looked behind us and could not see the group behind us and told him we made up a hole since the last time. The third time a different ranger told us to pick up our pace because we were a hole behind, he then stated but you aren't holding anyone up. Then why are you telling us to pick up the PACE!!!!!!!!!!

A month ago the same ranger told us to pick up our pace while we were waiting on the group in front of us to get off the green...

I've played this course many times a year for the last 15 years and this is the first time I have been harrassed like this.

Rough Condition

Course was in rough shape. Not representative of the reviews. I will not be playing another round at this course unless it was $15.00 or less.

Great local course

This is a good deal for the money, course has a nice layout. The conditions at this time are dry so the grass is very dry and thin. Staff very friendly. Would return.

Beautiful Day ...Course is about 70%

The greens are about 50% green & 50% brown. The winter grass has died out & the summer grass is just starting to come in...going to be several weeks. Rough is still dormant in most spots. Lots of cart wear on the course especially in the approaches short of and around the greens. The lack of any rough meant that balls ran straight from fairway into the brush.
My group refilled our sand dispensers 3 times. Lots of divots aren't being filled. Didn't see a ranger on the course. Be prepared for a 5 hour round on the weekend.
Looks like the Greens staff spent a lot of time getting the bunkers in great shape. They need a huge blower to get the fallen leaves out of the rough & give the rough a chance to grown in.

Love the layout, big trees, lots of water and bunker.

A treasure

I’m reluctant to post something good because, to be honest, I want to keep it all to myself! However, that’s not fair.

The course layout is a lot of fun for a neighborhood course. Houses rarely come into play unless you really send it...

I play this course between twice a month, and twice a week. Such a great course for the value.

The course conditions this year have been phenomenal. Course drains well so there are rarely cart restrictions; unless it’s saturated. The course superintendent and his team are top-notch, and work really hard... this place gets a LOT of traffic, and they keep the tee boxes as fresh as possible.

If you’re into the really important things, their hot dogs are great!

There are two areas I rated low, and believe me, they aren’t important areas... at least not to me, so it didn’t affect my overall rating.

First, there is only a beverage cart on Saturday and Sunday. However, I’m pretty sure they have coolers they are happy to fill with whatever you desire. They’ve got a pretty good selection of beer and liquor.

Second, it’s really easy to get behind a train of slow foursomes... This is mainly because it’s a favorite for many of the areas seniors. I can’t blame them either. If you’re a solo golfer, you’re still most likely going to play a 4 hour round; so you might as well bring three friends. They typically will pair you up regardless...

In all, my favorite local course, by far. And such a great place to play. My coworkers and I play all over the country. Whenever they come to town, they insist we play here above all else...

Have fun, and hit em’ straight!

Fun course to play.

Course in nice shape and greens are in excellent shape. Had some difficulty holding greens on approach shots. Enjoyed course and booked again for Friday. Fairways are a bit tight but very fair.

Good shape

Course layout is fun. Greens well kept! No ball marks to deal with from previous play

julington creek

greens were perfect....too many leaves on the fairway,

Good Course & Staff

Good course layout and excellent staff. Tee boxes and bunkers need attention.
Driving range and practice area was too small for golfers

Risk/Reward

Received another discount on top of my GN tee time discount. Has a large chipping area. The practice putting green was equivalent to the course greens. You will be rewarded for smart play. I was visiting from out state. This is on my “must play” list when I return to the area.

Good course

Love this course, it is always maintained well and the staff is great.

Great neighborhood course!

If you ever want to avoid the heat the course is narrow in areas but shady throughout. Fun course!

Still ruff

Greens we're slow and had dirt patches all over them. Still charged a full rate at Saturday at 10:26.$50. Not worth it at all! They have alot of work to do still to get the course back to like it was. Won't be back for awhile

Perfect course conditions

The greens and fairways are pristine. A tough course to play. Tee boxes are in decent shape. This course is definitely in great condition and worth the money.

Saint Augustine, Florida
Orange Park, Florida
Orange Park, Florida
St. Augustine, Florida
Green Cove Springs, Florida

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.