Blue Sky Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Dark Blue 72 6469 yards 70.6 124
Light Blue 72 6102 yards 68.2 118
Gray (W) 72 4832 yards 66.9 109

Blue Sky Golf Club (formerly known as Mill Cove Golf Club), which opened in 1990, is an Arnold Palmer Signature golf course located in the heart of the Jacksonville golfing community.

Blue Sky Golf Club has wetlands and marsh areas, tree-lined fairways and native bunkers.

The par-72 golf course measures 6,784 yards from the longest tees. The course rating is 72.1, with a slope rating of 130 on Bermuda grass.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near the airport   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole specials

"Great Value"

LindaFee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018

Hubbie and I played and it was above our expectSations, especially for the price. Not exceptionally long, but as seniors it was perfect. Easy to walk, greens not like lightning, but fair, once you get the speed. Fairways for time of year were starting to fill in, and I imagine soon will be great. Basic course but above average for the price. The staff were excellent, the lady in the clubhouse who is the pro shop and restaurant all in one, was so friendly, efficient, made you feel so welcome. Was early for time so had a breakfast sandwich, excellent, went to starter and there was room so got off early. Nothing at all to complain about. Washrooms and water on the course. They need a decent driving range, and until they do should not charge for balls, but noticed they were putting in a putting practice green. Good job all.

"Course Gets Better and Better"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2018

This course seems to get better and better. Frost delay in the morning that I just missed. Played the front 9 at a nice pace and eventually caught up to the morning delayed players on the back. Minor waits but nothing to complain about. I strongly recommend providing a map of the holes in the score card for the infrequent player so you can see the layout. I would also recommend staking the par 5 17th hazard. There is water all down the right side but no stakes. My tee ball was in the fairway. I hit a good 2nd shot to be robbed by the water hazard cutting in towards the fairway. I could not see the hazard cut in towards the fairway. Stakes would have revealed this hazard and saved me a stroke.

dwainmartin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017

Great course for the price no complaints. I will definitely play there again

"Great condition."

UsaTaxMan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

I enjoyed our round at Blue Sky. Fairway and greens were in great condition, not congested, no-one harassing us. Priced about right. Just bring your own snacks and drink, no cart service.

"OK - Nothing Special"

rauschjt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

OK layout. A few of the par 5s really are long par 4s, so don't kid yourself if you get a 4! Driving range was mats only - not sure if that is the norm since it was my first time. Greens were a bit slow. Next to a local airport, which, for me, made it interesting - I don't mind the noise. Pace of play was ok before and after 10th tee.

Had issue after front nine. Came directly from 9th green to 10th tee and found a group of 3-4 carts with at least 8 people, kids and Dads, teeing off in front of me as a group. At least one course employee in the group wearing course t shirt. They hadn't been in front of me on the front nine - I had played with two guys on the front nine who quit after 9 and hadn't noticed the kiddie group anywhere in front of me. So, while waiting for the kiddie group to tee off, 3 guys showed up at the 10th tee as well, who decided, apparently on their own, to start their round there because they thought the 1st tee was backed up. I then called the club house complaining about the backup. They sent someone out to hold up the kiddie group at the 10th green and let me and the 3 first tee skippers play through. I was told that what happened was that the kiddie group had stopped after 9 to have lunch. Hmmm, I thought if you do that, you lose your spot. And who let's employees play with their kids in an 8 some on a Friday afternoon??? The kids didn't play every hole, but they were playing. And to make it more entertaining on the back 9, the 3 first tee skippers with whom I played the back 9 ignored te cart path only status that day (I walked). They got chastised after ignoring the more gentle reminders after the 10th hole.

May go back again, but not for a while.

"Not your normal course"

Bcrooks6's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

Everyone in the clubhouse is awesome, staff and members and golfers. In the last few months the fairways are looking great. The greens are finally on point. Rolling quick and true. Only course I play cause of the atmosphere and now they got the grass just how they want it. Can’t wait for the tiki bar. Oh and burgers are awesome.

"Best Staff, Course and Golf Atmosphere"

wecare2180's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Played Bluesky and have to say the staff and atmosphere definitely the best in town. Golf course is designed for all levels. The clubhouse is not your traditional place as it caters to non golfers as well due to the excellent food and drinks and 10 place large screen TVs. Will be making this place my go to place everyday if I play golf. Check them out and you won’t be disappointed as there are more things to do than just golf.

"Best time"

Tpeyton3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

Had a blast even though my playing partner out played me with a 66. Looks like a lot of work has been going on there. The course is looking and playing good. Always has been fun to play.

