Blue Sky Golf Club

Blue Sky Golf Club (formerly known as Mill Cove Golf Club), which opened in 1990, is an Arnold Palmer Signature golf course located in the heart of the Jacksonville golfing community. Blue Sky Golf Club has wetlands and marsh areas, tree-lined fairways and native bunkers. The par-72 golf course measures 6,784 yards from the longest tees. The course rating is 72.1, with a slope rating of 130 on Bermuda grass.
Blue Sky Golf Club
Dark Blue 72 6469 yards 70.6 124
Light Blue 72 6102 yards 68.2 118
Gray (W) 72 4832 yards 66.9 109
Scorecard for Blue Sky Golf Club
Black M: 72.1/130 523 353 181 434 490 160 400 222 580 3343 377 188 402 525 451 360 185 549 404 3441 6784
Dark Blue M: 70.6/124 510 342 169 411 450 147 377 200 557 3163 363 170 390 517 435 351 164 528 388 3306 6469
Light Blue M: 68.2/118 490 319 153 384 430 134 357 154 532 2953 349 160 370 497 407 326 159 501 380 3149 6102
White M: 65.4/111 W: 70.1/116 451 296 130 325 410 102 330 134 493 2671 328 134 335 448 341 279 114 469 289 2737 5408
Gray W: 66.9/109 406 244 94 284 380 92 290 112 459 2361 274 106 307 432 328 246 107 404 267 2471 4832

Year Built 1990
Architect Arnold Palmer (1990) Ed Seay (1990) Robert Walker (1994)

Carts Yes - $14.95 - $19.95

Dress code Relaxed

19th Hole Specials 11

Simple Easy Course

Wide open, great course for intermediate players. updated range. only complaint would be the bar and the proshop are both ran by the same person.

Best shape since the reopening. Keep up the good work!

The course is in the best shape that it has been since it reopened as Blue Sky. I had given up on it for a while, but played in mid-July and it was decent. It was even better when I played today in mid-August. I'm impressed with the work that has been done. At this time last year the greens were in pretty bad shape so I give them credit for the improvements. I just wish that the 9-hole green fees were a little more reasonable than $22.95. The after 3pm 18 rate is $28.95 is on par, but not everyone has time to play a full 18 and at $22.95 you are not really getting a good value to just play 9.

Commented On 08/13/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Better each week

Cmon guys. Some of you criticized the course knowing it was aerated. Some fairways and all the greens. It is almost back to normal and some of the greens are going to be better than before. If you're from here you should know this is a seasonal thing and ask before setting a tee time. If you remember the course when it was Mill Cove in the early days and in good condition, you will notice that they have softened the course. Way more playable now and faster to play. The range has some family oriented additions that should attract youngsters and hopefully the younger generation. The staff is very friendly and efficient and the restaurant/food is great. I for one appreciate the Hampton Group for bringing back this little gem of a course for us public players.

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are elated to hear that you had a satisfactory experience with us. We work tirelessly to ensure that our service and facilities are beyond your expectations upon arrival, as we believe in creating an environment that allows you to not only have a good time, but make lasting memories. Your positive feedback allows us to continue to build and grow with our consumer base so we can continue to optimize each special opportunity to make you happy. Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely,

surprizingly nice

I was expecting a dried out coarse. Not so. It was awesome.

Commented On 06/25/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Best,

TERRIBLE

Don’t play this course. Not worth it. They have totally lost it. If you don’t enjoy playing golf I guess it’s the course for you. Tee boxes to greens were terrible.

Commented On 06/25/2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We would like to learn more about your recent experience so that we may correct the situation in the future. If you could please contact us directly at info@hampton.golf. Thank you again, we look forward to hearing from you.

Our Sincerest Regards,

Hampton Golf Management

What has happened to this place?

Full price for a course with greens that are punched and sanded, fairways that were punched and the plugs and dirt left laying all over the course. The positive is a pimp driving range and good food, the bad, really bad, is the course condition.

Disappointed

Will never pay this much to play this course again. With barren fairways and greens, not to mention recent aerification, the price, even for a weekend morning should be dropped considerably. Every other local public course has rates at least $10-15 lower through GolfNow and those courses are always in much better shape. Bent Creek, Cimarrone & Magnolia Pointe will always get my $ before this place!

Great Value

Hubbie and I played and it was above our expectSations, especially for the price. Not exceptionally long, but as seniors it was perfect. Easy to walk, greens not like lightning, but fair, once you get the speed. Fairways for time of year were starting to fill in, and I imagine soon will be great. Basic course but above average for the price. The staff were excellent, the lady in the clubhouse who is the pro shop and restaurant all in one, was so friendly, efficient, made you feel so welcome. Was early for time so had a breakfast sandwich, excellent, went to starter and there was room so got off early. Nothing at all to complain about. Washrooms and water on the course. They need a decent driving range, and until they do should not charge for balls, but noticed they were putting in a putting practice green. Good job all.

Course Gets Better and Better

This course seems to get better and better. Frost delay in the morning that I just missed. Played the front 9 at a nice pace and eventually caught up to the morning delayed players on the back. Minor waits but nothing to complain about. I strongly recommend providing a map of the holes in the score card for the infrequent player so you can see the layout. I would also recommend staking the par 5 17th hazard. There is water all down the right side but no stakes. My tee ball was in the fairway. I hit a good 2nd shot to be robbed by the water hazard cutting in towards the fairway. I could not see the hazard cut in towards the fairway. Stakes would have revealed this hazard and saved me a stroke.

Great course for the price no complaints. I will definitely play there again

Great condition.

I enjoyed our round at Blue Sky. Fairway and greens were in great condition, not congested, no-one harassing us. Priced about right. Just bring your own snacks and drink, no cart service.

OK - Nothing Special

OK layout. A few of the par 5s really are long par 4s, so don't kid yourself if you get a 4! Driving range was mats only - not sure if that is the norm since it was my first time. Greens were a bit slow. Next to a local airport, which, for me, made it interesting - I don't mind the noise. Pace of play was ok before and after 10th tee.

Had issue after front nine. Came directly from 9th green to 10th tee and found a group of 3-4 carts with at least 8 people, kids and Dads, teeing off in front of me as a group. At least one course employee in the group wearing course t shirt. They hadn't been in front of me on the front nine - I had played with two guys on the front nine who quit after 9 and hadn't noticed the kiddie group anywhere in front of me. So, while waiting for the kiddie group to tee off, 3 guys showed up at the 10th tee as well, who decided, apparently on their own, to start their round there because they thought the 1st tee was backed up. I then called the club house complaining about the backup. They sent someone out to hold up the kiddie group at the 10th green and let me and the 3 first tee skippers play through. I was told that what happened was that the kiddie group had stopped after 9 to have lunch. Hmmm, I thought if you do that, you lose your spot. And who let's employees play with their kids in an 8 some on a Friday afternoon??? The kids didn't play every hole, but they were playing. And to make it more entertaining on the back 9, the 3 first tee skippers with whom I played the back 9 ignored te cart path only status that day (I walked). They got chastised after ignoring the more gentle reminders after the 10th hole.

May go back again, but not for a while.

Not your normal course

Everyone in the clubhouse is awesome, staff and members and golfers. In the last few months the fairways are looking great. The greens are finally on point. Rolling quick and true. Only course I play cause of the atmosphere and now they got the grass just how they want it. Can’t wait for the tiki bar. Oh and burgers are awesome.

Best Staff, Course and Golf Atmosphere

Played Bluesky and have to say the staff and atmosphere definitely the best in town. Golf course is designed for all levels. The clubhouse is not your traditional place as it caters to non golfers as well due to the excellent food and drinks and 10 place large screen TVs. Will be making this place my go to place everyday if I play golf. Check them out and you won’t be disappointed as there are more things to do than just golf.

Best time

Had a blast even though my playing partner out played me with a 66. Looks like a lot of work has been going on there. The course is looking and playing good. Always has been fun to play.

You have friends at Blue Sky

I thoroughly enjoyed playing this fun layout. This is the only course that I can pull a wedge on a par 5 after a good drive. Hole 5 is every TW and PGA Tour wannabes dream come true because it is the shortest par 5 on the course. I was fortunate to be invited to play with the teaching Pro and greens keeper. I can't say that I have ever played with staffs at the course. They have great wings, beers and cocktail waiting for me.

Great conditions after the Hurricane

Course layout is even more open after Hurricane Irma damaged some trees.

Greens are really rolling true and look to be healthiest they have ever been.

Seem better and better every time I come back.

Love the food menu and specials. Girls and guys behind the bar always remember my name.

Slowest Round

Should not take over 5 hours to complete a round of golf due to a single group playing ahead of you causing 10 plus minute delays in between shots. The course needs to be aware of the pace of play. Not worth the money charged for a mid-morning tee time.

Atlantic Beach, Florida