"You have friends at Blue Sky"

livehappy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017

I thoroughly enjoyed playing this fun layout. This is the only course that I can pull a wedge on a par 5 after a good drive. Hole 5 is every TW and PGA Tour wannabes dream come true because it is the shortest par 5 on the course. I was fortunate to be invited to play with the teaching Pro and greens keeper. I can't say that I have ever played with staffs at the course. They have great wings, beers and cocktail waiting for me.

"Great conditions after the Hurricane"

fitlike143's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2017

Course layout is even more open after Hurricane Irma damaged some trees.

Greens are really rolling true and look to be healthiest they have ever been.

Seem better and better every time I come back.

Love the food menu and specials. Girls and guys behind the bar always remember my name.

"Slowest Round"

Jeff3035698's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Should not take over 5 hours to complete a round of golf due to a single group playing ahead of you causing 10 plus minute delays in between shots. The course needs to be aware of the pace of play. Not worth the money charged for a mid-morning tee time.

"Great course"

Geno6544714's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

This course is fun and challenging. The course has been in great shape every time I'm there. The staff Is wonderful. They can easily turn an ordinary day into pleasure. The bar/food is amazing. Great service and you'll end up making new friends every time you show up.

"Greens still in bad shape"

tvitty's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2017

The greens are in bad shape. I played this course back in May and the greens and tee boxes were also in poor condition. I figured somewhat due to a recent drought at the time. I gave it another shot in July and the greens were still in pretty rough shape. Very bumpy with sand everywhere. Some had brown sandy spots 3-4 feet wide on them. The tee boxes were better then they were in May. The fairways and rough were in decent shape compared to the greens. Best thing about the course is that it usually is never crowded when I've been in the evening during the week. I can play 18 in well under 3 hours. In the current condition the course is not worth the money they charge for it.

Blue Sky is one of the few public courses in that part of town that offer a nine hole rate. It was disappointing when they upped the rate in December 2016 from $17.95 to $22.95 for 9 holes. They have a $28.95 rate (before taxes) for after 3:00 p.m. that is a better value. However that doesn't always work for someone that may only have a couple hours to get out to play and doesn't have the time to spend all afternoon at the golf course due to work and family obligations.

The price increase on the nine holes has the feel of Blue Sky going the way of many of the other courses in town and eliminating golfers from just playing nine holes, which in turn I feel will have them stop playing golf altogether because of time and financial constraints.

Commented on 08/06/2017

I agree, it appears that courses don't want you to play nine. I like Bent Creek, they have an after 5 o'clock, for 15 dollars for nine, and after 6 its, 10 dollars

"Needs work"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2017

For the money on a late May morning, the course was fun but in poor condition. Lots of brad spots and various weeds sprouting around. Looks like they are working on its condition but it will take a couple of years, lots of attention, and money. Good quick round though and really good value, but you get what you pay for

"Friendly staff & good over all value"

restorrm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Had a great afternoon of golf with a nice breeze ( that's probably why there is an airport next door ). The greens were rolling very true & the staff couldn't be any nicer!

"Scruffy course with mediocre layout."

wilbyr1955's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2017

Played as a twosome. We did not experience the issues with staff mentioned by others. The course condition was not great. We found the layout somewhat bland.

"A must"

Warren3635868's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Enjoyed the course very much. I would rate it with Amelia River or Osprey Cove. My first time here. Greens, fairways and tee boxes in excellent shape. Will definitely return

"Pace of play"

stevedubs's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

I have played this course 5 times since it reopened as Blue Sky. 3 out of the 5 times I have not completed the round because the play is so slow. There is no ranger to control play and the starter just checks that you paid an and says go ahead. Had a couple of par 4's with 3 foursome backups. The restaurant is beautiful but it seems this place is just a nice restaurant that happens to have a golf course out back. I will NEVER play here again

Commented on 04/19/2017

We had the same problem with our 4 some yesterday. Pace of play was horrendous and ended up nearing 5.5hrs for 18 holes which is absurd! Half the holes we had to wait on others tee shots off of an adjacent hole due to the layout and had Fore yelled within earshot 4 times during the round. Course played well...but we will not be back.

Commented on 04/17/2017

We are very sorry for the poor experience. Please know that we strive to exceed expectations of each guest. When that does not happen we take measures to ensure a matter such as you described does not happen again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2017

"It's getting there"

bigjeffjax's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2017

It's a great layout. Hampton golf has really done a great job clearing the overgrown vegetation out. So much nicer to be able to see the course. Greens are okay but still need some love. Bumpy and slow, probably under 10.

Super shout out to the staff. I love how everyone seems to pitch in and do everything. Special hats off to Karissa who was working the 19th hole. Lunch was a great price for good food and her personality will bring us back.

Captain BigJeff